The "Wesker Connection"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Wesker Connection"

I've been thinking lately... "What if Wesker were never born?" All of the events that occurred in Raccoon City are in someway tied directly or indirectly to Wesker. Think about this:

William Birkin's rise to director of the Arclay facility : Without Wesker, Dr Marcus and possibly even Spencer himself would not have seen the true potential in Birkin since he probably would not have competed with anyone to make him perform better. Although he was very intelligent, he had a good thing going with Wesker there: they worked off each others ideas (this could be seen in the various RE0 cut scenes, especially the last lone).

Assassination of Dr. Marcus : I hardly doubt Birkin was the kind of man that would kill in cold blood without first being convinced that it was the right thing to do. For whatever reason they thought it was good (perhaps Spencer told them of a promotion if they did it?), without Wesker there, I doubt Birkin could have executed it, even though they weren't the ones to actually shoot Dr. Marcus, I doubt Birkin would have played any role his execution without out Wesker there for some coaching... By then Birkin was a family man, he had a wife and a 4 year old daughter (she was born 1984, Marcus was killed in 1988) so Wesker could have easily talked him into doing it seeing as how Spencer would have been willing to give them both a significant bonus and raises or something...

The Discovery of the G-Virus : Without Wesker there to order the Nemesis parasite from Umbrella Europe, the research team at the Arclay facility would never have had the chance to test it on Lisa Trevor; and without noticing that the parasite did not function the same way as it did in normal Tyrants, there would have been no further exploration which would have lead to the discovery of the raw form of the G-Virus.

The G-Virus Project : Without Wesker to order the Nemesis Parasite to study at the Mansion Facility, the G-Virus would never have been found, without the G-Virus there would be no G-Virus Project, and thus...

Formation of the Umbrella Raccoon City facility : Since there was no G-Virus Project, the Umbrella Raccoon City facility (URCF) would have never have been built.

William Birkin's Transformation : Since there is no G-Virus, and consequently no URCF, Umbrella Europe would have never sent that USFU team to retrieve it which lead to Birkin's untimely demise as human, and the beginning of his life as a G-Monster. Since this event would have never have occurred, for all intents and purposes, Birkin is still working in the Arclay mansion facility researching the T-Virus...

Formation of S.T.A.R.S. : Wesker was the one who started the S.T.A.R.S. branch in Raccoon City, so it goes without saying that without Wesker, there would likely be no S.T.A.R.S.. Sure they would have their S.W.A.T. still, but S.T.A.R.S. falls under a different category of team. Wesker formed it in 1996, a year after his re-assignment into the Umbrella "Information Bureau" in 1995.

Edward Dewey's, Kevin Dooley's, Forest Speyer's, Joseph Frost's, Kenneth Sullivan's, Richard Aiken's, Enrico Marini's, and Brad Vickers' Death : Without Wesker, there would be no S.T.A.R.S., and without S.T.A.R.S. none of those men would have died.

Barry Burton's, Chris Redfield's, and Jill Valentine's enrollment in STARS : Without Wesker, there would be no S.T.A.R.S., therefore Barry and Jill would have never joined, he would still be in S.W.A.T. and Jill would still be in another city's S.T.A.R.S. team (she transfered to the Raccoon city STARS team fairly recently). Since Barry was never in STARS, then there is no way Chris could have been recruited for it either. If anything, Chris would have joined Barry in the SWAT team he was a part of...

The Mansion Incident : Since Marcus probably would have never been assassinated, it's quite possible, this event could have been entirely avoided. Since Wesker wasn't around to form S.T.A.R.S., the chances of this lab being destroyed reduce to almost zero...

Nemesis being dropped in Raccoon City to take out the remaining STARS : Since there is no STARS, there is no STARS for Nemesis to take out. Plus, since STARS never destroyed the Tyrant in the Arclay lab, Umbrella wouldn't have sent him in for "revenge" anyway.

Claire going to Raccoon City :Since her brother was never in STARS, he would have never gone to investigate the mansion facility, and thus the series of events that followed with Chief Irons not believing them and sabotaging their efforts to pin Umbrella on it, Chris would have been there to answer Claire's (obsessive?) calls and thus would not have to come looking for him.

