Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best PS2 emulator for gameshark hacking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best PS2 emulator for gameshark hacking?

Well I've kinda come to a little crossroads with my Outbreak serious character model research. I can continue it on my console easily but here's the issue: time.

Due to how Gameshark 2 works on the PS2 (the disc has trouble being read because of the blue bottom for instance) loading repeatedly to test hex values beyond those known for characters would take far too long and they may be a small chance of it damaging something on my PS2 from repeatedly having to do this (highly unlikely but I don't want to take chances to test things I'm unsure of)

So, what emulator would be the most accurate (in terms of ps2 emulation) and best for testing gameshark codes in one set?

I don't know much about gameshark, but the best ps2 emu available is definitely the PCSX2 !

Comment

Blue cd's aren't a problem on the ps2, it's that ps2 cheat discs are actually two discs stuck together they used bankrupt stock of Crazy Taxi copies and chopped out the middle of the disc, they did the same with NHL Hitz 2002 for the Gamecube.

Have you tried installing FMCB you can use PS2rd instead then.

Can i install FMCB on any PS2 model?
      All consoles made before mid 2008 work with FMCB. The new Slim SCPH-9xxxxx models with a Date code of 8C and a BIOS v230 dont work with FMCB. All models after this version also will not work with FMCB.

Comment

Ah, I see Mikhail, once again you've been a big help. Alas, I fear my Slim model is far too new to work with FMCB. I got it Christmas of 2009 or 2010.

As for you OriginalZombie, I need to know if I need anything besides the emulator and outbreak file 2 ROM themselves. (such as bios files and stuff of a similar nature) Thank you in advance.
        Last edited by Glisp; 02-15-2014, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X