• Show
Clear All

• OMG!!! STREET FIGHTER IV!!!!!

lol, no comment here?
    heh, kids these days

Comment

lol, no comment here?
      heh, kids these days
      I'm sorta in hiatus right now and by far not a 'kid', so i'm late to respond, but I have to say, It's about f- time. I just hope that "SFIV Turbo Hyper Edition" doesn't quickly follow.

Quick ? though, where the hell is actual gameplay footage? The trailer on the site looked like an intro...kinda reminded me of being at a "rave" aswell.

Thanks for the news, Dude.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 10-18-2007, 11:03 AM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I like the style of the trailer, and personally wouldn't mind if the game looked like that =D

Comment

i've never really played street fighter, sure the old SNES version a couple of times, Mortal Kombat won it for me.

Comment

Yeah, i also LOVE the style, and knowing Capcom, and Okami this might reflect to some degree at the actual gameplay. I personally would love it, but its probably too riscky for Capcom to change the style so much.
            Yeah, no gameplay footage and no platform announcement yet. I REALLY hope its multiplatform, so everyone can play it.

Comment

Originally posted by griever666 View Post
              lol, no comment here?
              heh, kids these days
              Im shocked it took others this long to reply.

I love the style of the trailer personally, years ago when they interviewed the Street Fighter Alpha director he said that they'd only consider SF4 if it was something totally original and innovative in style/look etc.
              Its certainly looking it from the trailer, im hoping for a more fluid style of 2d fighter myself with good damage detection *IE if you're being decked in the face instead of flying backward you'll take it standing yet still be able to react to the hit and throw a hook at the sametime but your sprite move back facially while throwing their oen attack etc*, it'd make skirmishes like in the SF4 trailer possible *if people want old fashioned SF gameplay get SSF2HD Remix*

Comment

Meh.

I was always a Dark Stalkers fan.

Comment

Yeah, man, Capcom rocks as always. Can't be bad, au contraire, it will blow us away! God dammit! NEED the official word that this game is multi!

Comment

...I really hated Darkstalkers after the 1st one.

Comment

That's a shame, because in two more games, the fighting system got better than Street Fighter's EVER was after what, 519 games?

Comment

Can't say I like your argumentative tone after posting my own opinion.

Just saying frankly I hated the DarkStalkers series, its only redeeming point was Donovan in Vampire Savior.

SF has always been a more fun game to play competitively, don't see many Darkstalkers based tournaments nowadays do you.

Comment

...for some reason the fact I used to outrank you two sprang into my mind. I'm wondering if you'll both sit down and play nice if I tell you, out of some built in obidence.

Let's see.

Sit down, play nicely.

Anyway, the trailer looks interesting. Beat 'em ups aren't my thing...the only ones I've collected solidly have been Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibre. And Mortal Kombat Armaggedon made me cry, because it ate a puppy. Still, this does look like it could be fun to play at the arcade.

Comment

Just saying frankly I hated the DarkStalkers series, its only redeeming point was Donovan in Vampire Savior.

SF has always been a more fun game to play competitively, don't see many Darkstalkers based tournaments nowadays do you.
                            Well said. ::thumbs up::
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                              What, me? Nikovich, argumentative?

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                              The fact that it's played more often doesn't mean that it's more fun to play competitively, especially since it took SF a much longer time to get to the point of advanced techniques that DS had from the start, such as actual chainable combos, advancing guard, air blocks, pursuit attacks, ES supers and specials, throw escape, etc. Street Fighter just has always been the poster child of Capcom fighting games, it’s not surprising DS was ever able to step out of its shadow, especially when they were busy making SF153 and DS3 was still being made. CS was the biggest competitive FPS for a long time, but that doesn’t mean it was the best. The reason DS didn’t break out was because SF was already well-established and people were too comfortable with it with to branch out.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              ...for some reason the fact I used to outrank you two sprang into my mind.

Umm…. Qua? When and in what way?

Comment

Working...
                              X