GTA:Raccoon City, revealed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA:Raccoon City, revealed!

Exclusive first look at the box art being considered for the Top Secret collaboration between Rockstar and Capcom!!!
    Known as 'Grand Theft Auto: Raccoon City' ('GTA: Outbreak' in Japan) this new project is being labeled the 'Ultimate Videogame' by the developers involved.
    More game details and information coming soon.
    Stay tuned!
    Attached Files

okay this is a must have if it comes out

Comment

Quit Teasing us.
      That's not funny because we really want it.

Comment

April 1st is like 5 months away...
        sigpic

Comment

no offence, but the boxart was .. erm.. lame ?

Comment

Wow, i wold like it if it come out............ is like hottest thing i ever seen

Comment

yea too bad its a bunch of photoshopped pics that can be easily found on yahoo image search... but that would be sick

Comment

There was actually a game that was supposed to come out for the PS2 and X-Box a few years ago that was billed as just that, "Grand Theft Auto: Raccoon City." It was cancelled, but you can find screenshots and trailers for it online. I just wish I could remember the name. It looked really interesting, and I remember looking forward to it.

EDIT: Bingo. Here it is. It was called "Dead Rush." Here's the trailer.

IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com
                Last edited by Archelon; 10-27-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Oh, yeah. I remember that game. I heard it looked awesome but played like a dog, which is why it got cancelled. It was a shame...that was one I liked the look of. And I'm usually not unduly bothered by controls that go 'clunk.'

Comment

Firstly, I wasn't trying to 'fool' anyone. I thought it would have been pretty obvious that I had made it myself... I was going to put it up and say "Hey, look what I made" but then at the last minute, I thought it would be 'funnier' to present it like it was a real game. I was hoping that some of you guys would have a good chuckle about it
                    I mean, Really! Like I'm the only person on the entire internet with access to this secret information and I've got my hands on the box art?! That's F'ing ridiculous!
                    I would have cleared this up sooner but I worked a night shift last night, then slept all day today (I've got 11 more in a row...)
                    I'm glad that some people liked it and I'm sorry that others thought it is "lame". It took me several hours to put together and I taught myself how to use photoshop, so I thought it turned out okay. Some of the pics were from the net but most were scans from my own collection of RE books and comics. I then had to paint over text and clean up and modify them.
                    GTA:RC is a game I've fantasized about for many years and it was fun to put together. I also plan to make a back cover and I was going to give a detailed description of how the game would play and progress. I've got a heap of ideas. I'll do this at a later date, as I've just read the latest developments of the RE1.5 business and I'm feeling a bit deflated and sad about it all.

I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts and ideas on a RE:RC too. San Andreas had a building in it which was an obvious parody of the 'Umbrella Corporation'. I remember when I found it I thought "maybe, just maybe, there was going to be a zombie outbreak at some stage". The fact that the building is there I think is proof that they considered the idea. Also GTA:Vice City Stories (great underrated game) had a zombie mission. I'm surprised there wasn't a 'turn pedestrians into zombies' cheat code. GTA is published by Capcom in Japan so the 2 companies working together isn't such a crazy thought... Maybe one day it will happen?

Also I like the idea of cameos and hybrid games relating to RE. Jill in her STARS uniform appears in 'Marvel vs Capcom2' and 'Under the Skin' features a Raccoon City level (Nemesis included). It was the reason I got the game. It's actually a fun game and I had a good time in the cartoon Raccoon City.
                    What other games would people like to see?
                    Eg: a Tekken or Mortal Kombat style fighting game featuring characters and monsters from the RE series (the Nemesis could use his tentacle like Scorpion... Nemesis wins, Fatality) or a Smackdown style wrestling game? How about 'Hotshots Golf featuring Jill and Friends? Replace the name Madden with Tyrant, and stick a football in his hands. A gay platformer with Alfred? There are hundreds of serious, silly and funny possibilities.
                    C'mon people cheer me up!

Thanks Stars_g36, I hadn't seen that trailer. I do remember reading about Dead Rush and seeing some screen shots. I was really hanging out for it. But then I read that Activision decided that the game "fell well below the standard required for publication". It was so crap that they were too embarrassed to release it and scrapped it completely. Watching the trailer, it dosn't look so bad. I'd still love to see it. I wonder if it will ever be leaked like some other unfinished games? Not only did it have zombies but there is a creature that closely resembles a Hunter. But the project was in no way an official RE or GTA game. Only Rockstar and Capcom could ever do that.

Comment

I thought it was awesome, but I knew it was fake its all good, that would be sick if something like this did come out

Comment

this would be a gr8 game to play, but you would need more citys then just one, i'm trying to think what the other two could be. plus a gd mission could be that you have to fly a plane somewhere and drop off somthing but then a tyrant is on the roof and you have to do all kinds of tricks to shake him off until you know if you have to get on the roof and fight him with you falmethrower or somthing. yeah, now that's a game and a half.
                        btw gd box art

Comment

3 words: Dead Rising Two.

()
                          Last edited by BLSR1; 10-29-2007, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Actually, that's 2 words and one number but I take your point. Dead Rising 2 could certainly use more GTA like elements in it. It should be great.
                            NemesisLover, more than one city could be possible if a coastline was put on the edge of Raccoon. Then the islands from Survivor and CV could be used to. It would be geographically inaccurate but for the sake of gameplay they could be a short helicopter/plane/boat/jetski ride away from the mainland.
                            The Arkley Mountains would also be included (dirt-bike riding through the forest?) but the focus would offcourse be on Raccoon City.
                            The official map is cool. Not only can you see the areas of RE2 & RE3 but you can see areas like the zoo and college which feature in the Outbreak games.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Skunky let's make this bloody game for these ppl, you hav the map plans and i have the random tyrant on plane, taken from c.v

Comment

Working...
                              X