Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capcom wants you to suffer in HD - Resident Evil 4 HD on Steam 28th of February 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capcom wants you to suffer in HD - Resident Evil 4 HD on Steam 28th of February 2014

Capcom just announced that Resident Evil 4 continues its quest to become the most ported and re-released title in the universe by doing yet another PC release of the game, this time labeled as the ultimate HD experience. With unlimited trolling potential in terms of how we'd post these news, we figured we'd just cut it short and link to the official reveal trailer:

Great news ! I hope they include the real time cutscenes from the gamecube version and mouse support which was left out from that dreadful old pc port !
    Edit: is there any chance for a remake & zero hd port for pc/ps3/ps4 in the future ?
    Last edited by Guest; 01-21-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Curious about how they'll handle the cutscenes in this one ... Hopefully they're realtime (or at least re-recorded in full HD)

Comment

i have an eye in the digital book for 3.5 info! you know, its digital, hope they just ctrl+c ctrl+v in everything they have!

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          Curious about how they'll handle the cutscenes in this one ... Hopefully they're realtime (or at least re-recorded in full HD)
          I hope so. Maybe then we can finally get those Separate Ways cutscenes in HD... or not.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

"We will never stop milking this game" - Capcom.

Comment

There are two reasons I can see for people getting this port.

1. You're a PC only gamer. The original PC port was disgustingly terrible. You gamers deserve this port.
              2. You are Newsbot, and you demand only the highest quality videos on your RE site.

Other than that... Good god. They're going with the Street Fighter naming scheme. Imagine the game's 20th anniversary.

"Relive the classic! Buy Super Resident Evil 4 Ultimate 4K Hyper Edition! Now in 4K resolution!"

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post

1. You're a PC only gamer. The original PC port was disgustingly terrible. You gamers deserve this port.
                2. You are Newsbot, and you demand only the highest quality videos on your RE site.

Other than that... Good god. They're going with the Street Fighter naming scheme. Imagine the game's 20th anniversary.

"Relive the classic! Buy Super Resident Evil 4 Ultimate 4K Hyper Edition! Now in 4K resolution!"
                LOL if there are people whose still interested in buying these recycled stuff over and over again, hell why not ?

Comment

Meanwhile, no HD version of REmake or RE0.

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                    LOL if there are people whose still interested in buying these recycled stuff over and over again, hell why not ?
                    God forbid a company has a steady bottomline of some sort. Good think the Coca Cola company always produces a new flavor and bottle type every other week.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      God forbid a company has a steady bottomline of some sort. Good think the Coca Cola company always produces a new flavor and bottle type every other week.
                      It's not exactly quantifiable like that though is it. You drink the soda and if you want another go at one you have to buy more. I still have other versions of RE4 that I can still play, even the original GC release from almost 9 years ago. You don't have to buy it again to play it unless the PC HD appeals to you.

That said in still not sure this has surpassed the number of versions and releases RE2 had yet. And most of those were in 5 years of its release. Can't be far off though. Let me think...

RE2 - PS1, PS1 DS, N64, PC, DC, GC, Game.com
                      RE4 - GC, PS2, PC, Wii, Mobile, PS3, 360, PCHD.

Oh no, RE4 has had more.
                      Last edited by Rombie; 01-21-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

If one game needed upscaled hi-res textures i'd be Survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          It's not exactly quantifiable like that though is it. You drink the soda and if you want another go at one you have to buy more. I still have other versions of RE4 that I can still play, even the original GC release from almost 9 years ago. You don't have to buy it again to play it unless the PC HD appeals to you.
                          Would you drink 9 year old soda? :haha:
                          Last edited by Carnivol; 01-21-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Didn't someone release HD textures for the port a long, long time ago? The game looks exactly the same to me anyhow. That port really sucked but I played the heck out of it when I didn't have my Gamecube around. QTEs on keyboards are so awesome (not).

Comment

Capcom is trolling us.

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                              Meanwhile, no HD version of REmake or RE0.
                              Not even a straight RE1/RE2/RE3 Steam ports fully compatible with Windows7/8.

LOL. Actually, even for PC players there was an unnofficial patch that highly improved the graphic quality of that awful port.
                              Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-21-2014, 03:51 PM.
                              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
                              X