Read, Bitchez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read, Bitchez

aight, this board is dead at the moment, so I'm going to attempt to breathe at least a swift kick of life into this mofo. So, with that in mind, I'm creating a catchy topic that might actually incite some posting. So here goes:

"Top ten" lists seem to get a fair amount of attention. Seeing this is a Resident Evil site, we're pretty much all gamers. So post your top ten favorite video games of ALL TIME for ANY SYSTEM. But still keeping in mind that this is an RE forum... you're only allowed to list ONE RE game in your top 10 list, because we want to see what other games you play so we can all make fun of.... uh... I mean... share conversation with you.

Shit, I'll even go first

BioHazardBlade's Top 10 games of all time...

10. X-Com UFO Defense: It's an old strategy game that probably none of you have ever played or probably even heard of. Came out for PC in like 1994.

9. Xenosaga Episode 1: RPG with amazing graphics and a catchy storyline, with a really creative combat system. Came out for PS2 a couple years ago.

8. Breath Of Fire 2: An old-school RPG for the SNES that was way before its time. Was fun as hell to play back in the early 1990's.

7. Star Ocean: (2000, Playstation) Wow, I got really addicted to that game, it had a lot of cool features for an RPG, such as if you didn't do certain things in the game you'd end up with a completely different party. It was like one of those "choose your own adventure" things on steroids.

6. Final Fantasy III: (mid 1990's, SNES) Another old-school RPG that is one of the finer games I've played. The storyline will suck you in until there's nothing left of you and before you know it you're 2 hours late to work.

5. Final Fantasy 7: (late 1990's, Playstation) Probably the best all-around RPG made, even compared to the standard of today's games, FF7's graphics still look nice.

4. Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night: (1999, Playstation) Who knew you could fit so much depth into an old side-scrolling Castlevania game. Unlike previous castlevania games, you had a badass vampire with a sword and a bunch of cool shit like magic attacks instead of a little vampire hunter dude with a whip.

3. Final Fantasy Tactics: (1998, Playstation) The most addictive strategy game ever. I spent well over 400 hours playing that shit. But my hasting Ninjas with knight swords in both hands could defeat the final boss before the guy could take his first damn turn.

2. Counterstrike: (2000, PC) Ha! And you thought Everquest was addictive. Shit. You know you've played too much CS when you throw radio messages into general public conversation.

*drum roll*

And my favorite would have to be.....

1. Resident Evil: (1998, Playstation) You can't go wrong with the classic, bad voice acting and all. I even beat the damn thing using nothing but the combat knife and handgun. Now that's hardcore right there.

So let's hear it from you guys.

Oh I hate these...So many good games to choose from! Argh! Well..

10. Final Fantasy 3 aka 6
    What can I say? This game blew me away. Its imo one of the pinnacles of the series.

9. Final Fantasy 10
    Giving the characters voices really helped you get into the game more, the story while a bit quirky was great as well as the graphics.

8. Resident Evil 3
    I like Jill..A lot So seeing her back in action was great. I loved the fact that there was always Nemesis lurking somewhere, never stopping. Great game and thats why I chose it to represent RE.

7. Half-Life
    No game has been more influential in my life than RE other than this one. Great game, and I dont really think I need to list the reasons why . It introduced me to FPS's and I havent looked back since.

6. Final Fantasy 9
    While not a lot of people like this game, I love it! I really cant peg it but its just a great RPG.

5. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
    I got this recently, after hearing the DEV went belly up. I gotta say while the game is buggy no game to date has made me feel more in character. The character interaction is simply astonishing. Playing this game made me become dangerously close to losing my sanity, which is the reason why I stay far away from MMORPG's..This is the closest Ill go. The game just takes over your life!

4. Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
    What list couldnt include this? I played it ages ago, and a year or so ago got bit by the Castlevania bug. I had to find a copy of it again so I played through it and got way too envolved in the glitching (making it so you have even more %'age.) I still have the save...if anyone is interested

3. Metal Gear Solid 3
    One of my favorites but I love all of the series equally this one stands out as my favorite for em. I mean jeeze did you see Volgin beating on Snake!? CMON! AWESOME! I love how Kojima ties fantasy into reality

2. Half-Life 2
    The sequel is even better Enviroment interaction is top notch, no game to date has done physics better yet and the graphics IMO have yet to be beat!

And finally!!!!

1. Final Fantasy 7
    There has never been an RPG up to this point which impacted my life so much. Absolutely my favorite game! Aeris' death sealed it and made me hate Sephiroth so much! Not to mention one of the longest and biggest games at the time..It really was/is epic!

Breath of Fire 3 gets an honorable mention though, One of my favorites but I didnt think of it while making the list and I cant bring myself now to take one off for it!

