Alone in the Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone in the Dark

I am very fond of Alone in the Dark, but there aren't many people who are big fans of the series.

I have every game in the series released so far and I must say, they are very well made. But for some reason, my copy of the first game doesn't seem to have any volumne control.

I first got into the games midway into 2001, after buying The New Nightmare. At the time, I thought it was actually better than Resident Evil. Well, the older releases anyway...

I longed for a proper sequel, and although one is coming out soon, I have my doubts about it being a horror game. Some of it looks more like a pilot episode of 24 or something. The graphics do look impressive though, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for any updates on it.

i dont like it being in a park really, i really like Alone in the dark N.N but i don't think i'll be buying this right away. The graphics look gr8, but the storyline is yet to be seen. i really like the last one where you can be two ppl, and see the story from their point of view, i wished they did the same with this game. but i prefer project zero (fatel frame) to this game.

Comment

I never really got into the New Nightmare. It's probably because I'm stuck in the mindset of other games I own but I found it akward and, from what of the storyline I could get, dull as dishwater and horribly predictable.

Sadly, I haven't played the others. I've heard the first is awesome and the second and third...well, zombie pirates and cowboys?

Comment

The new one has been in the works for a while now...
        The only one I have is 'the New Nightmare'. I thought it looked pretty impressive at the time but I remember my first time playing I got stuck in a wall
        No matter what I did I couldn't move (I couldn't even see myself!)
        A few days later I was playing again and the same thing happened in a different place! I've got a huge collection of games and when it happened the 2nd time I just thought F**k this, I'll play something else.
        I've never returned to it...

Comment

come to think of it i may go back to NNM, but i have r.e 4 on wii and assassins creed to complete atm

Comment

Well, I picked up the AITD trilogy for $10 (I think; it was about 8 years ago), and I managed to finish all of them with a little help from my best friend gamefaqs.com. Great games. Also, DarkMoon, the cowboys and pirates thing works well. The pirates aren't zombies, by the way. Just crazy-ass guys.

Edit: Found my trilogy

Here!
            Last edited by Helegad; 11-16-2007, 10:44 PM.

Comment

The first AITD was my real first horror Of course now they all look rather funny.
              I was expecting a lot from "The new nightmare" but after playing it for a couple of hours I felt that there is something really missing, despite the nice graphics and athmosphere.I hope they will come up with something original in the new game.

Comment

I liked the first game and AitD4: New Nightmare for DC/PSX
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Am I allowed to post up my AITD trilogy in ISOs so people who haven't played it can do so? Is that against the rules?

Comment

Well, can I?

Comment

I don't think that would be allowed here since its still piracy even though they're old games.

Comment

They should be freeware by now. Did you know that id is still selling Wolf3D? Look at their website.

Comment

I watched the tv series as a kid and I played AITD4 psx hacked version which had a intro made by paradox I think.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                            They should be freeware by now. Did you know that id is still selling Wolf3D? Look at their website.
                            Oh I knew that. Kinda like how 3D Realms lets you download Duke 1 and 2 etc.. those games are rather old as well like the original Alone In The Dark games but since they're still selling the Wolfenstein games why would Alone In The Dark be freeware? both games are about the same age.
                            Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                            I watched the tv series as a kid and I played AITD4 psx hacked version which had a intro made by paradox I think.
                            Alone In The Dark? Or Wolfenstein?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                              Oh I knew that. Kinda like how 3D Realms lets you download Duke 1 and 2 etc.. those games are rather old as well like the original Alone In The Dark games but since they're still selling the Wolfenstein games why would Alone In The Dark be freeware? both games are about the same age.

Alone In The Dark? Or Wolfenstein?
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Are_You...%3F_(TV_series)
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X