No announcement yet.

Your most disliked Resident Evil game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your most disliked Resident Evil game?

Anyone here really dislike any games in the series? I know I do, I seriously hate Zero.

Zero is, in my opinion, the worst Resident Evil game released. The fact that it is taken as canon disgusts me as both storyline and gameplay are so terrible, I don't think it should have survived after the N64 died.

First of all, the game, on normal difficulties, has too little health and ammo. Although this would usually make for a tense experience, here, it just detracts from the game. I becomes pretty annoying when you find yourself low on health and ammo, having to dash by the leechmen, hunters and piles of zombies that the game feels it need throw at you because there are two people.

The enemies are also pretty fucking annoying, such as the leechmen. Powerful, respawning ammo buckets which then explode once you kill them. Or the respawning zombies that the game feels it needs to send everytime you leave a room for long enough.

The zapping system is also another annoyance. I dislike how, for the most part, the game stops the zapping altogether, such as when your character is locked in the dining car room and you need to play a large section as the other, or when Rebecca needs to go up the lift and Billy needs to stay behind, or when Rebecca is attacked by the monkey or when Billy falls over the tram side. They all seem very forced upon us. The zapping system feels like it could have been much more effective.

However, it is the storyline that is the most annoying part of Zero. So Alpha team actually went after Bravo team a full day after radio silence? Even though the first Resident Evil said that it was just a few hours. And no one ever saw the smoke from the Training Facility explosion. And it was never documented by any Umbrella files of by either Wesker or Birkin. and Rebecca never mentioned anything about the train, the facility, the labs and cable cars and everything. That's just silly. I don't care if she's not wanting to talk about Billy, she could have mentioned how the outbreak happened to, at least, the other STARS members. Infact, how do the Training Facility(deep in the Arklay Mountains) was right on top of the Raccoon labs. Even though they were on the outskirts of the city. BULLSHIT!

And to think this game was reviewed and received better than Outbreak, it's just....ugh.

in my opinon it would be outbreak i mean it has good graphics but i dont like the game play the senarios and i dont really like the characters besides kevin and david the rest can die well so can david and kevin but it wouldnt piss me off any but any ways i dont really like the fact that when u pause it the game still goes on and the virus bar is pretty stupid i think its really just a beat the clock game and beat the clock games r only good for a mini game type like the 4th survivor but i do like the fact i it online and u can be a zombie

Comment

Yeah, zero is not great but pretty cool IMO. Outbrake 1 and 2 suck. I hope we dont include the gun survivor games cuz they suck too much...

Comment

I'd like to think that they would wait a day it makes sense instead of running in right away when all it could be is a faulty radio not to mention that with Wesker being the leader of Alpha team the others would need a say so from him before they could move in anyway. In the case of Rebecca she's been on her feet for two days solid so she would be totally fatigued not to mention the thucked up stuff she'd had to endure for the first time in her life. As for the games difficulty I never found it a problem ammo or health at least not to the point where it was tedious or annoying. And of course the sequences of zapping are forced on you it was to develop the teamwork mechanic between the two and make their unity more believable after all Billy never denied killing the villagers and his team so Rebecca still had little ground to trust him other than him helping her which eventually lead to her helping him at the tram. The leechman need like one molotov and they're toast so it's all about the right weapon for the job.

Wait where does it say Alpha went in after just a few hours?

Outbreak was a nice branch off I enjoyed the idea of surviving Raccoon City as a random group of everyday people. I enjoyed the game mechanics and character specific abilities the emphasis on melee weapons was a nice change too and the ability to finally move and shoot was something I'd expected to see implemented in the RE series since I first played Dino Crisis. I'm gutted they closed the servers over here and I wait and hope for a third one but such is.

Dead Aim and GS1 I really enjoyed yes it could be a bugger calibrating that stupid G-Con and if you so much as moved to get a drink/toilet break you had to recalibrate all over again but they were a nice change and while shorter than the main games still good pick up and play every now and again.

The game I don't like and have really come to great distaste with is RE4. This just wasn't a Resident Evil game at all all it boiled down to was Wesker not getting a hold of a parasite he wanted and that was it. Take Leon/Ada/Wesker out of it and it's contribution/significance to the series was on par with that of GS2 or Gaiden. It had no survival horror feel to it whatsoever it felt like an action heavy Metal Gear Solid with extra gore, some monsters from LOTR and a QTE system that just makes it an absolute bore to play. What makes matters worse is that thus far RE5 seems to be treading the same path, at least RE0 can stand proud as the last true RE game of the series . . .
        Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 08-14-2007, 06:32 AM. Reason: I'm now an Ivy yay!
        sigpic

Comment

dead aim... bruce is stupid. there were so many problems with that game lol like typos and bad voice acting and it was short as hell too. not to mention transvestite thing .. but i do like morpheus i don't get how fast paced fong ling and bruce's romance went.. i mean she was a total bitch to him then at the very end she macks out with him so unnatural

i didn't like re 0 that much, it was the slowest game for me.. like i just gave up playing and went on to do other things then had to come back for it. i also didn't like remake as much as director's cut.. but remake's still good

Comment

all the survivor games, all the outbreak games, the dead aim games and the ps1 games bleh

Comment

wow so you just like the recent ones

Comment

well everything on the gc and wii basically lol XD

Comment

and code veronica that's on ps2

Comment

that is an exception.....basically i like all the resi games on gc,wii and the ones that are only on ps2 except the survivor,dead aim and out break ones lol XD

Comment

Outbreak, the first one, for sure.....
                      Never played it online though, I imagine that would enhance the experience a little bit. But in single player mode your partners are dumb, the controls suck and the story is weak. File #2 was a progress, but it still lacked a lot of qualities. What's sad is that it could be a great game, with all the survivors in the death city and everything.... too bad it didn't worked out as well as the idea of making it.
                      I used to say Survivor was the worst game, until I met the first Outbreak... eewww ¬¬
                      Last edited by -Evil Shady-; 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

outbreak had good music in my opinion, it wasn't that bad it was ok compared to Dead aim

Comment

well outbreak file 2 was set in a zoo......wtf were they thinking just in a zoo i could except mutated zoo animals escaping and rampaging in a city but a zoo..... :O

Comment

Outbreak 2, and Gaiden.

Comment

lol well i didn't play Outbreak 2 but.. that does sound stupid : /

Comment

Working...
                              X