Shining Force 1 and 2 also..I was super addicted to these on the Genesis! Think FF Tactics, except it invented it ;)

Comment

10) Midtown Madness 2: (ahh 2000ish). random fun driving around sanfran and london in tweaked out 87 chevy pickups and Buick GN's
      9) Midtown madness 1: (1998) the original random fun of driving in chicago in snow in user made chevy monte carlos' and other cars.
      8) KC munchkin: (1978 Magnavox odysseyII). spent many hours playing this pac man ripoff back in the 80's when people thought the nes was all that and i had the 10 year old but $480 odyssey II and nes!!! and sega master, and atari 2600+5200+colecovision boy was it nice being a rich spoiled brat.
      7) Castlevania2 (1988) you know with the ahead of its time day's passing and nights with the demons...
      6)Street Rod 1 DOS (1989). this was my first pc game that i got into way back in 1990 still remember the old buy the 1950 chevy strip it and selll it for $9999999999999999 cheat
      5)Gran Turismo 4: (2004). Two words + 3 letters... BUICK GNX!
      4) Resident Evil: (1996) I remeber playing this game in early 97 when i was sick my mother rented it at block buster, and i hated it... 2 months later dot showed me the true fun of it... like it ever since... also where i gained my love of the Beretta M92fs.
      3) Counter Strike (June 1999) ::shudders:: this is the fucking love hate game of my life... does nothing but piss me off but i like playing it even with my 20fps, flashing textures, 100 choke and 100loss. and where my love of the m9 shows because every pistol model is a various m9 skin...
      2) TIE: Zelda 1 and Zelda: a link to the past. (1987+1992). Zelda 1 just the opening theme elicits happy times...i have very few memories of my old house (moved in 1988) but i remeber my brother wouldnt let me play zelda when he died and i punched the single mono speaker on my parents old console tv ruining the sound forever( still have the tv in basement, and actually had the old 80's systems hooked to it up till a few years ago) and then with link to the past oh god... did that fuck me up... i remeber getting it christmas 92 and it being the last present i opened forgetting the rest and playing it... for all of christmas vacation. and ended up skipping half the day of the first day back and finishing it at about 12:30 that night what fun (stares at box full of snes games on floor)...

1) Final Fantasy VII) I remeber the first time hearing about the game in a Ultra Game players from some time in '96 (white cover, green letters(actually i think it was still Game Players only) with cait sith on the front cover. well anyway just the one picture from the golden saucer of the chocobo racing sealed it that i was buying it... i remember taking the ugp disk to school to play the mac only .avi opening from the game... i must of played it 1k times. then the game itself.. (Peter Griffen voice) OHHHH THE MUSIC OHHHHH.... game fucked me up.... i still have the soundtrack in my playlist... back in june me and dot moved into our familys little lake cabin for a few weeks and i played through the game until the middle of the second disk. the fucking shitty ass memory card i had (some STUPID madcatz one with a battery in it) well the battery wasnt in it and it lost everything... so i think im gonna get ff7 international and play through that since its supposidly ever so slightly different, somehow. and this game screwed me up in different ways im not willing to talk about... yet

Comment

excellent choices, friends. who's next?

Comment

I would, but it's just way too nostalgia inspiring for me to have to go through my 10 favorite games. I'd never be able to finish the list.

Comment

which is exactly why you should do it, it's fun, nostalgic, and took me forfuckingever to do it. Do it! Do it! *chants*

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazardBlade
              took me forfuckingever to do it.
              Yeah, that's exactly why I can't do this right now. I've already got more on my table than I usually kill myself with. Got a game I need to finish before Christmas, things to write, reviews to finish, websites to maintain, and sometimes, every once in a while, I get to sleep.

Comment

Ok

10.Sheunme
                9.Silent hill
                8. Medievil
                7. Chrono Trigger
                6. Age of Empires 2
                5. Castlevaina SOTN
                4. Silent Hill 3 (cool to see it tie into the orginal)
                3. Resident Evil 2 (IF any game changed the face of gaming this was one of them.)
                2. Metal Gear Solid 3 (This game has a great story)
                1. Final Fantasy 7 (we all know who is the king of kings)
                Last edited by Death May Die; 09-11-2005, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Death May Die
                  Chrono Trigger

Holy shit I forgot one... I thought I was the only one in the world that obsessed over that game.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazardBlade
                    Holy shit I forgot one... I thought I was the only one in the world that obsessed over that game.
                    You're joking right? Its one of the most popular SNES games...evar.

Comment

oh yea...forgot about that game too... lol that was fun

Comment

@ Bladie: Resident Evil is in 1998? isn't in 1996?

Comment

Resident Evil came out in the us in 1996

Comment

Shit I forgot about Earthbound too....

Comment

Oh man The orginal RE came out in 1996.

RE2 came out in 1998

re3 in 1999

Cv in 2000

and cvx in 2001

then we have the REmake which was 2001 I think
                              then re0 which was also 2001 I think but before REzero

and re4 in 2005, with orginal release back 2002 or some thing like proably before that.

now...RE surivivor came out in 1999
                              Dead aim in 2002
                              ....now I'm proably totally dead wrong on all of this.

**Spoiler***
                              but. I just go a copy of the orginal RE on Saturan...thank god for ebay...I first type in the code to get the stage game. Well I make it to the 9th stage and keep dying. lol

But then I sat down for a full hour and 45 mintutes and beat the whole game it self. What new in it.

Well lol other then one mode to play in, there is an additional tyrant that surpisingly comes out and attacks right after you defeat the first.

I beat RE on the PS more time then I care to count. I beat it in every mode. With both characters, I even go all 6 ending, although I could have swore it was eight.

But the saturan verson seemed abit slower in load...which is expected, the graphics were a tiny bit more pixeled.

and the water is very very different. on the ps...its water....on the saturan it looks like gray shit ponds. lol. I recommend it to all hardcore RE fans. That surpise is worth it. You can find it for about 15 to 20 bucks...if you find it. But it's good for one of those late nights, when you bored as shit. and try to beat the orginal RE under a hour...which I have not done. All I do any more with all these RE games is look at them. I go through and look at the game as art. how the back grounds look, how every room feels and sounds. It's amazing what CAPCOM can render if the engines that they use. Like the GLOBE in the secound room on the right on the first floor. there a glare and every thing. lol god I need a life. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X