Most Terrifying Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Terrifying Moment

Hanging zombie..For me, when Jill hears that noose snap in the bathroom. Whaaap!!! Shocks the fuck outta me. Also when the Crimson heads come for you. AAAHHHH!!!!

when ever barry's dialogue start .. shocking i tell you.. shocking ..

Comment

When sherry turned into the plant monster in RE4. It wasn't that scary but going down to the bottom floor and being attacked by the paracites was.

The zombies breaking through the windows in RE1 and 2.

The hunter in the bathroom RE1.

Comment

Licker through the one-way mirror, or the tyrant through the wall in RE2. Who saw him coming through a second time? Arms through the boarded windows are also great. RE2 has the best scares in the RE games by miles. Oven man came close, only coz RE4 was considerably lacking in scares like that up til that point (and then, it was the final one too).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
          Licker through the one-way mirror, or the tyrant through the wall in RE2. Who saw him coming through a second time? Arms through the boarded windows are also great.
          Very true, TSG, very true. My list:

RE:
          The dogs bursting through the windows.
          Barry making that stupid sandwich joke to Jill that is so over-used yet everyone still laughs at it because it's stupid.
          Hearing Rebecca's tiny, pitiful, and stupid voice. Jesus Christ, just cause you saved Chris a few times...

RE2:
          The Licker bursting through the one-way mirror.
          The Tyrant bursting through the wall in the press room.
          The Zombie's hands bursting through the boards.

RE3:
          The Crows smashing out of the bus.
          The Dogs smashing out of the clothes stores.
          Seeing Nemesis at the end of that path after you collected all the tram parts.
          The 'Feel The Tension...' track that plays when Nemesis is after you.

I'll think of more eventually.
          Last edited by Helegad; 11-09-2007, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Licker through the one-way mirror, or the tyrant through the wall in RE2. Who saw him coming through a second time? Arms through the boarded windows are also great.
            yeah, 2 creeps me out the most.

Comment

My top ten big scares:

10.Oven Man(RE4)
              9. Dogs through windows(RE1)
              8. First Regenerator encounter(RE4)
              7. First Crimson Head(RE1)
              6. Licker through the one way mirror(RE2. Who the hell saw that coming?)
              5.The horrid background misspellings.
              4.Barry's beard.(I totally freaked out, I nearly crapped my pants in fear of that thing devouring Jill whole)
              3. First time through Re2, being dropped in the middle of a hoard e of zombies right away.
              2. How preppy Leon looked in RE2 and how Emo he looked in RE4
              1. Looking up from playing RE4: Wii Edition and Realizing I still havent finished the Da Vinci Code.

There you have it.

Comment

ok i wont go on, so i'll just list my 5:
                first crimson head, my first time was seeing him through a mirror in that long hallway place with mirrors in every corner. scared the crap out of me hearing him and just watching him in the mirror.....waiting.
                Second: Licker in R.E 2 coming through the window.
                Third: the leech man coming around the corner in the tolets, com on that made me wanna go back in the tolet and hide.
                Forth: Regen with spikes, when you fall down into that trash area.
                Fifth: Hell the nemesis, out of all meetings i'll go for the police station, first time playing, when your like oh shit, then you see he's holding a rocket luncher, and like ohhhhh shit. I love how i stood and tried fighting him first time around.

Comment

Facing the first zombie after Kenneth. The original Resident Evil was the first game I ever played with tank controls. It was a dreadful and helpless feeling as I continually smashed into wall after wall trying to make it to the closest unlocked door to escape, only to be munched to death.

Comment

Probably when Mr X busted through the wall the second time as you are attempting to leave. I totally didn't expect that XD

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                      When sherry turned into the plant monster in RE4. It wasn't that scary but going down to the bottom floor and being attacked by the paracites was.
                      They don't look the same, stop it!

Licker through the one-way mirror

My friend and I were taking shifts on that game shortly after it came out and he had the controller at that point. When the licker jumped through the window, he bounded from an indian style seated position from in front of the couch to behind the couch, sending the controller flying straight into the air. I jumped and grabbed for the controller, catching it like Claire catches her pistol in the CV intro, held down the R1 button to aim the shotgun, then frantically mashed the run button while screaming "HE'S NOT SHOOTING!" A lick and a leap later, we were dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikovich View Post
                        They don't look the same, stop it!

Its funny if you think of it that way. I am going to call salazar sherry from now on and you can't do a thing about it.
                        stop being a tight-ass. and im not the only one who notices the similarities. so you just don't have a sense of humor.

Comment

Lick my tight ass, they don't look the same. I'm sure there's more than one Linkin Park fan, but that doesn't mean they don't suck nuts.

I have a sense of humor, just not an awful one.
                          Last edited by Nikovich; 11-10-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I was just wondering where Sherry was in Resident Evil 4, until it dawned on me he was joking. OhhKay

Anyways. I believe there is two kinds of Terrifying Moments in video games. The ones where stuff suddenly jumps out at you, such as the named Licker that dives through the one-way mirror in the interigation room in Resident Evil2, and there there is the Terrifying moment that has the build up to it. Like you know what's gonna happen but it's disturbing. To me that was meeting the first Hunter in the orginal Resident Evil. All through the game I heard of the Hunters but I had never before-hand new what they looked liked or what they could do. So it was more of that old saying about "Monsters of your mind are scarier that than the ones you see." The part where the first Hunter is coming after you and you see through his eyes. That part scared the hell outta me!!

Comment

RE1- when first time playing, the video which shows the hunter comingDogs jumping out from the windows.
                              REmake- zombie coming out from the bath, Lisa Trevor incounters.
                              RE2- all the times MrX appearing (especially when he breaks the monitor camera)
                              RE3- can I just say I get uncomfortable everytime when Nemesis is following me from location to location?
                              RECVX- I dont think theres anything scaring me.
                              RE4- Regenerators or how to spell them
                              Lol Salazar is a cutie "misteeeeer Kennedyyy"

Comment

Working...
                              X