Website i've been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website i've been working on

Ever since i caught glimpse of a Condemned 2 developer interview i've been tinkering with a few website ideas that i'd like to get into. For the past week i've stressed out with all manner of designs for sites, i think i've even had about seven finalised versions!

The idea was pretty simple, just to run a gaming news website, with the focus on horror games, or to stretch it a little, games with scenes of violence, gore etc. The aspect i was most nervous about adding was a forum. Then it occured to me tonight, why bother? There are already tons of web forums out there for people to discuss these games, they don't need another surely?

Then tonight, whilst searching for the premiere date of Heroes season two, i found a news site that was basically a blog, with a nice and simple Heroes theme applied. A site, where news and imagery could be posted, and comments could be left by anyone. Felt quite stupid having not thought about it before!

So right now, i'd appreciate some feedback! If you want to pop along, leave some comments, make it look a little more active then i'd really appreciate it basically! The background (this) will be changed over the weekend the moment i find someone who can delivery me a decent alternative encompassing the games the site will feature.

Hope people like it, over time i really hope it'll take off

みわい工房,天然木,リフォーム

Do you have any instant messaging programs? I have some ideas to through your way.

Comment

wow i want those heels but take off the front part

Comment

Unfortunately i don't do messaging programmes, just emails! Whilst i'm sorting the domain email out i can be reached at stu@stutube.com

Few changes to the site this morning

The shoes are gone though sorry

Comment

it still looks great best of luck with it

Comment

I've actually been taking advice on what i can start doing to my website to make it a bit more appealing, so there's been a few changes now. And i'm actually looking for a few writers if people fancy it?

This is the ad i've put on a few press sites...

Basically, i'm in the infancy of developing a new website for console horror games. The site's currently updated with the latest news bits from Resident Evil 5 & Umbrella Chronicles, Alone In The Dark, Silent Hill 5 and Origins, and with any luck over time, there'll be a lot more features on older games, and upcoming games.

One of the things i'd like to have on the site to differ HFC from being just "a news site", i'd like to have people writing a few opinionated columns.

Two examples are currently up on the site here and here. If anyone here would happen to want to write something similar, specifically for any horror games other than Resident Evil, then please get in touch, would love to here from you!

stu@hobofightclub.com

PS Please excuse the slightly "simple" look for the timebeing, am currently awaiting a decent background to add to the site, and more features will slowly be added to the site over time.

Thank you for reading!

Stu
            So, have a look, and perhaps leave some feedback! Cheers

みわい工房,天然木,リフォーム

Comment

All I can say, is dont give up! Success doesnt happen overnight. PtoP has been launched for over a year and some months, and is just now starting to attract more and more people. Sure, there were plenty of times where I questioned if it was worth my time, but even if its just 10 people checking your site, it really is quite nice knowing that they are coming to your site, and not somewhere else. That said, June was one of my biggest months ever. If you have the content, people will come, rest assured.

Comment

Wow, nice site Stu. I'm sure you'll geet better as time passes.

Comment

Slight bump...

Thanks for the support so far in this thread, really means a lot!

みわい工房,天然木,リフォーム

The site's had a huuuuuge overhaul, it looks a ton better now, a lot easier on the eye.

Some decent news stories today with news on Silent Hill 5, Left 4 Dead...and the new Umbrella Chronicles cover ;)

I've now got unlimited bandwidth as well so i'm offering streaming video as and when it's available from here on in. When there's a new trailer out, HFC will be the place to find it...with any luck haha!

Feedback on the new design appreciated! Have a read of some stories, leave comments, that sorta thing!
                  Last edited by Stu; 08-28-2007, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Looking good, I'd suggest perhaps playing around with "containing" the news, and the menu's a bit better. Maybe add some lines distinguishing them as "seperate".

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                      Looking good, I'd suggest perhaps playing around with "containing" the news, and the menu's a bit better. Maybe add some lines distinguishing them as "seperate".
                      That's why i've started adding images to each story, but ideally i'd like the news piece headlines and menu headings to be on a slightly darker background...it'll come eventually

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
                      X