My theory on the monsters in RE5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My theory on the monsters in RE5

Ok so I have seen alot of topics saying "No Zombies = game gonna sux" on Gamefaqs. I think were jumping to conclusions. If you notice they are alot like the Ganados from RE4 except a little smarter. Im thinking maybe the megaphone guy is controlling them somehow... or rallying them to do stuff. Anyway... maybe whatever they are infected with is letting them be controlled but if they are infected long enough or maybe being out in the sun too much will make them go crazy and loose their humanity and become more zombie like. I think this because in the trailer you see two villagers trying to hold a guy down as he is freaking out, Chris runs in... they run away... and he starts bleeding from the eyes and become more 28 Weeks Later like... he acts different from the other people. maybe what they were doing instead of infecting him was trying to somehow stop him from changing into whatever he became. but Chris ran in so they just decided that when he transformed he would take care of Chris. I also think this because It doesn't look like the others were bleeding from they eyes.... and because ei am being optimistic and want Zombies of some kind in the game... anyway yeah... that is what I think... do you guys agree?

Posted this originaly on GFs

That's and interesting theory and would certainly be an interesting plot twist, but I wouldn't be so sure Capcom would follow through with it. The thought of Chris killing innocent people who have the chance to become normal again would probably not go over well with the public. In RE4 once the eggs hatched you were basically screwed.

Comment

Unless you could get to a electro-radiation station... Or had those anti-bodies injected into you...

Comment

I thought that once you past a certain point in the incubation process you couldn't reverse it?

Comment

The man walking at 0:33 looks like the same man being infected with the bleeding eyes. Right after you see him walking, a man without a shirt stares up at the camera.

In the scene where they are restraining that man with the bleeding eyes, it looks as if the man on the left has no shirt on. It's hard to tell though. The man attacking Chris afterwards has no shirt on however.

I also noticed the cracked skin on the Dr.Salvador looking guy who is standing next to the megaphone man. He's probably in a more advanced state of whatever they're infected with. On some shots you can see redness between the cracks. It reminds me of the way the "5" in the logo is cracked. Maybe the infected we see are just the beginning stages of the virus which may have different stages later on.

The "5" logo sequence could also be the Earth crumbling and revealing lava underneath. Maybe the virus or something in the plot has something to do with heat or something within the Earth. I noticed the embers and heatwaves during the credits at the end of the trailer.

Just throwing things out there
          Last edited by GalacticAE; 08-06-2007, 02:47 AM.

Comment

If I recall correctly, Wesker mentioned not too much about the so called "Ebola Virus" in his second report. I'm starting to woner if this a reference to the Ebola. Think. They start hallucenating, running wild like 28 weeks later, and then before you know it...it IS the Ebola Virus.
            Last edited by Freak West; 08-09-2007, 12:29 PM.

Comment

But wasn't the T-Virus just a combination of the Progenitor(Mother virus?) and Ebola viruses? I can't remember details too well, but I think it also had the leeches thrown in there somewhere along the cultivation process.

Also in that scene where the 2 guys are trying to restrain the guy with a serious case of pink eye. I think Capcom have just cut scenes from that bloodied eye dude running at Chris then scenes of a totally different shirtless dude attacking Chris from later on or something.

Also while we're on the topic of Zombies or whatever, anyone else notice that in the Angry Mob scene, we're shown (for a second or 2) the POV of the hung up body. Now that's nothing too special, except that if you actually look at the hung up body(can be seen in other parts of the Angry Mob scene) it seems that it's already begun decomposition (the stomach/waist is EXTREMELY thin). Which leads me to ask: Why are we given the POV of a dead man? Unless... Le Gasp!

I could be onto something... I could be clutching at straws, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Psych Ward View Post
                But wasn't the T-Virus just a combination of the Progenitor(Mother virus?) and Ebola viruses? I can't remember details too well, but I think it also had the leeches thrown in there somewhere along the cultivation process.

