Site updates updates rolling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site updates updates rolling out

Bear with us here, Ice and I are now working on the site We are currently tackling the forum so if you notice anything messed up this is why.

fix AIM link

Backrounds of posts and main forum page should have the nice downloads page backround grey color texture.

Register - Logout - login should be all under the same thing but detected:
    IE if person = logged in dont show register, and dont show login
    IE if person = not registered show register, and login

Remove calendar?? We might need this though, dunno lemme know what you think.

Remove Home Page link, News page IS the main page (enter images suck).

Maybe remove login tab, and replace top right of page with a username/password box to log in to the forum. I find this VERY easy on other forums.

Private messages should be axed, and replaced with a small popup AND a top right box notifying you if you have any (for convinence, at the bottom SUCKS!!11)

Bottom key for new posts, no new posts etc needs a border. It looks bad right now.

Mark all forums as read should be in the upper right, and remove the logout and forum leaders links from the bottom (remove them entirely, we dont need em - our forums arent that long lol)

All times are GMT -5 hours. The time now is 10:17 PM. should be placed in the upper left or possibly upper right for convinence. The time now is 10:17 PM. at top right should be removed then.

Moderator box should be axed, since all admins and mods will mod ALL areas except of course news and features area.

Exclamation mark linking to the last news post should be removed and replaced with a better icon, since this is already associated with the exclusive files.

Forum Posts Threads Last Post Moderator texture should have more DEFINED lines seperating each area, its hard to see right now. perhaps a lighter bar going through them, or something?

Update forum to latest VER.

http://www.thehorrorisalive.com/foru.../newthread.gif need updating, they are kinda hard to see on a pure black backround...though I somehow remeber there being a textured backround....Not sure.

Remove STUPID

Showing threads 1 to 10 of 10, sorted by thread title last post time number of replies number of views thread starter rating

bullshit at the bottom of every forum.

Remove FORUM JUMP, USELESS!!!!!!!

Remove Admin Options: from btotom right on news page, might be on others but im not sure. We dont need this, we can access it easier through the menu above.

Forum Rules: bottom left needs a border.

http://www.thehorrorisalive.com/foru...ble-thread.gif these need more visibleness...Its too hard to read on that backround.

Search this Forum: should be moved somewhere else besides the very bottom. maybe the top right or top left.

Announcments should be only displayed on the MAIN PAGE of the forums at the VERY TOP. Not inside EVERY FORUM as a NEW STICKY NEWS POST.

This above:
    The Horror Is Alive > General > Off Topic

We gotta KILL those forums, that dont ACT like a forum...IE GENERAL. Its clickable and I HATE THAT AHHH!!!!!!

| Contact Us - The Horror Is Alive | should be removed, we have that on the main page

http://www.thehorrorisalive.com/forums/online.php?s= - [reload this page] needs DEATH
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-09-2005, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I suggest a forum theme that doesn't have this section to the right shoving the entire forum over to the left. Some people find these quick links that really should be on the main site on not on the forum useful, but to many others, they get in the way and crush things up. Thats why a good solution for it is different themes, so that both parties are happy. (They're also normally on the left.)
      Last edited by Nikovich; 09-11-2005, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah I put shit on the right just because of the text on the Umbrella note in the backgruond of the menu. Didn't want it mirrored.
        And well, it's not like it really matters if it's left or right... It works either way.

Comment

fine work gentlemen, fine work.

Comment

Tis done now though...at least until I can go meet him in person again and bug him to do work again. He doesnt have the motivation to work unless im there with him...wtf lol.

Comment

Working...
            X