The Destruction of Raccoon City :The city was destroyed because the virus could not be contained within the city so to halt the spread of the virus, it had to be destroyed. The reason the virus spread so quickly was because of the incident involving the Mansion Incident and because of the Birkin Monster's actions in the sewers, but since without Wesker, the Mansion Incident and G-Virus program never occur, therefore, the destruction of Raccoon City never happens.

The Destruction of Sheena Island :Since the destruction of Raccoon City does not occur, the security in Sheena Island doesn't become lax giving the "human guinea pigs" a window to escape. Since Goldman spread the T-Virus to cover up the fact that he killed all the guinea pigs who tried to escape, if the security team never became lax, they would have never have escaped, and thus, Sheena Island would still be here today since the Cleaners did not have to activate the islands self-destruct mechanism...

The Destruction of Rockfort Island/Antarctic Facility :Since Wesker wasn't around to orchestrate the attack on these facilities, they should remain intact...

More to come as I think of them :B

Birkin makes note that he’d take over the research james marcus was conducting, so perhaps birkin was just in it for that too, although I do credit wesker for swaying the guys mind. He’s manipulative like that.
    Also I thought S.T.A.R.S. was made up by Michael warren the mayor of raccoon city. I’ll have to play RE 3 again but I remember hearing most about him in that game, although you could be right about wesker making that division. I don’t get how wesker went from being in the labs (when he was with marcus and birkin) to being in law enforcement.. talk about career routes

also meggy i like these topics, makes me think

Comment

Since these umbrella facilities would still be intact who knows what viruses worse than the t-virus would have been created

also as Wesker mentions in his second report that the mansion location was perfect for spreading the virus so an out break could happen without Marcus being leech man

Again the virus would be hard to contain and with umbrella still in existence and probably making more facilities and monsters the whole world could have a mass outbreak that leads to the Apocalypse

Comment

Yeah you have a point, umbrella is the bigger bad guy here. Wesker works for these guys; while a lot of things do lead up to wesker, without umbrella the world would be a better place I wish they’d shine more light on Oswell E. Spencer. I want to know what his motives were for making umbrella in the first place, was it intended to be a conglomerate bent on spreading diseases all over the world?

Comment

Knowing more info about Spencer is like knowing how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop: the world may never know.

Comment

heh, who thinks he's dead

Comment

There would be no game without Wesker... =P
              He's the central piece in almost EVERY plot of RE... almost everything that happened happened because he was involved, and probably Umbrella's activities would still be undercover... and like BLSR1 said, who knows what kind of atrocities would be developed if Umbrella continued its activities undisturbed o.o

Comment

since umbrella was destroyed Wesker has still and will always be the leading contributer to keeping the series alive. Though I want to know how Ada lived and her connection to wesker...Maybe UC will explain weskers involvement in the game a little more.
                Last edited by Stars_g36; 08-19-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

It's something I often think about.... how far back does Ada and Wesker's relationship go? And what about Corporation S? Is she with it since 1998? And how could Wesker be fooled for that long?

I hope REUC answers at least some of that.

Comment

yea the whole ada and john thing from the 1st game...I didnt play the first game untill after I had the third, so it took me a while to figure out where ada came from...ahaha

Comment

I think people put too much stock in the theory the developers and script writers for each game know what they're doing and actually plan for plot twists/loop holes and character Arc's :p instead of the possible reality that the developers are really as clueless as us XD and probably know less about the narrative of the product.

Comment

Well, I guess I should update this with some other stuff.

In Umbrella Chronicles, The whole Russian expedition would not have occured since the Mansion incident and the Raccooon City incident never occured. Umbrella would still be operating multi-nationally in full effect. The Red and White queens would still be operating.

Without Wesker, come 2005, Salazar's plan might have come to fruition and he'd have a Manchurian Candidate (candidates?) in the White House taking orders from Osmund... How might have effected the world? Perhaps for the worst... With the top level agents of our government under remote control, the nation would be fucked. Then if you infect the UN, the world is fucked.

