Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert RE2 .SAP files to .WAV?

SOLVED

I know that SAPmake converts .WAV files to .SAP but what happens if I want to listen to and/or edit existing RE2 sound effects and then repack the file into its original format? I need some way to convert .SAP to .WAV
    Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 02-25-2014, 03:04 AM.

You need a tool called Nova Extractor.

The one commonly used is 2.4, a Google search will find various locations.
    Last edited by BiohazardFE; 02-03-2014, 06:03 PM.
    sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Originally posted by BiohazardFE View Post
      You need a tool called Nova Extractor.

The one commonly used is 2.4, a Google search will find various locations.
      Sweet, well I downloaded the NS extractor using the following link and although there are a lot of file types supported, .SAP doesn't seem to be one of them. I extracted an .SAP to desktop and an .SAP appeared, un-extracted, on the desktop.

Maybe It's because I'm not using 2.4 or should ALL versions of NSE extract .SAP files?

EDIT on 2/3/14 @ 11:12PM:

Okay, there's something wrong here. I installed v2.4 and .SAP still isn't listed. Do I need a special plugin?

EDIT on 2/3/14 @ 11:20PM:

I got it! I had to select the output format from the "formats" tab.
      Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 02-03-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I'm glad you figured it out. As far as I know aside from things like BIOFAT this is the only program to support .SAP.
        sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I'm glad you figured it out. As far as I know aside from things like BIOFAT this is the only program to support .SAP.
          Too bad there weren't an ultra-convenient version of SAPmake that extracted .SAPs as well as repacking them. With things like RE2MV I see our tools are getting sharper. It's one hell of an improvement over using Jum's E3D just as Bioscript and other tools beat hex-editing.

Comment

Well, if someone could write up a tool which included Mortician's SAPMake and the capabilities of Nova we would be all set. I think Biofat was aiming for something similar.

And I kind of miss the manual hex editing days.
            sigpic

Comment

And I kind of miss the manual hex editing days.
              I arrived on the RE modding scene late 2011. One of the first things I did was look up hexadecimals on Wikipedia and read a single math problem. In my enthusiasm from completely understanding how to convert hexadecimals to decimal like some kind of genius, I wrote a tutorial on how to convert hexadecimals to decimal and labeled it "Deciphering hexadecimals" as if I was actually teaching people to understand what they meant. The tutorial itself was even written in a confusing way. I just went back and looked at it and I'm like "what the heck is this guy talking about?"

I didn't get too much into messing with hexadecimals for modding purposes except for adding items to the inventory and item box, and using cheat engine to manipulate player and enemy health. I even used cheat engine to help beat Silent Hill 2 when I reached the final boss with no ammo or health. I suppose hexadecimals were fun in their own way but I much rather prefer the tools we have now.

Comment

SAP is nothing more than a bunch of WAVs stacked one after another with a simple header (a counter and pointers to each WAV). You can grab any hex editor, cut the WAV portion you need, and save as .wav to listen to a sample.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Yeah, that was the original method Gemini, I forgot all about that. Thanks for the reminder.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X