(Question) Help with RE 2 no cd patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Question) Help with RE 2 no cd patches

Has anyone had any luck with these? Yes I know we have the Sourcenext version but I wanted to mess around with the platinum version.

I tried Martin's (Dark Biohazard) guide on replacing a certain hex string in both Claire and Leon's exe http://z4.invisionfree.com/Resident_...showtopic=1670

but I still get this pop up

Please insert Leon/Claire CD.

Can anyone offer some insight on this?

Thanks!

Daemon Tools would probably be your best bet. It emulates a cd rom drive. You'll need to mount the iso to do so. If you want to mount another disc image just unmount it and mount said iso. It's very easy to figure out. Just download the free version.
    Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 07-30-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I appreciate the reply. Though I need a no cd patch in order to use mods. I should've mentioned that sorry.

Comment

The point is he's trying to mod the game without the game trying to read files from the disc instead of where it's installed on the HDD, which often happens on the PC version of RE2.

Comment

If it's anything like re1 you need to copy the whole 2 discs contents to your hdd not just allow it to install to your hdd, the folder layout is slightly different to when it's normally installed too irc addding a extra horr folder, either it shouldn't be too hard to crack it's just nopping the cd check that's how I hacked re1 in ida pro.

Comment

Copying the entire contents of both discs yield the same results unfortunately :/

Comment

I would keep using the SN version if I could find out why the game runs super slow for me. The weird thing is, if I run/open a resource heavy program while running the game like 3ds Max, it runs at normal speed..

CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.88 GHz
              RAM: 8 GB
              GPU: GTX 760 2GB

I can run Dead Rising 3 max settings at full 60 FPS but RE2 runs at 10 FPS? Logic FTL. RE3 doesn't have this problem fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                I would keep using the SN version if I could find out why the game runs super slow for me. The weird thing is, if I run/open a resource heavy program while running the game like 3ds Max, it runs at normal speed..

CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.88 GHz
                RAM: 8 GB
                GPU: GTX 760 2GB

I can run Dead Rising 3 max settings at full 60 FPS but RE2 runs at 10 FPS? Logic FTL. RE3 doesn't have this problem fortunately.
                Sounds like your gpu is throtting itself and running at a higher rate when you have other apps running in the background to ramp it up, does your gpu have per .exe / game settings for performance? you might need to add profile for re2 since it's a old x86 game and probably isn't autodected on install.

Comment

Working...
                X