Without the Raccoon City incident, Leon would be working at the RPD and thus not be in RE4 to take down Salazar. Sure someone else would have been sent in save the President's daughter, but without Ada's help I doubt he would have succeeded; especially after he was infected...

But rewinding back to RECV, without Wesker to attack the place, Claire and Chris wouldn't even be there, so Alexia would wake up and begin her plan to take over the world... Her initial plan was to make the world her antnest with her as the Queen. I'm sure we'd see infections of the T-Virus or T-Veronica virus occurring in the countries surrounding Antarctica with the outbreaks moving North af a fever pitched pace... Either she'd take over the world one country at a time.

Kind of going off topic here, but if Alexia went into the frozen stasis chamber for 15 years, yes, she'd still be 27 years old physically, but she would also still have the mind of her 12 year old self since while in her coma she could not do much living and thus could not mature the same way a normal human does... I guess she was a 30 year old trapped in a 12 year old's body?

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post

In Umbrella Chronicles, The whole Russian expedition would not have occured since the Mansion incident and the Raccooon City incident never occured. Umbrella would still be operating multi-nationally in full effect. The Red and White queens would still be operating.

Without Wesker, come 2005, Salazar's plan might have come to fruition and he'd have a Manchurian Candidate (candidates?) in the White House taking orders from Osmund... How might have effected the world? Perhaps for the worst... With the top level agents of our government under remote control, the nation would be fucked. Then if you infect the UN, the world is fucked.

Without the Raccoon City incident, Leon would be working at the RPD and thus not be in RE4 to take down Salazar. Sure someone else would have been sent in save the President's daughter, but without Ada's help I doubt he would have succeeded; especially after he was infected...

But rewinding back to RECV, without Wesker to attack the place, Claire and Chris wouldn't even be there, so Alexia would wake up and begin her plan to take over the world... Her initial plan was to make the world her antnest with her as the Queen. I'm sure we'd see infections of the T-Virus or T-Veronica virus occurring in the countries surrounding Antarctica with the outbreaks moving North af a fever pitched pace... Either she'd take over the world one country at a time.

Kind of going off topic here, but if Alexia went into the frozen stasis chamber for 15 years, yes, she'd still be 27 years old physically, but she would also still have the mind of her 12 year old self since while in her coma she could not do much living and thus could not mature the same way a normal human does... I guess she was a 30 year old trapped in a 12 year old's body?
                          Dude!! That's awesome! Thats the way Dark Biohazard should go. I'll write a fan fic on it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post

Really interesting stuff, PO. I think you've hit the nail right on the head.

So if Wesker didn't exist, then eventually, perhaps Salazar and Alexia would be at war for world domination, with us in the middle... and Umbrella on the [undercover] sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by -Evil Shady- View Post
                              There would be no game without Wesker... =P
                              Not a personal attack at all. But there were two AWESOME games without Wesker. They're called 'Resident Evil 2', and 'Resident evil 3: Nemesis'.
                              If you played these games before March 22, 2001 (The release of Wesker's report I), you'd have no way of knowing he was back on the scene. He was ret-conned back into the series, and I think that was the worst thing to happen to the series. Yes, worse than the changes introduced in Biohazard 4.

Wesker pretty much has a penchant for collecting viruses, with the motive of perpetuating the series (though not necessarily advance it).
                              The Umbrella outbreak story arc couldn't continue forever, so they had to shift the main antagonist away from Umbrella. Wesker takes that burden, and he'll probably keep it for a long long long long long long time.
                              Wesker probably won't die. They'll keep the him as the main antagonist (against everyone else) for a long long long time, until it gets stale.

I really agree with what The Dude said. There's obviously no long term direction of where the series is going. And in past games the direction has been changed. I don't hold too much stock in the story of the series anymore, which is a shame. I used to really enjoy it. I don't think alot of hold questions will be answered. Simply because they don't fit in with the series anymore.
                              I wouldn't be suprised if we never learn more about HCF, or even if we never hear about Corporation S again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X