Clock tower series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clock tower series

Does anybody like those games? I think the original and the 1st PS is great. Just got CT3 and it really disappointed me,what a lame game..

I watched Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within on YouTube in the middle of the night once. What a terribly boring game that was.

I own the first one on the PlayStation, as well as Clock Tower 3. The latter game in particular had little replay value, but they sure were scary.

You should try Haunting Ground. You won't find another game that closely resembles a Clock Tower game like that does.

Comment

I don't have the 1st Clock Tower game but I've got 2 & 3. I thought the 3rd game was okay but I never got around to finishing it.
      I liked Haunting Ground! Yes, it was similar in that you had to run and hide and your character was pretty much defenseless. That game was good quality. It has some of the most incredible cinematic scenes of any ps2 game (the chick in it is HOT- that always helps too).
      Other horrors in my collection that I still havn't got around to playing much include: Siren1 & 2, Rule of Rose, Kuon and Obscure. The Fatal Frame series I like but although I've played all 3 a bit, I've never finished any (I've got shitloads of games and I often just start playing other things). I've read that the 1st Fatal Frame goes 'Nutso/Crazy' towards the end.

Comment

I've beaten the clock tower games. I was never unduly impressed by them, really, epsecially three. It looked nice but the magical girl transformtation to fight giant monsters bugged me.

I also have all the Fatal Frame/Project Zero and the Siren/Forbidden Siren games. For some reason the UK gets different titles. I find them both to be quite terrifying, especially Siren, but both games are very, very Japanese. Even dubbed. As a result they both screw with your mind a great deal. Why do the Japanese like that so in horror?

Siren, especially, is fun because you need to think outside the box and the games are truly terrifying. In one scene two parents hear there daughter crying and banging to be let in. They go to the window...and there daughter is now a Shibitio, with blood running down her face. They used that in a trailer in Japan and it got pulled, so I'm sure you can find it on YouTube. The Shibito, the Half-living dead, are the enemies for the game. They're smart, fast and you can never completely kill them. But the first one is also hard to the point of tearing out your hair and crying.

Fatal Frame is a lot easier, once you have the knack for timing and doing the most damage. The fact that in all three stories you get stalked by the ghost of a young girl is a bit freaky though. And they do go nuts at the end, as the explanation is based well and truly in Japanese folk lore.

Comment

I spent a good chunk of 1999 playing through the first PlayStation Clock Tower and CT2 TSW, and writing the first full online guides for them. I still get e-mails about my Clock Tower guide even now, just saying thanks and quite often from people who had no idea how to get the other endings even though they've had the game for years. LOL

I was waiting for years before the translation project for the original Japanese SNES title got completed. I knew about it weeks after I originally finished the first game in 1998, but I don't think it was finished until like 2002 or 2003. Never got to complete all the endings on it. There was a PlayStation release of it too in 1995, again only in Japan.

Comment

i really wished c.t 1 came out in england, never played that one. C.T 3 wasn't too bad, i loved the acid man and hammer guy, it was a fun game. I've read some other posts in this thread and some of the games i've heard but never played. I really want to know and may have a look on you tube. That girl outside the house sounds wicked. Project Zero is a class game, haven't played 3 yet, but 2 was sooooo gd.

Comment

wow there were a lot of them... I hadnt realized that...

Fatal Frame
              Silent Hill
              Clock Tower
              Siren
              Haunting Ground

ect, anyone one know anymore games like these...

Comment

resident evil ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis_lover View Post
                  i really wished c.t 1 came out in england, never played that one.
                  The first English Clock Tower game did come out in England. I have a PAL copy of the game. It was published in Europe by ASCII (who later became Agetec). They still release plenty of games into both the US and Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    The first English Clock Tower game did come out in England. I have a PAL copy of the game. It was published in Europe by ASCII (who later became Agetec). They still release plenty of games into both the US and Europe.
                    Are you talking about the original one, set in Granite Orphanage or the one with Helen and Jennifer as playable characters?

ASCII / Agetec released the REAL Clock Tower 2 as Clock Tower in the US and England because they didn't receive the first game, released on SNES and PSX as "The First Fear".

Comment

Yes I'm aware of this. I'm talking Japan "Clock Tower 2" = US "Clock Tower" and was also released in PAL areas as "Clock Tower."
                      Last edited by Rombie; 11-10-2007, 04:08 AM.

Comment

i've looked on ebay, is clock tower one, the game with the picture of the mad man with a pair of cutters?
                        so that means clock tower 2 never came out in england then?
                        since this thread begun, i've gone out and bought project zero 3 in a 3 for 2 deal at game.

Comment

Struggle Within (the one with Alyssa and Mr Bates) was never released in the US, if I recall correctly. I could be wrong, it could be the other way around, like the Struggle Within was NOT released in the UK but only in America.

Comment

TSW was America only, and not in the UK. I had a friend send me a copy he pulled out of a bargain bin at his work (a Best Buy in the Chicago area).

Comment

I remember writing a review for Struggle Within, it was a pretty lenient review, looking back on it. I could never bond with Struggle Within like I did with First Fear and the second game in the series....it's a real shame they went for that strange "out there" storyline.

Comment

Working...
                              X