[RELEASE] Playable Nemesis RE2 [RE2 - PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASE] Playable Nemesis RE2 [RE2 - PC]

Get ready to say S.T.A.R.S. because playable Nemesis is here in a mod that replaces RE2 Leon in EMD, PLD, PLW, SAP, and st0_pl files (character portrait). Well, his voice dialogue remains the same but that's besides the point. At least he sounds like Nemesis when a zombie takes a chomp out of him.

You can play as Nemesis as either big head version or normal head version. There are 6 unique costumes in total with three big head and three normal head. One is regular Nemesis, another is shirtless tentacle Nemesis, and the last one is a secret for you to discover.

Some features of the mod are claw hands which mirror the characters unarmed PLW weapon file, Nemesis' bloodied rocket launcher, and an increased headshot radius resulting from the large scale of the player model. The unfortunate part is the handgun (save for the one-handed version) does not register hits unless you're aiming down within knife range. You should save the handgun until you upgrade to the VP70 auto.

NOTE

If you are experiencing slow gameplay, flashes during video recording, an illness known as "the plague" making your characters skin look like it has sand on it, or are having difficulty seeing the weapon texture correctly, just change your video device for RE2. You can do this is the bootup menu under OPTIONS>Device Setup. Changing mine from "SYSTEM MEMORY" to "Intel740" solved all of these problems.

PROGRAMS USED

Novasoft Extractor extracted SAP sounds from RE2
    pSound extracted VB sounds from RE3
    Audacity edited extracted SAP sounds
    SAPmake repacked SAP sounds
    Leo2236's RE2MV v1.2b replaced model parts, texture, and repacked file
    Leo2236's RE3MV v0.1b exported parts of Nemesis model
    Safehouse mod manuals Helped me find the names of specific EMD, PLD, and PLW files.
    tobester's SFX list Helped me find the names of specific .SAP files.
    Adobe Photoshop CS4 rearranged textures
    Autodesk Maya (2014 trial ver) edited model parts and UVs
    BIOfat_V0008 disassembled and reassembled PLW files
    timviewer converted and saved TIM files
    MS Paint fixed textures exported from Photoshop
    Resident Evil 2 Platinum (PC game) I wouldn't have a mod without it

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

To install, choose you preferred version (standard or big head), open the folder, copy the sub-folders "Common, Pl0, Pl1", and paste these in your RESIDENT EVIL2 directory. The files will distribute automatically. All you have to do is click "yes" to replace these files.

To uninstall, I have provided the "Original Files" folder. Copy and paste these to restore the original RE2 files.

Choose either download link and enjoy:

v0.1.0 4Shared
    v0.1.0 Mediafire
    v0.1.1 4Shared
    v0.1.1 Mediafire
    v0.1.2 4Shared
    v0.1.2 Mediafire
    Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 04-04-2014, 01:53 PM.

Wow, it is necessary to check out)))
    sigpic

Comment

Oh my God, this is awesome! Thank you so much!
      sigpic

Comment

@AleX

I'm glad you are enjoying it. Some experience I picked up making the playable Mr. X mod and it allowed me to make this one even better. One thing I did was make the pelvis and torso a single object to fix some wrongs when the player animates. A lot of effort went to make this mod as clean-looking as possible. It's looks about as good as any other player model by Capcom and this was a pretty exciting outcome. Hopefully someday soon the modding community will be able to edit animations and character skeletons, allowing for a larger player model to pose no problems. I know mortician's hard at work on several new and exciting tools including something that lets us import room data directly into 3D modeling programs such as Blender and allow us to edit them there and export. We'll see even better mods in the future and I hope to see more people modding.

Comment

It's good =) In fact, you are very great bother. I generally like all kinds of mods for Resident Evil. It is a pleasure =)
          sigpic

Comment

Wow, great!
            I guess this is also adaptable to the PS1 version, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Necron View Post
              Wow, great!
              I guess this is also adaptable to the PS1 version, right?
              I don't mess with porting RE2 PC mods to the PS1, nor do I still have a PS1. If anyone has a PS1 and wants to port the mod, go right ahead. Just give me proper credit.

Truthfully I don't think Playable Nemesis RE2 is worthy of a port because it's still the same old game with a different character model. Something like Team96's Distant Memories however is a total conversion. That is worthy of a port.
              Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 03-27-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Version 1.1 is now available. The version fixes animation problems with Pl00-PL06's leg objects as well as several animation problems with PL08. Some UV and texture fixes were also made to PL08. In addition, I included DXZ's knife sound patch for Big Head and Standard versions and included the original WEAPON01.SAP file in the uninstaller folder.

I might note that the animation fixes were not applied to the Big Head models but only the standard models.

Comment

Version 1.2 is up.

Version 0.1.2 makes Big Head Nemesis more cartoonish (resize also fixes Big Head Nemesis weapon hit detection), Divides Object_00 into two separate objects for smoother animation, and fixes bug where you revert back to the original Nemesis outfit during cut-scenes.

Comment

That's great =)
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X