Resident Evil 5 Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Racist?

I saw a news article which is basically stating that, due to killing black folk, the game is racist. Apparently one person, from a blog called Black Looks, described it as, "The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity."

Apparently, folk are ignoring the fact that the game is set in Africa, and therefore black people may well be infected by zombies. And that Chris, a previous character, was quite happy to blow the heads off white zombies as well.

Yes, the blog in question is pretty much a Black Supremecist site that will take offense at the slightest possible thing, and gets the game horribly, horribly wrong. It's made by white people and aimed at children and young adelsconets, for example, and note the 'supposed' in the quote above. You can see the crap the blog posted for yourself, at http://www.blacklooks.org/?s=Resident+Evil and it quickly becomes clear they're much more interested in bashing white folk than anything else.

Still...the fact that this is an issue, and one that gets news worthy, is disapointing to me. Thoughts?

This topic's been done mate.
    Whats more, other races have been used in the RE series before and no one batted an eyelid, its always funny when black supremecist groups get involved when their own race is featured.

Comment

So it has. This is what I get for dropping off the face of the earth for a while due to other matters. I looked back a bit but didn't go far enough back to see it. Ah well.

Comment

thats a bull shit excuse looking for racism...lame as hell...I never even thought of it as killing black people, if anything I like black people and I have family who's black and I dont find it offensive, how many white zombies have we killed and how many spanish people in re4 have we killed...common...

Comment

Working...
        X