RE2 Big Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2 Big Head

I'm a bit late posting to THIA as six days have gone by and I got to making version 0.2.0 but I'll still post the 0.1.0 just for the sake of archiving.

I call him Mr. Knuckles (why does his face remind me of Steiner from FFIX?)

MOD DESCRIPTION:

Big Head RE2 is a mod that modifies all characters and enemies to have larger heads and other parts inflated to cartoonish proportions. In addition, I modified the size of all guns (50% larger) and gave everyone high-pitched voices (including zombies). I also included some easter eggs in a few modded backgrounds which you may not notice at first as they blend in pretty well with the rest of the scene. I might add that heads are for the most part 100% larger with the exception of Sherry (50%), Claire (75%), and Ada. Hands and feet are all 50% larger.

Tools and other resources that I used:
    - Autodesk Maya 2014 (trial ver) vertex editing, added extra polygons, edited UV's
    - Leo2236's RE2MV v1.2b Scaled and moved parts, imported and exported models/textures, converted .OBJ files back to .PLD or .EMD
    - Adobe Photoshop CS4 edited backgrounds and textures
    - MS Paint fixed edited texture files
    - nova software extractor 2.4 extracted multiple .SAP files at a time
    - Audacity increased/lowered pitch or made other modifications to sounds
    - SAPmake repacked .SAP files
    - BIOFAT (2-8-11) extracted/repacked BIN files
    - AdtToolsGUI v0.1b converted TIM files to ADT
    - PRIedit edited mask coordinates
    - timviewer converted BMP to and from TIM
    - Safehouse mod manuals Helped me find the names of specific EMD, PLD, and PLW files.
    - tobester's SFX list Helped me find the names of specific .SAP files.
    - Resident Evil 2 Platinum (PC game) I wouldn't have a mod without it

PROBLEMS WITH THE MOD:

Play-testing both Leon and Claire A & B scenarios has revealed a minimum of three bugs that I was unable to resolve, one of which was found using v0.2.0 and may not have occurred in the first version. The first bug is the direct result of scaling up all weapons in the game. When you fire a gun, the bullet is created INSIDE the weapon's barrel and not at the maw.

Secondly, I could not edit the model of the mayor's daughter found on Chief Iron's desk; every time I exported the model from Maya the body would be invisible in-game. This is strange because it's the only model edited in Maya that didn't show up in-game. Oh well, no big deal I guess.

The third bug occurs for an unknown reason. Shooting zombie Brad will cause the game to crash; this happens on v0.2.0 and has not been tested for v0.1.0

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN v0.1.0 AND v0.2.0:

The first version featured high-pitched voices, modifications to all EMD, PLD, and PLW, and just five easter eggs. The second version however adds ten more easter eggs, modifies backgrounds & masks for ROOM108, and cleans out unmodified files from the Big Head folder as to take up less space. There's not that much of a difference aside from the inclusion of 10 more easter eggs but it was still six days worth of work on top of an eighteen day project.

No further updates are currently planned (neither are versions for RE1 and RE3)

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:

4Shared - Version 0.1.0
    4Shared - Version 0.2.0
    Mediafire - Version 0.1.0
    Mediafire - Version 0.2.0

I might add that you should back up all original files somewhere if you haven't already or you will lose them when you start replacing files. If you do not want to replace certain files, take them out of the Big Head folder when replacing files.

To install the mod, simply extract the contents of the .rar archive and place said contents in the RESIDENT EVIL2 folder; the files will be distributed properly whilst replacing all original files. Likewise uninstallation is as simple as doing the same with all of the original files and replacing the modded ones.

BUT ABOVE ALL, HAVE FUN!

And when you find an easter egg, feel free to post pictures as well as a description of where you found it.
    Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 03-07-2014, 06:05 PM.

Damn that's great lol.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I just noticed that in the second screenshot it says REDRUM on the wall which is taken from Stanley Kubrick's 1980 "The Shining". Spelled backwards, it reads "MURDER". This is not one of my easter eggs but rather one of Capcom's. I'm still waiting for people to start hunting and start posting some findings. I'll tell you if it's one of my easter eggs or not.

Comment

Working...
      X