Resident Evil Fansite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Fansite

Im creating a website dedicated to Resident Evil. (sound familiar?)
    However, one of its main differences to The Horror is going to be the presentation.
    I am creating the Umbrella Corporations Website.
    Complete with mission statement, product list, character bios and more.

The reason for this thread is that I need ideas. Anything that pops into your head as an idea for the site, just let me know. I will post occasional updates(when I have time) and will also let you know when the site is completed and up and running. Thanks!

Maybe have a mock intro screen with the little animation from Resi 1 on there. The one with the twirling Umbrella and then the little jingle that accompanies it. I have all Resi 1 sounds if you wanted to do that. And then underneath a log in thing, using the John > Ada name and pass. Could be just a little nostalgic fun for Resi veterans.
    Last edited by John; 10-27-2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

well if u need any moderators/admins i'm always willing to help. If u need any content for it, pm me n i'll get it for u. I could also make a banner for it.

Comment

Originally posted by PS92 View Post
        well if u need any moderators/admins i'm always willing to help. If u need any content for it, pm me n i'll get it for u. I could also make a banner for it.
        I second that as it goes, I run my own Resi beta site so if you need help with anything just ask.

Comment

I'm interested In helping out.

But I don't know how to do much. hey. I can learn.

Comment

u shold totally have like the mercenaries (like form re4) except in this you list like all the characters from resident evil giving there name and info

Comment

This is off-topic, sorry. But Krauser, I would like for you to send me the assets used in your signiture so I can make one for you that isn't 20 screens wide. That's definitely way past the limit.

Comment

CAN I HELP OUT
                i can get members, post out info
                but i'd love to post updates or somthing
                i'll even clean up, hell uv gotta start somewhere

Comment

Thanks a lot for your support!
                  Oh, John I thought of something like that but then i had an even better idea. You know the UC intro? Well my welcome message is going to be: "Welcome to the Umbrella Chronicles. Accessing File #Whateveritis." and maybe some kind of accompanying animation.
                  I cant even estimate release yet, so far all I have is homepage w/ mission statement, product list and character bios. Speaking of which what is known about Sergei? I want to tell more about him but there isnt much.
                  The "Ada" and "John" idea is good, tho, I might have them protect a section that only a hardcore RE fan(or someone that knows how to view source code) could get into.

EDIT: Note that I only recently learned some computer programming skills and probably wont have a moderator/login feature for a while yet, because that requires PHP (not to be confused with PCP) and I dont know that very well yet.

Just got the password thing up and running with John as user and Ada as pass.
                  What content should I have on that protected page?
                  I was thinking maybe upcoming missions (*games*) and secret location lists.

MORE EDIT: I have posted some screen captures in my photobucket at: http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...BuddyDave/UKB/
                  Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 10-30-2007, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonsBuddyDave View Post
                    Thanks a lot for your support!
                    Oh, John I thought of something like that but then i had an even better idea. You know the UC intro? Well my welcome message is going to be: "Welcome to the Umbrella Chronicles. Accessing File #Whateveritis." and maybe some kind of accompanying animation.
                    I cant even estimate release yet, so far all I have is homepage w/ mission statement, product list and character bios. Speaking of which what is known about Sergei? I want to tell more about him but there isnt much.
                    The "Ada" and "John" idea is good, tho, I might have them protect a section that only a hardcore RE fan(or someone that knows how to view source code) could get into.

EDIT: Note that I only recently learned some computer programming skills and probably wont have a moderator/login feature for a while yet, because that requires PHP (not to be confused with PCP) and I dont know that very well yet.

Just got the password thing up and running with John as user and Ada as pass.

MORE EDIT: I have posted some screen captures in my photobucket at: http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...BuddyDave/UKB/
                    well i say thats coming along very well. I guess u'd only need mods if u had a forum section but still any info needed i'm here for anything =]

Comment

Hi again, I cant say this definitely yet, but I hope to have a site beta on the web by tommorrow night/friday morning.

once its there, it will be at www.umbrellaknowledgebase.com.
                      Like I said, im still not sure, and I will post sometime tommorrow to let you know whats up. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
                        This is off-topic, sorry. But Krauser, I would like for you to send me the assets used in your signiture so I can make one for you that isn't 20 screens wide. That's definitely way past the limit.
                        Has he contacted you back about this? Cause I'll just remove it soon if its not fixed.

Comment

I second that as it goes. I run my own Resi beta site so...
                          Wats the URL?

EDIT: Sorry guys, encountered a bug I need to work out b4 i set it out there. Soon, tho!
                          I hope.
                          ust got the password thing up and running with John as user and Ada as pass.
                          I've Got it.
                          For when I eventually have moderators, in order to register to become a moderator, they have to get the login right to prove they are worthy. Beautiful.
                          Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

sounds good *plots to be a mod*

Comment

I do need something from someone on here.
                              My email is LeonsBuddyDave@aol.com, and what I need is a list of any and all umbrella employees (Albert Wesker, William Birkin, etc)
                              to also become Usernames/passwords in the register section.
                              Even the vaguest people, stupid people *coughAshfordcough*.

EDIT:
                              sounds good *plots to be a mod*
                              Like I said, might be a bit farther off.
                              Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 11-02-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X