Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any multiplayer videos from Silent Hill Book of Memories yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any multiplayer videos from Silent Hill Book of Memories yet?

I can only find people playing alone. >

No-one even plays online, I've played one online match since I got it and there are never any servers up. Such a wasted gem, no-one has even given it the chance.

Comment

Online match? So it's competitive?
      Last edited by The_15th; 03-04-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't make myself really clear did I? xD

No, you essentially go through the single player levels but with players online, there are up to 4 players per game but as I said, you'd be lucky to even get one.

It's pretty unbalanced too, if you're just starting then the players who have completed the game have uber guns and weapons.
        But you can call commands to each other, or use the Vitas microphone and that's about it.

Players usually walk off and leave you if you explore too much though, it depends on who you play with.
        So it's like Co-Op Diablo? I've never played Diablo but thats all I hear it get compared to, just a co-operative single player mode.
        Still really fun with the right people.
        Last edited by Gradon; 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

The MP faces many issues.

First, hardly anyone bought the game, so the player pool is tiny.
          Second, if you want to co-op with someone you need host a lobby and just wait (assuming going for randoms), due to there being few owners the chances of someone joining the lobby while you're hosting is tiny. Likewise when you search there is unlikely someone who was willing to sit hosting a lobby forever.
          Third, no joining a session that has already started - This would have made things so much easier to get co-op going. But you cannot, back to the second point.

Is a good dungeon crawler RPG though, nice to play one with a Silent Hill skin. Just don't expect a great story.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Ok thanks everyone, I guess I will skip on this.

Comment

Apparently this game getting DLC, new trophies have appeared, though no official announcement of DLC of any kind.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Really? That's unexpected! Will check those trophies out in a sec.

Comment

Sorry for double post but news worthy:

Tomm Hullett put on his blog that the DLC is out next week, the DLC conists of a playable James and Heather.
                  There are more weapons, more enemies, more notes, more classes, and more story to 'fan-favourite' SH characters.

Comment

Working...
                  X