Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook Man to Return in RE5?

Check out what I found at:

Is this for real? BTW this isnt the whole article just the important part of it.

Resident Evil 4, GameCube & PlayStation 2
    The game Devil May Cry was originally intended to be a Resident Evil sequel, but the game underwent several radical changes and was considered too much of a departure from the series. The original concept for the game starred a European police officer named Dante (who shared the same name with the main character from the finished game) who is sent to investigate a castle that has been infested with bio-weapons. Many of the creatures in finished Devil May Cry were original planned to be monsters created from a new kind of virus.

Afterwards, Resident Evil 4 got its official start as a GameCube game. The GameCube version of Resident Evil 4 went through three different incarnations during development, each with a different premise, before Mikami decided to take directorial charge of the project and go on to deliver the released Resident Evil 4.

The first prototype of the game, known to the developers as the "Fog Version", featured Leon fighting what appeared to be a fog-like entity. This was to be the result of his infection with the Progenitor virus covered in the Resident Evil remake and in Resident Evil 0.

The second prototype, the "Hook Man version", featured Leon's fighting paranormal enemies, including dolls that had come to life, suits of armor (which actually make an appearance in the final version), and the aformentioned "hook man" (a dark, blood-covered/severely wounded silhouette/humanoid (depending on which footage you see) that drags a chain and hook with him). Gameplay footage of this prototype was featured in the Biohazard 4 Secret DVD and can be found by scrounging around on the internet. However, all is not lost for the two omitted characters. Both the "Hook Man" and "Fog" will make an appearance in Resident Evil 5.

aren't you the same guy who said luis is the RE5 character ?

Comment

Speculation, at best.

Comment

Maybe the hook man is the paralel of the Dr. Salvador that we see in the video... but I prefer him without that thing he has in the head, is too similar to the Dr.

EDIT: BTW where says that in the article?
        Last edited by Ridley W. Hayes; 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM.

Comment

the very last line.

Comment

Yes, I did say that, but then some dude showed me this fade-out of Chris into a pic of the guy from the trailer, and now im convinced. The most i can hope for now is that its Luis after the game goes through several thousand builds.

edit:back to the thread, do you think this guys just a complete speculative moron, or could it have some validity?
            Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 07-19-2007, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Capcom has history of reciclyn material of no-released RE's, it wont surprise me to see those enemies in the RE5.

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
              Yes, I did say that, but then some dude showed me this fade-out of Chris into a pic of the guy from the trailer, and now im convinced. The most i can hope for now is that its Luis after the game goes through several thousand builds.

edit:back to the thread, do you think this guys just a complete speculative moron, or could it have some validity?
              Yeah, i remember the dude of the fade-out... it was me .

Comment

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post

I have some terrible news for you

Luis...died in Resident Evil 4
                Last edited by BLSR1; 07-21-2007, 12:47 AM. Reason: mistake in number

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                  I have some terrible news for you

Luis...died in Resident Evil 4
                  I lol'd

I can't see them bringing the Hook man back into it, as they stated before, that build was too paranormal for Resident Evil.

Comment

I like the new Salvador-esque guy.

Comment

Yes, Luis died. But, I stick to the fact that so did Wesker. As i recall, in RE1, he died in a very similiar fashion to luis, and yet hes still working behind the scenes like the manipulative bastard he is.

Comment

I doubt Luis had the PD-Virus in him <_<

Comment

Biohazard: Gun Survivor (Resident Evil: Survivor) (2000) -- PlayStation, PC (Asia only

ok in the same place you got this info it say this...which is not true...

Comment

Working...
                          X