Silent Hill Origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill Origins

So, having played the recently "released" Origins demo, I thought i'd make this topic for all news and talk regarding the game.

First, i'll throw some impressions up here. First of all, the game is beautiful, without a doubt in my mind the best game I have seen on PSP graphically. The enviroments are clean and detailed, and the character models look great. And animations are outstanding, very smooth, giving me the impression that the game may be running at 60fps. The light is also pretty outstanding, when you walk around a dark room with your flashlight on, the shadows and way the light moves around is simply amazing for a portable game.

The music in the demo is also top notch stuff. It's kind of hard to say which tracks are Yamaoka and which are the new sound designers, which is highly a complement, as all tracks I heard were fantastic with really high quality.

Gameplay wise, I like the addition of breakable weapons and one use weapons, they add a real tension to some fights, and are a fresh way to enter some fights, with a portable TV in hand.

http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/083107.mp3
    Last edited by randomwab; 09-01-2007, 06:09 AM.

Where'd you get the chance to play the demo?

Comment

A UMD demo rip appeared online yesterday. The demo consists of the hospital section of the game. It's a pretty big file due to the unused data in the image, such as, more or less, the games FMVs, soundtrack and voice samples. Carnivol found some interesting things from looking about within the image and ripped a few tracks, but sadly I can't upload them as they're on my home machine.

Comment

I'm buying a PSP for 0rigins

Comment

Roughly how long is the demo and does it give away and gameplay / storyline details?

I'm trying to "acquire" it now =D

Comment

First play through was probably about 20-30 minutes.

It doesn't really give away anything that wasn't already known.

It's from the beginning of the Hospital until what seems to be the end of the hospital (although we could be wrong).

Comment

Anyone got a fast speedy link they wanna PM me? =/

Having so much trouble getting this one through the torrents. =/

Comment

Treat me like a n00b on this one if you'd like, but if someone can tell me via PM where to possibly find it and what I need to do to play it on my PSP I'd be exceptionally greatful.

Comment

Rombie you need to have a custom firmware installed. Dark Alex's or M33's will do.

What version is your PSP currently, and is it official firmware?

Comment

I need to double check when I get home, but I think it's 3.03 possibly. And yeah, it's Sony firmware upgrade. I don't use my PSP too much, but it updated when I went to play MGS Portable Ops.

Comment

Wish I didnt sell that PSP now...Mark's probably in heaven XD

Comment

Yeah, just double checked - 3.03.

Comment

I do not think the process is risky, but as always, if something goes wrong, I am not responsible =P

3.03 is perfect. Use this: -

And then install one of the custom firmwares on that site.

Comment

So it looks like the demo contains the entire game, except it's just unplayable. However, i'm sure it could be hacked out. Probably what Mark is doing at the minute

Comment

i will be deffo getting this when it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X