Game pitch (umbrella sim)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game pitch (umbrella sim)

I am a big fan of sim games like Sim city, Jurassic Park operation: genesis, etc.

So I was thinking, what if "you" were in controll of Umbrella?

The game would start off with you building basic facilities like the Mansion or Training center. Then after making money you can take control and monopolize cities like Raccoon city, and choose city layout and make labs in common buildings like Umbrella did with the hospitol. You could buy over public officials like Chief Irons was. Then Expand to build large secret tunnels and labs underneath the city like the Hive.
    To make money you would have to make B.O.W.s which you would be able customize and upgrade (licker's exposed brain a problem? give it a hard armor plating). You would be able to test the b.o.w.s by running scans, putting them in arena like battles against humans, machines, and other BOWs, or tortureing them. But you would have to make and test regular public products so no one gets suspicious.
    You would decide the location, shape and layout of your labs and facilities just like in other Sim games.
    All of the viruses in the games would be in it, with some added variations.
    The real catch is that no matter what. An accident WILL happen. What you do and how careful you are just delays it. If and when an Outbreak happens in a facility you wil take control of a character (in a simplified version of Resident Evil). You would have the options of either Escaping with your life, Collecting data by getting files, disks, virus samples, or taking photos, Or you can terminate the Lab and eliminate the monsters, or try to capture them.
    If the accident spreads to the main city you will take the god like control again, You would be able to command U.B.C.S troops, Tyrants, and Agents (If you have them). And you would have various ways to contain or destroy the city. Unless it takes over the world. Out breaks could happen in many ways, Sabbotage, Hippies (see 28 days later), Spill, ecaped speciman, or a randon accident (like putting your chemical lab to close to a Production factory and end up spreding the T-virus through cosmetics)
    Some times an outbreak or facility may be discovered by a group like STARS. If that happensyou get to try to kill them by any means nessicery (Nemesis?).

This whould be a great "Giant Evil Corporation Sim" crossed over with a great franchise. I am not a game designer (yet) so the Ideas above may need tweaking or additions.
    What do you think? Sorry for the Long Text.

that sounds like such a bad ass idea, omg Id love to play a RE game like that...all though I hate the sims...

Comment

I'm with you on this one! It'd take the series in a new direction that actually deserves to be ventured. Kind of sounds like the anti-theme hospital and I love that game . . .
      Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 09-20-2007, 10:37 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X