SH2 now works on Xbox 360!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH2 now works on Xbox 360!

Yays! Now Ill finally get to play through the game for the first time!

wait, you havent ever played it before ?

shame !!

Comment

I never played through it either. I got to the hotel a few times then stopped (not sure why). I completed SH1 and SH3 though. Great games. I'll try find a copy of SH2 to play on my PS3 (that's funny we're both playing on different next gen consoles).

Comment

Ultimate shame! I know! Silent Hill 1 scared me a lot when I seen my cousin in the hospital with the deformed nurses XD So I stayed away from the series and by the time 2 rolled around, I didnt really know how awesome it was.

Though I did finally play all the way through Silent Hill 1 a couple of months ago and was about to move onto 2 when I found that the 360 wont run it, my PC wont run it, and the PS2 version I had didnt have the extra's in the greatest hits ver (impossible to find).

Find the Greatest Hits version for PS2, it has new stuff in it!

Comment

yeah i've got the greatest hits version which has the born from a wish scenario as well, it even has extra endings , im going to assume you've played SH3 and 4 Dot ?

Comment

I always liked the Silent Hill series but I remember in the past I had to force myself to play through them because they just gave me that "creepy feeling". I didn't complete SH1 for ages but went through half of it a lot of times. Call me a pussy lool but when your by yourself in a dark room with good headphones on you'll get the real experience of SH. I think my scariest moment (well my jumpiest moment) in a video game has to be those black ghosts in the school in SH1, I was just walking through an empty class room and it comes out of nowhere making some noise, I didn't expect that at all.

Comment

Played SH3 quite far, but gave up (will be going back to it) and I beat SH4 with the best ending

Comment

I hear the US version is the only one compatible! =( I have the PAL version and never really got to play Born from a Wish, since I got it late in the XBox's life cycle and the PS2 version was impossible to find.

But yeah, any idea WHY PAL GAMES GET LEFT OUT OF SOME BC UPDATES?!!??!?!

Comment

I haven't completed any Silent Hill game yet. Truth be told they scare me shitless lol. plus on my PS2 version of SH2 there seems to be a bug or something. One spray of those acid-shooting freaks kills me, even at full health, so yeah, it's tough to get through.

Comment

Played SH3 quite far, but gave up (will be going back to it) and I beat SH4 with the best ending
                    well you should know just about each SH has 4 endings, so you oughta play them some more :p

Comment

Keep on looking for the PS2 GH version though. It's one of those rare games where the PS2 game is in fact better than the Xbox.

The CG in the Xbox version is encoded with Sofdec (poorly done too), while the PS2 boosts MPEG2 with no transitional pause from gameplay to them. The exteriors with the fog lag quite a bit on Xbox, but they don't on PS2 at all. They do in SH3 though, but not as much as the Xbox SH2.

Lastly, the Xbox version actually loads a bit slower. What it does have is AA, and the light sourcing is per pixel so when you run, it doesn't break up like the PS2 (where it's per vertex).

Comment

I recall checking the endings out online AJ, AFAIK SH4 only has two right? You can use spoiler tags by the way if you want to discuss them. Spoiler:

Comment

Can't remember who said it, think it was Carnivol ages ago, but bad graphics can make a game scary, I ain't being funny, but they can, maybe only with Silent Hill though. I don't know how it holds up on a HD tv though, something to try out.

And you say the SH2 PS2 GH version, I need to get the Asian or Japanese version though (still in English) so will the re-release of the asian version/Japanese version have those extra features too?

Comment

@dot

nope, even SH4 has 4 endings ..

here's an endings FAQ. might be spoilish .

Comment

I finally beat it But holy cow does the 360 emulation suck. There are a number of bugs including a game breaking one. I'll be doing an article on it soon for the features section.

Don't use more than 15 save slots or you game wont load after it shows the original Xbox screen. The only way to fix it is delete your saves (they cant be copied!) or if you are lucky like I was, use XSATA from Datel and manuall delete all but your last save.

Comment

Working...
                              X