PDA

View Full Version : what is it,resident evil 1.5 vanilla build??

crazy2k4
06-02-2013, 01:22 PM
i read all day for vanilla build,but never see videos of this build,its same build form the team???

Akimbo
06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Supposedly somebody with a vanilla copy of 1.5 (The 40% build to be exact) plans on leaking it today. If you want to see what the build is like, check out Playstation Museum's video of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnymHTvHrE).

Think of it as the MZD build, lacking the Team's custom rooms, the RE2 inventory items, more glitches and probably more problems.

drunkdog
06-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Oh? And where might this be going down?

Lanzagranadas
06-02-2013, 04:12 PM
The vanilla build is the original untouched build (untouched by no one except Capcom), I guess the expression works like "Vanilla software" which means an unmodified computer program.

alinhoalisson
06-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Sorry, I stopped following the main 1.5 thread because of all the useless posts, can someone explain me what've been happening in the last days?

The_15th
06-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Supposedly somebody with a vanilla copy of 1.5 (The 40% build to be exact) plans on leaking it today. If you want to see what the build is like, check out Playstation Museum's video of it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnymHTvHrE).

Think of it as the MZD build, lacking the Team's custom rooms, the RE2 inventory items, more glitches and probably more problems.

So that's why the one that was released last year to everyone didn't have the gorilla in the labs.

Inkfliction
06-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Was it leaked today?

drunkdog
06-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Anyone?

Dark Biohazard
06-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Not yet.

crazy2k4
06-03-2013, 06:42 AM
maybe its fake?user the have iso only upload some files,not iso entiretly,too bad xD
sorry my english,i am spanish :)

Marvin
06-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Jill: "What is it?"
Barry: "A vanilla build?"
Jill: "Can you download it?"
Barry: "No! It's not released"
Jill: "Better report this to Weska!"
Barry: "Fine! I'll be examining torrents, I hope this is not IGAS build!"
Jill: "Okay"
Barry: "Listen. Let's meet in this thread if something comes up. And here is a zip-brute-force tool. As you are the....

Dear god, please make me a moderator.

DyceGamez
06-03-2013, 09:48 AM
ahahahahahaha, Marvin that is one great post !!! thanks

PROTOBOY
08-30-2013, 04:20 AM
Hello what is the diferences between vanilla build and mzd buld???
Where I can get each version for download??

BiohazardFE
08-30-2013, 09:38 AM
There are far too many differences to list. Mainly translations, new rooms, new scenes, weapon stabilisation, new music, etc. As opposed to the 40% build which is severely broken, placeholder icons, climbing bugs, room crashes etc. The 40% build is currently unreleased although it does sit with a few people. There were a few claimers who threatened to release it a while ago but it never materialised.

Graco
08-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Hello what is the diferences between vanilla build and mzd buld???
Where I can get each version for download??

RMandel has a copy and posted videos on YouTube. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Here's a couple of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xKlcs3EJZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk4JURizOpk

Rick Hunter
08-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Haha: This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account.

Darkness
08-30-2013, 02:28 PM
Apparently rmandel closed his youtube account...

Rick Hunter
08-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Maybe some "purists" stalked him haha

OfficerRedfield
08-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Damn, thats a shame. This is why we cant have nice things...

Dark Biohazard
08-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Don't worry guys! RMandel is already re-uploading all his videos in other site, maybe will take a while, but I'm sure as soon as he finish it, he will share it with all the community again. :)

BiohazardFE
08-30-2013, 07:57 PM
He took them down due to YouTube and Capcom getting difficult with the copyrights to material again, and he didn't want them to be silent.

Darkness
08-30-2013, 08:26 PM
fucking crapcom can suck dick, not like they've done anything good for resident evil in awhile

Renard
08-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Cashcom just sunk to a new low. Didn't know that was possible...

Poor RMandel.

Akimbo
08-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about that RMandel. For a game they really don't care about, they sure have a way of showing it. Did his channel get shut down by YouTube?

Darkness
08-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about that RMandel. For a game they really don't care about, they sure have a way of showing it. Did his channel get shut down by YouTube?

no he closed it fearing a shitstorm from crapcom

Zombie_X
08-30-2013, 10:48 PM
He closed his account because his videos kept getting flagged for copyright violations. So he decided to take down everything. It is a shame but at least he's uploading his vids elsewhere.

meer
08-31-2013, 01:26 AM
Hah. Must be 'church' members foaming at the mouth for their golden bird.

