Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mod idea for Resident Evil 2 (PS1 Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mod idea for Resident Evil 2 (PS1 Version)

Some things I would do to Resident Evil 2 if I knew how to mod PS1 games. At some point, I am going to learn how to do it.

- Make the zombie skin color grey, like in the N64 version of Resident Evil Zero.

- Add an option in the Options menu to be able to change blood color from Red, Blue, or Green.

- Make ammo more scarce, and change it so that zombies don't get knocked back just after two or three handgun bullets.

- Some rooms respawn enemies.

- 180-degree turn added.

- Quick reload with Square button.

- Additional two costumes for Leon and Claire, when you obtain the key.

- One or two more Mr. X encounters.

I don't know what I'd call it. But I'm thinking something along the lines: RESIDENT EVIL 2: REFRESHED EDITION

To make RE2 for the PS1 worth playing all over again, because if you're like me and possibly many others, you have played RE2 over and over again, and know where everything is, and what to do. This would give RE2 a refresh-ness. The game stays mostly the same, but with some cool new features, and some remixed things to make the game worth going through again.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
    - Make the zombie skin color grey, like in the N64 version of Resident Evil Zero.
    Pretty much just a texture alteration, it should be easy.

- Add an option in the Options menu to be able to change blood color from Red, Blue, or Green.
    Pretty hard. RE2 has already unused code to turn all blood to white with a simple variable change, but for Red, Blue, and Green you're going to need to either change all code references or hack extra code into sprite spawn functions to use different palettes only for blood effects.

- Make ammo more scarce, and change it so that zombies don't get knocked back just after two or three handgun bullets.
    IIRC the knocked back code is nothing more than a timer set to a specific random value, modulo'd to use a specific range. Change the modulo, add some extra points and this is doable.

- Some rooms respawn enemies.
    My suggestion on this is to NEVER respawn enemies, especially if you're going to make it unlimited. It completely fucks up the way the game play works. Unless, of course, the respawn is more like a repopulation when you revisit a certain area. This is definitively accepted in the RE world and usually provides way better solutions for backtracking.

- 180-degree turn added.
    - Quick reload with Square button.
    MarkGrass already added the quick turn, but the reload code is a bit more complicated. It effectively requires extra code, for every weapon.

- Additional two costumes for Leon and Claire, when you obtain the key.
    Unless you allocate the proper costume slots for this, you're pretty much stuck with 3 for Leon and 2 for Claire.

- One or two more Mr. X encounters.
    Easy, just change the scripting of a room.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

To be honest, I'd rather someone just port over the Nightmare from the PC version to the PSX version. It's the only mode RE2 is worth replaying on, and frankly I hate having to deal with the PC version of the game.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

I don't know if you still take any requests right now, but I was wondering if is it possible to port the english text from megaman x4 ps1 to the japanese version of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          To be honest, I'd rather someone just port over the Nightmare from the PC version to the PSX version. It's the only mode RE2 is worth replaying on, and frankly I hate having to deal with the PC version of the game.
          Pretty much this-- I'd enjoy playing a version with some tasty (non-itchy) changes as mentioned in OP, but the biggest thing for me would also be the nightmare port-to-psx version.

It really is the only difficulty that I recognize 2 on these days, as previously I just enjoyed it for more aesthetic purposes, and less as a 'cohesive' gameplay experience. But nightmare changes the difficulty to such a degree that it finally becomes more like the higher-ante survival experience we wanted after 1 in the first place.
          The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

Working...
          X