X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident evil

Hey I'm new.
    I'm 17 and quite a long time gamer.
    Never having a playstation I have never played a resident evil in my life.
    Now I am quite a big wuss. Anything scares me. So I always try avoid anything scarey. And too me thats alot of games. And don't even talk to me about movies. I stay far away from anything with the tinyest bit of gore.

I am a big fan of the story side of games. The monster fluff, the backstory, the history, the mysteries... all of it. I find alot of games don't have much of a plot. About a month ago I was bored and in need of a game to play. So I searched the interwebz. I heard this really old game called 7 days a stranger was really interesting. So I downloaded it. I was kinda a bit freaked out as it was called a horror game. Anyway I started it and the creepyniss wasn't too bad because of the point and click style and the old graphics.

It kinda had a couple of points that would make me jump if it wasn't for the sound on low and the graphics. Like this skeleton coming out of the bath. But I really liked it. So I finished it, then I played and finished the 2nd and 3rd games. I dont know if any of you would of heard of it but its got quite a cool story.

Anyyyway, I was bored again yesterday and I was looking around at games I have never really looked into. And I found resident evil on wikipedia. I read a bit and it sounded interesting (altho very frighting). Then I looked at a few youtube vids of resident evil 1. It looked quite fun, and the bad graphics kinda help wear the scare factor off a bit. Then I Looked to see what order the story went in. I found that The true story of biohazard was the first part. So I searched and came here.

I read a bit and its very good stuff. Those trevors letters are the kind of stuff I love.

I wannna get into resident evil I do. The only series ever I have followed is halo. Sounds bad I know. And I need some more I can follow. I have a few worrys tho.

For a start this is a old series. And when you want to start playing an old series you have an overwhelming amount of games, books, comics etc to try put in order and try find. Its really confusing. Has anyone else here tried playing them for the first time recently?

Also, If they didn't even release The true story of biohazard in english, how many things did we miss out on? With any jap based series we miss out on so much. We get the basic stuff, and miss out on all the deep stuff. We get peacies and they get the hole thing. Does this happen with resident evil?

Are they rare? I live in New zealand and I really havnt seem many of the older resident evil games. And I bet it would be really hard to get the comics or books or whatnot.

And my main concern. How scarey it is? I was hopeing the only thing scarey is the fact the main enemy is zombies and werid mutant things. Not things jumping out or ghosts or horrid gore or people screaming or loud noises or werid dreams or anything remotely pants wetting. If its any help to my scareniss level I can play threw ravenhelm in hl2 quite easily. I hate the moaning noises though. I think my main problem is a sudden loud noise or something jumping out. Its those suprise scares that is horrid. And to a lesser degree, horrid screaming and things. Would I be able to play resident evil?

And is there lots of cool things like trevors letters in the games? like cool mystery papers to read?

Thankyou all Oh and sorry for my horrid spelling and grammer

Ps- Whats wrong with the name Biohazard? Why change it?

biohazard sounds cool but resident evil just sounds great. i dunno why it is but it just sounds better

Comment

I guess but biohazard sounds... Mystical.. and dangerous. Resident evil sounds bruce willisy and americain action filmy.

Comment

the name Resident Evil, just flows so well, your in a Residence and there is Evil everywhere, blood, gore, violence, killing, death, guts, mutilation, slashing, gashing, and more, to bad you cannot arm your self with a chain saw, Id have lots of fun ....if you say your really that scared of graphic images, then more power to you when you play, because after you lose the fear, it really only makes the game much more boring to beat over and over again, I use to cower in my covers when I watched my dad play RE2 before I got into the game, and I started to play it, and scared to death when I did, shaking with the lights off, I eventually got through it so many times it was second nature...though being 17 and that much more scared seems like you have lived a very sheltered life, which I am not dissing on since not every one is exposed to the world and all of that, but I want to say, hey, it will make you enjoy the game that much more when you actually have a sense of fear going into it.

Comment

What do you mean? Sheltered life as in not watching or playing scarey stuff or sheltered as in not seen people die in real life?

Comment

Sometimes for newcomers the Resident Evil games are scary because they are nerve racking. Heres a senario from Resident Evil 2.
            You are low on health, have no herbs or first aid sprays, have only 10 handgun bullets. You enter a hallway with 4 or 5 zombies and have to try and dodge them as you make your way to the other side.

Sometimes there is a cheap scare everyonce and awhile. But the games get really scary (especially the later games) when you turn the lights off and are all alone playing them. The atmosphere in the later games can be terrifying when you get absorbed in them.

(at least thats how I look at them)

The scariest game for me Is the REmake followed by RE4, but 7 years ago the scariest one was RE2.

RE has helped me beat my fears. Now when I get scared, It's fun.

Comment

So your saying the only way to make resident evil not scarey is to get scared by them until your numb of the scaredniss?

That would be hard
              Can you give me an example of a cheap scare without spoiling too much??

Comment

resi4 flaming oven man

Comment

Originally posted by PS92 View Post
                  resi4 flaming oven man
                  That part was hilarious
                  Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Resident Evil 2, Crows popping out the glass as you run by scared the hell out of me...yea you become numb to the scaryness after a while like I had said in my post above, and no I dont mean seeing people die in real life, a lot of people havent seen that...Im just saying having the mind set of whats fake and whats real is what im saying, if you know its fake, it shouldnt be scary even though its intense and does scare ya, you can walk away knowing its fake. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                      That part was hilarious

man that was so random when he came out after you...I was like WTF! ahahaha The rotten meat bags and the object in the bag that you shot was moving was creepy in the Regenerators Prison Cell.
                      Last edited by Stars_g36; 09-19-2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Is it a cutscene when the oven man attacks you?
                        Because in cutscenes they can make it really scarey by shoving it in your face, but if its gameplay your viewing from further away or you can just not look at all.

I really don't know how much scare I can take is the thing. Today I found this old demo of silent hill 1. It starts in some kiddies school. I played for quite a while, and I got to the demons world and couldn't fiqure out what the ball does.

Can someone tell me the scare level of that part I just played?
                        I mean how scared was I ment to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Carnosaur View Post
                          Is it a cutscene when the oven man attacks you?
                          Because in cutscenes they can make it really scarey by shoving it in your face, but if its gameplay your viewing from further away or you can just not look at all.

I really don't know how much scare I can take is the thing. Today I found this old demo of silent hill 1. It starts in some kiddies school. I played for quite a while, and I got to the demons world and couldn't fiqure out what the ball does.

Can someone tell me the scare level of that part I just played?
                          I mean how scared was I ment to be?

you go to the roof and put the ball in a hole.

Random, huh?
                          But thats how I think it's done.

Comment

SH has the wierdest freaking puzzles that sometimes dont make any sense...ahaha no pretty much you run up to the oven cause its in the way and he basically burst open and runs right at you...pretty much in your face oven madness...nothing like an oven roasted Ganado...

Comment

the oven man is funny just cause u have no where to go fast enough, also the regenarators are scary and possibly the boss battle against krauser as ada was kinda thrilling

Comment

Working...
                              X