[RELEASE] Resident Evil Directors Cut Dual Shock Fraud free edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RELEASE] Resident Evil Directors Cut Dual Shock Fraud free edition

Hi, people of this forums, i introduce my self with this mod i just made just yesterday. Its a pretty simple mod actually.

I, as many RE fans, totally hate the "music" that replaced the original OST. Also i have an unhealty hate for Mamoru Samuragochi, as musician and as fan of RE. He is the reason i couldnt play more than 2 minutes the dual shock version, till now.

I know there have been a lot of mods with the music restored, but i couldnt find any that either, hadn't a custom boot screen or the boot screen damaged. Neither i could find one that wasn't customized in some way that didnt felt too bloated to my taste. Also, most of the mods keep the orchestral music in the credits, and the credits referencing to that said "composer". So here is where I make my entrance.

With this mod, I aimed to the most vanilla version possible, as close as an official release would been, I only removed any reference to that "composer", that means i restored the music files, and the videos that had their music changed, I also changed the music credits to restore Still dawn, an extended edit version i had to make, and edited the credits to remove names songs that werent used anymore, and of people whos work was removed, hence the fraud less name ;). So it is basically the retail Directors Cut edition, but with the Dual Shock functionality. I didnt aimed for an uncut version, but maybe in the future.

I havent test it on the real hardware, but it works perfectly on Xebra and Mednafen 0.9.36.2 64bits and runs pretty well on pSX 1.13 (psxfin), since those are the most accurate emulators i know of, i assume it works the same on the psx it also works pretty fine on epsxe.

Hope you like it

It's and Xdelta patch, the original Dualshock version has to have this CRC32: B01860CE
    It is only for the NTSC-U SLUS_007.47

Last edited by SageX85; 07-17-2014, 03:02 PM.

Cool, thank you

But I have to say I do enjoy two or three of the tracks from Dual Shock, if not just for a change. The save music, 2nd floor mansion revisited, guardhouse can be quite charming in their own way (not superior mind you). I always wondered if it's possible to do a mixture of tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
      I always wondered if it's possible to do a mixture of tracks?
      Yup, it certainly is possible.

Hell, you can even put music from Bio1.5, Bio2 and Bio3, or any other PSone game that uses sequence data in there. Same can be said for Bio2, Bio3 and Bio1.5.

It's very simple to accomplish, actually - just swap the data around and rebuild the ISO. Of course, some archive files may have to be rebuilt before the ISO (bgm and hsb archive files), depending on what you're trying to do.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
        Yup, it certainly is possible.

Hell, you can even put music from Bio1.5, Bio2 and Bio3, or any other PSone game that uses sequence data in there. Same can be said for Bio2, Bio3 and Bio1.5.

It's very simple to accomplish, actually - just swap the data around and rebuild the ISO. Of course, some archive files may have to be rebuilt before the ISO (bgm and hsb archive files), depending on what you're trying to do.
        Awesome, thanks Mark. I would like to use Bio: DC standard as the base so I wouldn't have to change FMVs, etc. Is there a tutorial somewhere for rebuilding the ISO and those BGM files? Didn't you build a program that does that (checksum changes)? And how do I preview the sequence data I'm changing? Yup, it's been a long time since I messed around with rebuilding ISOs But overall, I think having Bio: DC and Dual Shock music mixed together could be a unique experience
        Last edited by Scream; 07-20-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Fraud or not, Director's Cut had some really good tracks:

-Mansion First Floor and Second Floor
          -Save Room
          -Guardhouse BASEMENT
          -Plant 42
          -Wesker, Where's Wesker?
          -Meeting Rebecca
          sigpic

Comment

Was the music changed in the original Director's Cut or just the Director's Cut Dual Shock Edition? I'll have to go back and compare them to the original.
            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Music was only changed in the Dual Shock version. Original Director's Cut kept the music from classic RE1.

Als Onimusha had great music and it was by the same guy as Dual Shock. Not the dude exposed as a fraud but his ghostwriter. RE1 Dual Shock was just...well it wasn't ALL bad. Just a lot of it.
              Last edited by Becky's Butt; 08-16-2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X