Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 3.5

I found yhis video on youtube
    An interview with Hiroyuki Kobayasi has recently featured within the hallowed pages of the EDGE magazine, revealing one or two gems of information about the ...

I knew about it before but after watching this I wish Capcom would release this and RE1.5 in some form

what do you think the story would have been

*Note* I think some of the music in that game was reused for the REmake or from the REmake

IMO this is far superior to the RE4 we got. This is what it should have been. Anyway, the story was something like Leon was in Paris (?) and infected with the Progenitor Virus.

Comment

I still like RE4 despite what you say it IS a true resident evil game

But I really want to see them finish 1.5 and 3.5 and release them together in a special package

Comment

We had a translated version with subtitles a while back. Ill have to see if I can get that back up again.

Comment

I remember when I first saw this, shame they canned it although it all deserves to be reworked with a new protagonist and away you go. Potential "Alone in the Dark" material, Haunting Grounds 2 maybe . . .
          Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 09-08-2007, 06:30 PM. Reason: Hmm?
          sigpic

Comment

I've been waiting for a release or leak of the RE 1.5 code for a long time.

It's probably long gone now and all that exists from it are the videos.

Comment

First time I have seen that, It was... to say the least, very weird. Dolls, Zombies popping out of pictures, reminded me of Silent Hill, Although, Not saying thats a bad thing, I think that game to be finished and released would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by GalacticAE View Post
                I've been waiting for a release or leak of the RE 1.5 code for a long time.

It's probably long gone now and all that exists from it are the videos.
                I'm sure they have it on a disc somewhere buried under all of the megaman crap and unsold copies of Survivor

Comment

yea it did remind me of silent hill, i remember watching re 1.5 trailers way back lol those were interesting

"that's just freakin great, now what am i supposed to do?"

Comment

i prefer this to resi4, i think i looks way better....shame its only a test

Comment

It was so clearly going to take the series in a new direction the Re4 we ended up getting did too but it wasn't scary. I honestly jumped more watching this video than I did playing the whole of RE4 . . .
                      sigpic

Comment

Whilst im as big a fan of the RE4 we got as any, it is a shame some of the concepts seen in what we know of 3.5 were dropped. The idea of the player character being infected with the virus and hallucinating threats seems particulary cool to me, hopefully the concept will be used again in a future game.

Comment

OMG this video looked gr8, lov the music not sure if it's the same as the regenerators music from re4. But the ghost etc seemed like a wicked idea to have. does remind me of silent hill 4.
                          nemesis_lover

Comment

I must admit...this game looked far more scary than the RE4 we ended up with. RE4 is a great game, but it doesn't scare me. At all. Ever. The creepiest bit, for me, was the that ending sequence showing the villagers becomming granados, because I could imagine that happening.

Honestly, even if they scrapped that whole 'infected/hallucination/ghost' storyline I think simply the style of the game would have been better. It looks like RE4's much improved control scheme but with confined spaces and big scares of the other games. RE has never been a terribly scary series...not since Silent Hill, anyway. But that did look far scarier than the RE4 we got.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              I must admit...this game looked far more scary than the RE4 we ended up with. RE4 is a great game, but it doesn't scare me. At all. Ever. The creepiest bit, for me, was the that ending sequence showing the villagers becomming granados, because I could imagine that happening.

Honestly, even if they scrapped that whole 'infected/hallucination/ghost' storyline I think simply the style of the game would have been better. It looks like RE4's much improved control scheme but with confined spaces and big scares of the other games. RE has never been a terribly scary series...not since Silent Hill, anyway. But that did look far scarier than the RE4 we got.
                              RE4 is Scary. It's the fear of being surrounded, having enemies running at you, and the fear of not being able to see whats coming from behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X