Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherry vs. Ashley!

from http://be.totallyre.com/quizlet/026/

Besides the fact that they've "helped" Leon during his missions and that they would be the same age by RE4(year 2004), Sherry is still the most annoying 2nd character and Ashley knows how to kick ass. Yeah, that's right. There are certain moments where she can actually fight off those parasite-infected villagers or solve 'difficultly' puzzles. Oh yeah and she can actually catch up with Leon while running at a fast pace! Or you can always tell Ashley to hide in a dumpster while you fight those pesky evildoers. Good girl!

Unlike Sherry who squats down because she can't keep up with either Claire or Leon and can't fight whatsoever. Useless and annoying.

Now it might sound like I'm rooting for Ashley(which I am), but she can be annoying too. Either it's captured too many times by the villagers or trapped somewhere. And all you can hear is her screaming...
    "Help! Leon!"
    "Help! Leon!"
    "Help! Leon!"
    "Help! Leon!"
    "Help! Leon!"
    ...And well, you get the point. There are times where I wanted to shoot her and I did. Sure, I get that stupid "Mission Failed" screen but it was well worth it!
    Who gets your vote for crappiest side character?

Sherry no question. The whole president's duaghter thing was lame.

edit: oops accidentally typed Ashley. Sherry FTW
    Last edited by GalacticAE; 11-03-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

x2

Comment

sherry.

That girl needs to learn how to climb ledges. She's so slow. She won't help at all.
        Ashley is really annoying but she can help you identify an enemies position. and she helps solve puzzles.

Comment

Ashley sucks. At least Sherry doesn't constantly run right into traps, and at least she runs away from the zombies unlike Ashley who just stands there. Plus Sherry actually does something to help out, sure she may be a touch slow but come on, all Ashley does is slow down the progression of the game cause you constantly have to save her.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
            All Ashley does is slow down the progression of the game cause you constantly have to save her.
            Isn't that the purpose of the game? Save the president's daughter?

Comment

The most annoying character? Tough question, but I would vote for Ashley. Sure, Sherry is slow and useless for the most of time, but at least she:
              a. doesn't scream "Help!" non stop.
              b. can't die (of course, when she's a NPC) so you don't have to worry about her
              c. she's not so stupid to squat down when enemies surround her and wait to either be killed by them, taken by them, or be accidentally shoot by Leon
              d. isn't stupid enough to approach Leon when he destroy vases with his knife (it happen to me - I was swinging my knife, Ashley came from behind, knife touched her, she was dead, I was like WTF?)
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-03-2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

In my opinion, Sherry gains top title for mass stupidity.
                At least Ashley could strike up a promising conversation in which she could ask where you were and call you a pervert in the same breath.

My conversation with Sherry:

"Hi Sherry, whats new?"
                "AAAAAHHHHHHHH! HELP!"
                "What? Whats wrong!"
                "WHERE ARE YOU!?!"
                "Im right here. Talking to you!"
                "WHERE ARE YOU!"
                "Are you okay?"
                "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! HELP!"
                "Why are you crouching?"
                "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! HELP!"
                "Stop screaming. Now."
                "..."
                "Thats better. Now-"
                "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! HELP!"
                "#@$% I Warned You!"
                "AAAAAAAAAAhhhh! H-"
                *several resounding gunshots*
                Last edited by LeonsBuddyDave; 11-03-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Omega View Post
                  Isn't that the purpose of the game? Save the president's daughter?
                  Yeah but the amount of times you have to chase after her is annoying, if she'd do as she's told it wouldn't take half as long. You think in a life threatening situation you'd listen to advice rather than running off, wouldn't you?

Comment

sherry is worse, because she's not fun to play alongside with. where with ash, you can make her bend down when you aim, so you can see her ........ lets say melons
                    plus i'll get along with ash more, because when i look at sherry i'll be like "dam you little girl, its your god dam dads fault the citys dead, ur dad is the reason why i dont have a job anymore" in an angry leon voice.
                    where with ash i'll know that i'll hav a chance of running america if i get lucky. ;p

Comment

...digital boobs are, sadly, not all that appealing. Not when you have the real thing to look at anyway. I'm gonna say Ashley. Sherry was a panicked child who ran away from people she didn't know in a world where everything she knew was turned on it's head. Sure, she was slow, but she was a little kid. Short stubby little legs. And, sure, she did that duck and cover thing...but it made sense to a child that's being attacked by violent zombies I'm sure.

Ashley, on the other hand, runs off because she's unable to cope or act as an adult even though she is one. She manages to get herself caught by the enemies not once but twice, due to running off and whinging. The third time at least she could blame of the Plagas.

She gets in the way of shots. She doesn't even try to run and hide, or fight back on her own, instead screaming for you to save her the effort of movement. She isn't even bright enough to try and hide on her own, having to be ordered in to a little box for safety.

Plus the screams...of the screams. How they pierce my brain.

Comment

Sherry is 12. She's not that little.

plus her and clair seem a little TOO close...

Comment

yeah sherry didnt really help leon in his mission
                          and leon is our hero

Comment

I think Ashley is worser.Her voice and screams are just too annoying, she doesnt really act her age O_o, one spoilt brat.
                            Cant say I really loved Sherry in RE2 (her slowness and sitting on the ground from time to time was annoying really), but at least shes much younger and you can feel sorry for her coz hes dad turned into a monster and her mom..uh well she just lost both parents.
                            Ashley on the other hand, is a presidents daughter and gets all happy by the end of the game,and even invites Leon for some "overtime"

Comment

Working...
                            X