Snatcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snatcher

Has anyone played this game? I completed it few days ago and have to say its a must play game the storyline is awesome.

Yeah, Snatcher is a great game. Pity it sold next to nothing, though here's hoping for a DS rerelease.

Comment

Never played it..Has it been released on a "modern" platform?

Comment

After the SegaCD/MegaCD edition they had a Japanese release on the Saturn and PlayStation - that was it.

It was recently confirmed by Ryan Payton that there is a planned radio drama in Japan based on Snatcher that seemed to be hopeful in getting a new version off the ground after Kojima Productions complete's MGS4.

There was also a controversial podcast posted over at MGS The Unofficial Site a month or two back talking to Jeremy Blaustein about his translation work on MGS, Silent Hill 1 & 2, and the US Sega edition of Snatcher. Aside from his arrogant and over opinionated stance on just about everything, the discussion of translation of Snatcher (and the Silent Hill's) was probably one of the most interesting features of the whole interview, and also took up the most time.

A bunch of "hard core" fans, aside from complaining about Blaustein ripping Kojima down and tearing apart Scott Dolph, complained he spent too much time not talking about Metal Gear Solid. It didn't help the guys interviewing him were muppets who had trouble actually conducting an inteview though I guess.

Comment

Yep, I remember listening to that podcast heh. Is there a "definitive" version I could hunt down?

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
            Yep, I remember listening to that podcast heh. Is there a "definitive" version I could hunt down?
            The Sega CD version is the definitive version really. It has a fantastic translation and contains all acts. There were some things cut or edited for Western audiences, but nothing that would really dissapoint.

I hope they are working on something beyond the Radio Drama for Project S, though Suda half confirmed that Project S isn't the Radio Drama, it's a series of things within the Snatcher universe. Snatcher Wii plz.

Comment

a wii version of snatcher hell if they do that i will die happily xD

Comment

Working...
              X