PDA

View Full Version : Good RE3 Times?

Helegad
10-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi! I just want someone to evaluate my half-speedrun times

First run:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/8auxfanm9m.JPG
Lol, easy mode, I know it sucks. I tried to kill everything ;) Okay, so it wasn't exactly a speed-run. Sorry...

Second run:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/r9jjtmu9sn.JPG

Third run:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/3t92diaulz.JPG
Myself, I don't think that's too bad a result. Considering the fastest time available on Speed-Demos Archive is 1hr, 20min, 42sec. Am I thinking straight? I need a second opinion... :)

nemesis_lover
10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
that's a gr8 time, i'm going to try for 1 hour 30, but i'm not sure if to try doing it on the game cube or ps1 hmmm......

Helegad
10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Cool, thanks for your opinion.

I'd do the speedrun on the PS1 if I were you. For the feeling of being classic... :)

Skunky
10-27-2007, 12:20 AM
1.39, that's a very good time!
I don't think I've ever done it that quick, however I'm sure I've gotten an 'S' grade before. I'm wondering why you didn't get an 'S' ranking.
Did you use bonus weapons? (things purchased after playing Mercenaries)

37 saves :lol: I didn't know there was that many ink ribbons...

As much as I loved RE3 on the PS1 and I played it a shitload of times, it's A LOT better on the GC. The graphics are from the best available PC version and they still look quite nice even by todays standards. I much prefer the graphics in RE3 to RE-CV. There is so much more detail put into the environments and the zombies and monsters look better too.

btw, when I read the tittle of this thread I thought it meant, "Ah, playing RE3, those were goods times... nice memories" (I was going to agree)

nemesis_lover
10-28-2007, 04:59 PM
ohhhhh one person said do it on game cube, one on ps1, rite next person to give their view, i shall do it on that console.

Helegad
10-28-2007, 10:36 PM
1.39, that's a very good time!
I don't think I've ever done it that quick, however I'm sure I've gotten an 'S' grade before. I'm wondering why you didn't get an 'S' ranking.
Did you use bonus weapons? (things purchased after playing Mercenaries)

37 saves :lol: I didn't know there was that many ink ribbons...

As much as I loved RE3 on the PS1 and I played it a shitload of times, it's A LOT better on the GC. The graphics are from the best available PC version and they still look quite nice even by todays standards. I much prefer the graphics in RE3 to RE-CV. There is so much more detail put into the environments and the zombies and monsters look better too.

btw, when I read the tittle of this thread I thought it meant, "Ah, playing RE3, those were goods times... nice memories" (I was going to agree)

Yeah, I used the unlimited Assault Rifle for all the enemies, and unlimited Rocket Launcher for all the bosses (Nemesis went down every time).

That first picture with the 37 saves, that was in Easy mode. You get an unlimited Ink Ribbon.

S ranking is only in RE: Survivor, I think. It's not in RE3.

The shitty thing about the PC port is that you get absolutely nothing on an A ranking. Not even the Botique Key.

I done a better time yesterday, somewhere around 1hr, 23min. I'll get the picture uploaded sometime soon.

Darkmoon
10-29-2007, 03:51 AM
Nah, you can get S Ranking in all the games bar the first, I believe. I know I have one from RE2 at the least.

I was never hugely fond of Nemesis, mostly because it was only one character really, so my best time was around 2 and a half hours. Nemesis is actually the only RE game I don't have in one way or another.

A-J
10-29-2007, 07:08 AM
bwahahahah

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/chandoog/speed_re3.jpg

Skunky
10-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I've got some times & ranks that I wrote down in one of my guides a while ago.
Playing Bio2 I got 2 'S' ranks finishing both disks just under 2.30 each with 3 saves.
However the best I could find that I wrote down for RE3 was an 'A' grade. 2.25 with 0 saves.
NEVER use first aid sprays (stick with the herb) and I think using bonus weapons will also drop a grade.

btw, the game cube version of RE3 has the good pc graphics but also all the bonus costumes ect. present on the ps1 version.

ps, Holy shit A-J that was fast!!!o_o

nemesis_lover
10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
ok cube it is, be shocked by my great time :D

Helegad
10-29-2007, 08:58 PM
AJ, you used unlimited weapons, right?

A-J
10-30-2007, 03:22 AM
wrong :D

Helegad
10-30-2007, 07:06 PM
You're joking, right? Did you record your speed-run? That's incredibly amazing! I think you'd hold the world record.

nemesis_lover
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
A-J, it's my mission to beat ur score by one second :D

A-J
10-31-2007, 01:35 AM
psst, that time is using the PC version, does that ruin anything ?

Helegad
11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't reckon. Maybe skipping the door sequence is saving a few seconds, but other than that, no. Well, you have to have at least one advantage for finding such a rare PC game.

A-J
11-07-2007, 02:57 AM
thats not new, i've had that image with me for like 3 years now lol.

Helegad
11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I never said it was new, I said that you'd have to have at least one advantage for finding a rare PC game like RE3.