The T-Virus was created by infecting leeches with the mother virus

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                  The T-Virus was created by infecting leeches with the mother virus
                  Still not quite correct. The T-virus was created by modifying the Progenitor's viral DNA with leech DNA. Presumably somewhere inside the leech genome is the the right combination of chromosomes to allow for reanimation when combined with an already horrific gene modifying viral vector.

Comment

Originally posted by Freak West View Post
                    If I recall correctly, Wesker mentioned not too much about the so called "Ebola Virus" in his second report. I'm starting to woner if this a reference to the Ebola. Think. They start hallucenating, running wild like 28 weeks later, and then before you know it...it IS the Ebola Virus.
                    Verdugo_X2L? please next time you take an avatar I've made for another user, ask. The ebola virus was used in the production of the T-Virus from what was the another variation of the T-Virus, the ebola as far as I'm concerned is of no use.

I think the G-Virus is going to come into play in 5- some sort of hybrid infection, for several reasons, all of which I'm not going into.

T-Marcus = Progenitor + Leech DNA

T-Birkin (widely seen variation of the virus) = T-Marcus + Ebola

Very complicated, because there's actually no direct mention of Birkin combining the Ebola with T-Marcus, it's simply stated that he combined the 'mutated Founder Virus' with the Ebola, I do believe that the most common variation of the virus was created by mixing the T-Marcus with Ebola. So you have:

Progenitor Virus + Leech DNA + Ebola.
                    Last edited by Jericho; 08-12-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

With all this talk about the viruses, I wish they’d bring tyrants back  it used to be that the viruses would kill out a normal human but one person would be so strong that they’d withstand it all and turn into a tyrant. Are the viruses weaker forms in order to allow whole populations such as the ganados and the Africans in RE 5 to just run rampant and mutate?

Also on a sidenote, I don’t think this will be included in the storyline but it’d be nice if RE 0’s incident with Billy Cohen in Africa tied into this game just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
                        With all this talk about the viruses, I wish they’d bring tyrants back  it used to be that the viruses would kill out a normal human but one person would be so strong that they’d withstand it all and turn into a tyrant.
                        Also on a sidenote, I don’t think this will be included in the storyline but it’d be nice if RE 0’s incident with Billy Cohen in Africa tied into this game just a little.
                        Unfortunately a tyrant has to be genetically and physically operated on and be surgically mutilated
                        but I suppose that maybe a person could turn into a weaker tyrant naturally

That would be interesting to tie in Billy's back story.

Comment

While I agree some tyrants have to be surgically and physically operated on, I think there were cases where some tyrants were made from prisoners and they can naturally mutate, I think this was the case with Mr X, as he looks like a messed up stone color looking basketball player. He didn’t have much power in his beginning stage, he just knocked you up a lot. When he was knocked over in the lab and fell in something he then mutated. So yah.. more tyrants I say

Comment

After the whole racism thing, I don't think Capcom would go with a storyline like this... it's a good theory, btw.... but no, never in the series the enemies could come back to normal, they were always pretty much dead. Even the ganados, I think that when the Plaga reaches a point, it cannot be destroyed.... I think that point is when it stablishes control over the person it's in.

Comment

I just never thought it to be a good idea to go to africa and start killing the people there when there are already genocides happening, though I could see the umbrella company getting the las plagas+T-Virus and using it on a cointinent no one cares about to experiment on a mass scale, but thats just speculations. I really hope these are hybrid zombies that the Umbrella Corp wants to test out and Chris is sent there to stop the situation and shut it down. ;) In resident evil survivor, you learn that prisoners who were infected with the T-Virus were experimented on to become Tyrants. The brother and sister in Survivor were some of the kids who were going to be experimented on if I remember, Although, I still wonder about the little swat guys who dissapeared when they died of how they were made...I just dont think its the right setting for resident evil in Africa...Maybe the middle east...J/K

SIDE NOTE: If Billy's side story has to do with this, that would be interesting, but I dont see how, other then he was in the Armed Forces and was Trying to stop his guys from slaughtering the village, Didnt Billy Die though? Been a while since Ive played RE0.
                              Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-13-2007, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X