Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition - Resident Evil 5 for Wii

[SIZE="5"]Petition - Resident Evil 5 for Wii[/SIZE]

Every Wii owner has wondered why Capcom doesn't want to bring Resident Evil 5 to the Wii. Obviously there are technical issues when trying to develop a game for multiple platform (even more when the platforms aren't exactly the same) but it's possible. That's why we are doing a Petition to Capcom ... Hopeless? Well, here are 5 reasons why it's possible:

- Capcom was hoping for somewhere around 420,000 units of RE4: Wii Edition to be sold worldwide. As it stands right now, the game has sold upwards of 750,000 units. It's no surprise that Wii owners are hungry for more Resident Evil (Click here for more)

- A few weeks ago, some people started a similar Petition for a Resident Evil for the PSP. Capcom received it and said that they will do something about it in near future

- At the beggining RE4 was supposed to work only in the GameCube and a port to another console would be absolutely impossible, even less for the PS2 who was inferior technically... well, we all know what happened there

- Metroid Prime 3 has shown that the Wii isn't only a GameCube on steroids. HD graphics are impossible, but a downgrade of RE5 wouldn't (the PS2 received RE4 with extras and it worked perfectly fine)

- Even if they said that RE5 on Wii is impossible, Capcom at least will get the idea that the Wii has some hardcore base and probably would do somethign about it (mayby RE6 or a remake of RE2 with RE4's engine)

[SIZE="4"]Sign here!![/SIZE]

----------------

Copy this in other forums. Support is the most important thing

I'd prefer the Wii get an original RE game rather than a downgraded port.

I have no problem playing RE5 on my 360 or PS3 with the better hardware producing the pretty visuals and environments.

The GC to PS2 port of RE4 worked well because the differences in hardware then weren't as substantial as the differences between the Wii and the PS3 or 360.
    Last edited by GalacticAE; 09-04-2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

But we could get original games and a resident evil 2 remake if capcom knew Wii owners want resident evil so i was 17600th person to sighn it

Comment

Signed, but some of you are really kidding themselves by comparing technical gap between the PS2 and GC to the one between the Wii and the HD consoles.

There is a generational gap here, and the Wii is a mere souped up Xbox performance wise. The GC was a far more effecient PS2 with a slightly more capable GPU.

Let it go, and hope for a proper original RE instead of a downgraded port.

Comment

RE5 is possible with a downgrade (less enemies on screen at the same time, less lighting effects and less details in some parts) The game wouldn't be exactly the same as the PS3/360 versions, but that doesn't have to mean that it has to be ugly. RE4 was awesome and that's probably the worst visuals we could get on a RE5 in Wii ... but the worst does not need to happen. Metroid Prime 3 has proven that the Wii is capable of more

The idea behind all this is starting to have games that really takes advantage of what the Wii can do. Maybe RE5 wouldn't be an exclussive, but it could prove that the Wii can do better: It would show that a game with the caliber of RE5 could get on the Wii with not so many changes. That would attract more developers and bring more games. Eventualy that means more RE originals and other exclusives

I'm getting the 360 version, but if RE5 makes it to the Wii I will buy it
          Last edited by Chopper Mike; 09-04-2007, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Great. Join the legion of people who can't get over the fact that the Wii is a souped up GC that offers marginally better performance than the original Xbox (and has more RAM). Nintendo knows that and hasn't hidden that fact, yet "fans" still insist.

An original RE will happen without a RE5 port, thanks to RE4 sales and hopefully UC's. Since you care about more games and exclusives (perhaps you're a stockholder), you needn't worry: The Wii is obliterating the other HD consoles worldwide, so that will happen sooner than later.

Comment

Both me and my cousin signed it

Comment

Correction, the Wii Edition SHIPPED 750,000 not SOLD. And how about you leave Resident Evil 2 or any other old classic RE, left WITHOUT RE4's engine. If you want RE2 done, do it the way REmake or Zero looks with classic camera angles.

I'm not gonna sign it because i could give a shit less, with UC coming out, that's good enough for me.
                Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 09-04-2007, 09:51 PM.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

750,000 shipped is money in Capcom's account; their sales target. They don't ship them to retailers and only get payment if they sell you know :p

Comment

As much as i would enjoy RE5 on the Wii, I would still want a RE2 remake more then anything

Comment

^^ If Capcom listens to this petition, it would mean they accept that the Wii has a large RE fanbase. Eventually that means more RE games

Comment

I'll say what i said on another forum

RE4 was only ported to the Wii because it was a simple conversion job for them and meant loads of monies. RE5 would be a lot harder to port, so don't hold your breath on seeing it on the Wii. If RE:UC does well though, hopefully we'll see other RE-Wii games.

Comment

This is just in:

Oblivion, Fallout Engine (Gamebryo) Now Available For Wii

It's been used in Oblivion, and is also being employed for Fallout 3 and Warhammer Online. It will be an "adapted" version of the engine, though, which engine creators Emergent Game Technologies have just announced. Don't expect miracles, but you should expect graphics nicer than what we've seen on the console (even more than Mario Galaxy and Metroid ) thus far.

Explore the latest news and expert commentary on Game Platforms, brought to you by the editors of Game Developer

Now (more than ever) a downgraded version of Resident Evil 5 can make it to the Wii

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                            750,000 shipped is money in Capcom's account; their sales target. They don't ship them to retailers and only get payment if they sell you know :p
                            False. I was under that assumption as well, but its simply not the case. The companies dont always pay in full, so while of course they make some money off of it, the rest is still waiting until the games bought. That contributes to why companies can afford price cuts and such, if they had already payed in full and they dropped it so much, they would end up not even able to pay the bills.

Comment

Sort of. You're talking of simple supply practices that every vendor uses. Publishers don't print and ship those numbers of the demand isn't there, regardless of the cost so my point stands. Companies wouldn't brag otherwise.

You're a bit off there since vendors typically do end up getting screwed if a game bombs, and are often forced to lower prices to get rid of inventory. That's why used games sales are extremely important to the final channel.

However, there are cases where a publisher prints too many copies and vendors don't re-order. Then we have great bargains on often crappy or niche titles.

Comment

Working...
                              X