Eteponge
08-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Wait, did Capcom themselves flag his videos, or did the purist cult? Curator's vanilla build videos never got flagged, nor have the millions of RE 1.5 MZD playthrough videos out there.

rewak
08-31-2013, 06:58 AM
Anyone can flag videos on YouTube, which is part of the problem of YouTube, they don't do shit about trolls but they give them a heck of a lot of tools to be trolls.

Dark Biohazard
08-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Ok, guys is already available the new RMandel channel, here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/RichEM

meer
08-31-2013, 03:52 PM
I have a question about those Japanese placeholder icons(the blue ones with the team's logo on it) in the vanilla build. Are those original files, or did the team put them in due to errors or something?

BiohazardFE
08-31-2013, 05:31 PM
The team took the logo from the icons. They're present in the original 40% build.

MiLŲ
08-31-2013, 05:37 PM
The vanilla build is so bugged up... I do (not) want it anymore. :P

meer
08-31-2013, 05:59 PM
The team took the logo from the icons. They're present in the original 40% build.

Haha cool. Thanks for the info.

Darkside05
08-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Only real thing that works with difference to MZD build is that Leon and Elza can jump down and up ledges, seeing somehow it was broken in the MZD build.

drunkdog
08-31-2013, 07:33 PM
They do care though, they canned the game because they felt it was shit, why would they want any new footage of the game out for the oublic to see if they canned the game in the first place?? It sucks.... but business is business. I'm gonna go watch this now.

Kegluneq
09-01-2013, 12:36 AM
It's expected that Capcom would take action and remove the videos once someone flagged them. I don't think that the purists would do it, though. If anything, it's in their best interest to keep them online so they can dissect and compare them to TeamIGAS' work. My best guess would be that some asshole private collector(s) wanted it offline so that it cannot diminish the value of the build (hearing it and seeing it are two very different things). Let's hope it stays up this time around.

Graco
09-01-2013, 01:28 PM
I just hope the douchebaggery ends with YouTube.

Borman
09-01-2013, 04:25 PM
It's expected that Capcom would take action and remove the videos once someone flagged them. I don't think that the purists would do it, though. If anything, it's in their best interest to keep them online so they can dissect and compare them to TeamIGAS' work. My best guess would be that some asshole private collector(s) wanted it offline so that it cannot diminish the value of the build (hearing it and seeing it are two very different things). Let's hope it stays up this time around.

You would be surprised what supposed fans would do. I have people who complain that I dont release enough things for free, and think that by spamming my stuff that I will magically release stuff? The Internet is available to a large portion of the world's population, so one can never discount what crazy people may do.

Enigmatism415
09-01-2013, 04:32 PM
It was probably just because of the music tracks. Anyway, now we can all see how mediocre the "PVB" is.

PROTOBOY
09-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Sorry I actually a noob to understand the differences between MZD, and other builds.

So the MZD is a different build from the team?

Renard
09-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Sorry I actually a noob to understand the differences between MZD, and other builds.

So the MZD is a different build from the team?
There's the 40% "Pure Vanilla Build" (PVB) which is the original unedited 40% build straight from Capcom. This is the build that the PlayStation Museum "Curator" got. And this is the build that Team IGAS got.

Then this 40% PVB popped up online some people pitched in and bought it for the outrageous price of like $9,000. They made a bunch of copies and sent them out to people (these people are referred to as the lucky ones). Either some of the people who originally bought the game, or some of the people who recieved the game, formed Team IGAS. I can't remember the team's former name.

Then there's the "Magic Zombie Door" (MZD) build, which is Team IGAS's modified WIP version of the 40% PVB that they got. This is just their progress on working towards a finished title, so it's different from the PVB. This build was released on February 17, 2013. I think the reason why they released it was to counter-act someone trying to sell the game online. Though I don't know what build was being sold. But the person trying to sell it was someone who had been antagonizing the RE community for years.

My info might be a tad incorrect, but I think I got the gist of it. There's a lot of history and drama to it...

