Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid, annoying, dumb, crappy PC problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid, annoying, dumb, crappy PC problems!

Hi everyone,
    I'm at the end of my rope with these stupid PC Resident Evils. My problems:

RE1 runs way too fast, and I'm using 98! I thought this only happened on XP, but I was sadly goddamn wrong. What a piece of shit! I'm so angry with the game for doing this. What breaks on XP, should stay on XP. Anyway, does anyone know of a way to fix this? (It only happened last week, it ran fine before that for some reason).

RE3 seems to be randomly crashing on the main story and in Mercenaries. I exit the menu or I go through a door, and run the risk of the game crashing and forcing me to reboot my computer! I need a solution bad, before my l33t skillz (nerdy, I know) at speedrunning go to shit.

PLEASE HELP ME!

(P.S: Strangely, RE3 runs fine on XP if you do all the things you have to do to get the game to run. I just find it crap that it fucks up on the Windows version that it was made for.)

About RE1, you must slow down your computer to run the game correctly. Here's a site with several programs that help running old games on new computers: http://www.geocities.com/kulhain/

Of course there still could be some problems with the game. I know I can't, for example, run it with 3D accelerate, so I'm stick with 320x240 resolution :/.

About RE3 though, I can't help, because the game runs fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
      About RE1, you must slow down your computer to run the game correctly. Here's a site with several programs that help running old games on new computers: http://www.geocities.com/kulhain/

Of course there still could be some problems with the game. I know I can't, for example, run it with 3D accelerate, so I'm stick with 320x240 resolution :/.

About RE3 though, I can't help, because the game runs fine for me.
      Thanks for all the slow-down programs (now I have a collection!), but the problem is that it isn't consistently fast. Only in cutscenes and a second or two when playing. Also, like in XP, the game freezes when Barry's meant to follow you back to the dining room. Shit, I hate these problems.

Comment

Working...
      X