Resident Evil 6 Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 Suggestions

Okay i know it's prob about 5 years from happing but i have to start thinking, WHAT WOULD OR IS RESIDENT EVIL 6 GOING TO BE ABOUT?
    There's millions of suggestions out there, so get them down on this thread. Who would be the main star, would jill make a return along with barry, or would chris and claire come back (that's if Chris makes it out of Afica that is) . Would Leon finally sort out his love for Ada or would Billy and becca die...
    So COME ON let's hear what people think 6 is going to be like.

leon comes back n dies, resi4 camera style, longer game, more mini games/side modes etc, more characters, more weapons....
    yeah thats what in want in resi6

i got bored last week so i planned a new resi4...i'm so sad
    Last edited by PS92; 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM.

Comment

lol sounds cool
      i'd love to see leon again but not as the main person. But i have a feeling we might see somone totally new as the main hero. I hope it's somone who can fire two guns at the same time or carry a sword

Comment

melee weapons like in outbreak file 1, very fun on infinity mode

Comment

also i might add, sorry thought keep coming
          i'd like the healing kinda system in metal gear solid 3, where when you get hurt like hit hard from a boss or somthing, you had to go into your first aid box, which would be a key item in your list of items, and use herbs, bangdge etc.

Comment

Well, if it was me, I'd go for something between the newer games and the older, similar to 3.5. That is, a superior control system but once again an enclosed house or mansion. Or, possibly, a series of houses. A small town, maybe? What would be more terrifying than entering a normal house, could be yours, could be a friends, walking upstairs and seeing a bloody handprint illuminated by a bolt of lightning...heading for a child's room...

No, I wouldn't actually have undead children. To me, if you have to resort to killing off kids you've got a weak scare anyway. If you do things right you don't need to, and all it's gonna do is make it harder to get the game approved. But the suggestion...that's another matter.

I'd also make a return to the two character thing, although I'd make it so the story, and even locations, didn't converge too often. Possibly a little 1.5 opposite goal affair, where one character is trying to escape something and the other is trying to make it to the 'safety' of that place, at least initally.

I'd also return to the B.O.W's. Plagas might pop outta peoples skulls, but thirty zombies staggering towards you along a street? You ain't winning that fight. Even if they're not as fast or as smart. And, of course, there is an easy possiblity to add smarter, faster enemies. Hell, fifty zombies could effectively seal off an area until you figured out how to kill them all, or got NPC aid in gunning them down.

That would be something else. Limited NPC's. And they'd carry a weapon, know how to use it, and not scream like a little girl whenever threatened. Useful NPC's that helped you, rather than having to spend half the game making sure they don't die.

I'd go with two characters from a previous game, ones that haven't been used often, or one character and a new one. Hunk, maybe, since he's fairly effective. Really, given the number of characters in Resident Evil and the destinct lack of them dying (Wesker, Ada and Steve: I'm lookin' at you) you really don't need a new main character if it's a solo game.

One of these days we're gonna have to have a S.T.A.R.S massacre, but that's another tale.

Comment

Barry and Jill.
              A British or Canadian local would be nice. Rural and Urban.
              It would be nice if it kept the RE4 style but incorporated the flashlight from RE3.5

They need zombies and tons of them.

Comment

melee weapons would have been cool in re4 like grabbing a chain saw and pwning some Ganado's so RE6 def needs crow bars, pipes, wooden planks, knives, axes, hammers, steel chairs, broom sticks, grenades, c4 explosives (re2 baby!), more guns, tazers, flash grenades, incindinary grenades, I want more and more and more...Im not joking, M16's to AK 47's to German G36c's!!!!! RE6 should be a full out hardcore non stop action horror game oh and did I mention keep the fucking herbs, they are much better wrapped in papper then in a tube

Comment

That's something of a contradiction though. By making a game non-stop you remove some of the level of fear. You know perfectly well that around the corner, through the door, in the house there will bemore enemies waiting. It makes you worry about what might be in the building but removes the terror of the unknown, of walking around for several minutes and only hearing the suggestion of a foe. The creak of floor boards above. Friend or foe? Or is it just the house settling?

Sure, you can have scenes where and areas full of action, but you need to space them. Make them events, not the game.

More melee weapons might be fun, but in Resident Evil there use will always be limited. Can you imagine even hitting a hunter with an axe will be easy? Or fighting a licker up close? What you're suggesting sounds a lot more like Dead Rising, a great game in it's own way but very different to Resident Evil. Zombies can be killed very easily. An individual zombie is no danger. The only risk comes in the fact there's about 200 of them in every daned area.

Comment

another thing i'd like in R.E 5 is to have the drop items anywhere feature which was in R.E 0. I think that there were some interesting things from 0, which should be put into 5. like stated above, have the 2 player combo, where you switch at the touch of a button, along with dropping items anywhere. But with Billy you wasn't sure if he really was a killer, but this time around you team up with somone who you know IS a killer and seen or have evidence that he did kill people but know you have to team up with him/her to save yourself
                    Online mode would be good, like co-op story mode etc.

Comment

NO! The item drop thing added too much frustration and backtracking. It was cool but it was a pain in the ass.

Comment

more fluid gameplay mechanics

(i know RE5 is fluid, im thinking more like Subsistence fluid, analog controls etc)

Comment

I'm skeptical it will be on any console this generation. Look at the mileage Capcom have got out of RE4. Hell, look at the mileage they get out of most of their games (Megaman, Street Fighter. Palette shifts FTW.). I'm seriously considering skipping the inital launch of RE5. Simply because I own CV:X (didn't have a dreamcast for CV), and have RE4 on both GC and PS2. Won't get Wii.

Way too early to speculate on this. I'd really like a few characters to die. The universe needs a bit of dusting. Maybe not another new virus too? Enough of those floating around too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            That's something of a contradiction though. By making a game non-stop you remove some of the level of fear. You know perfectly well that around the corner, through the door, in the house there will bemore enemies waiting. It makes you worry about what might be in the building but removes the terror of the unknown, of walking around for several minutes and only hearing the suggestion of a foe. The creak of floor boards above. Friend or foe? Or is it just the house settling?

Sure, you can have scenes where and areas full of action, but you need to space them. Make them events, not the game.

More melee weapons might be fun, but in Resident Evil there use will always be limited. Can you imagine even hitting a hunter with an axe will be easy? Or fighting a licker up close? What you're suggesting sounds a lot more like Dead Rising, a great game in it's own way but very different to Resident Evil. Zombies can be killed very easily. An individual zombie is no danger. The only risk comes in the fact there's about 200 of them in every daned area.
                            well Im just saying these weapons should be available to us, not to say we can find these items every 5 steps we take, but it would be cool to use your resources around you to fight especially if your low on ammo and to add more types of guns in the game or bring back the machine gun from re2 or the m4/m16 from re3 and much more, like in dino crisis how Dilan had a huge ass knife and Regina had a stun stick. That would be cool to upgrade your knife or melee weapon and such, I was thinking on the basis of DC 2 and RE4 with the upgradable weapon system, i do like the fact that in RE2 you could find parts for the shotgun, and find parts for the magnum. Now that was bad ass. I just really want to see some old school RE stuff in a new school type of playing field. Oh and also duel weilding the uzi's or lugers was cool
                            Last edited by Stars_g36; 10-12-2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

an upgrading system would be cool
                              i'd like it to be set somwhere in another city, like the headquaters of umbrella. where you can travel around town freely like silent hill. A key place has to be a school, no children zombile tho cos that would suck, somthing that would chase you all around the school would be cool, like a mad man with an axe. somthing along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X