Mikhail
09-05-2013, 07:33 AM
You missed GoroMacida's build with extra debug features,
his video build had the timer disabled though.
A later build? due the play time being part of the game save data.
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/918/bh2debugmenu.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5408/bh2umblab13.jpg

biohazard_star
09-05-2013, 08:12 AM
That isn't the GoroMacida build though. The GoroMacida build IS the 40% vanilla build. The one shown in the picture is the 80% build documented by bioflames. It was owned by a Japanese guy who was supposedly friends with a Capcom employee. The owner contacted INFLAMES, the webmaster of bioflames, and gave him a sizeable collection of digicam snap shots of him playing the game (two of which were posted above).

PROTOBOY
09-07-2013, 05:01 PM
BiohazardFE, Graco, Renard and Thank you very much for explanation, now I understand the MZD is the new version of the 49% build with rooms and some implements.

Edit

Now we can see the 49% build videos on dailymotion.
I found this interesting.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x144v2r_resident-evil-1-5-40-raw-build-backgrounds_videogames

Mikhail
09-15-2013, 03:30 PM
That isn't the GoroMacida build though. The GoroMacida build IS the 40% vanilla build. The one shown in the picture is the 80% build documented by bioflames. It was owned by a Japanese guy who was supposedly friends with a Capcom employee. The owner contacted INFLAMES, the webmaster of bioflames, and gave him a sizeable collection of digicam snap shots of him playing the game (two of which were posted above).

I thought I saw one without the timer but with the two extra debugs options though, i'm sure it was from GoroMacida's video, wishful thinking maybe, hmmm

Zomby
09-25-2013, 10:58 AM
You saw that it is leaked!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qrWaVKh94TQ

Mikhail
09-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Yep got it off RK's forum :-)

BrYaN55
09-26-2013, 01:40 AM
Deleted

Zinyui
09-26-2013, 02:27 AM
@ BrYaN55

that link is dead and just a word of advice but be careful posting that. the person that leaked it was banned just for posting a link to download that (if im wrong tell me)

BrYaN55
09-26-2013, 07:42 AM
@ BrYaN55

that link is dead and just a word of advice but be careful posting that. the person that leaked it was banned just for posting a link to download that (if im wrong tell me)

Oh really? Sorry, I didn't know! I'm not up to date with everything concerning RE 1.5. I've deleted my post just in case.

The link was still working for me though!

Eteponge
09-26-2013, 08:18 AM
The whole reason the link wasn't allowed here was because the original download contained an extra text file with insults directed at Team IGAS. The version of the download that people kept linking to here that kept getting removed was the one that contained the insulting text file.

crazy2k4
09-26-2013, 08:24 AM
The whole reason the link wasn't allowed here was because the original download contained an extra text file with insults directed at Team IGAS. The version of the download that people kept linking to here that kept getting removed was the one that contained the insulting text file.

insults directed at Team??for why??
Team work its great,i dont know for insulting

Eteponge
09-26-2013, 08:31 AM
insults directed at Team??for why??
Team work its great,i dont know for insulting
Just drama for the sake of drama I suppose. There are people ungrateful toward the Team for whatever reasons. They don't appreciate their Restoration efforts and hard work they are putting into the project. Usually it's a disagreement of the direction the restoration project took.

The version of the Vanilla Build I got didn't contain the insulting text file, thankfully.

BrYaN55
09-26-2013, 10:43 AM
There is no insult nor any text file in the ISO from the link I provided. Well, nothing that I can see at least...

Anyway, it was my first reaction to post the link here when I heard about it!

Zinyui
09-26-2013, 11:37 AM
then it should be safe to post the link then if that text file isnt in there

BrYaN55
09-26-2013, 12:03 PM
There you go!

https://anonfiles.com/file/f244176fe7a4ea0f155532335e769881

It is NOT my upload, I got the link from Assemblergames in the "Prototype Releases of 2013 Thread" on page 10, just so you know :)

90s Gamer
10-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I remember browsing this forum when the samples of BioHazard were released. People hacking the crap out of these samples. Now this has been released (the bloody "curator build", the holy grail), nothing happened. Where's the enthusiasm???

Graco
10-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I remember browsing this forum when the samples of BioHazard were released. People hacking the crap out of these samples. Now this has been released (the bloody "curator build", the holy grail), nothing happened. Where's the enthusiasm???

You missed the MZD release by IGAS which was the first time the community experienced 1.5 as a whole. Over time we learned the differences between the PVB and MZD builds and because of that the PVB is underwhelming. You won't see any enthusiasm and excitement again until the trial edition of IGAS' work is released in the future.