Assassin's Creed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin's Creed

Ok i bought this game today, and i have to say it may make game of the year, along with halo 3. It's like hitman with splinter cell but has a better storyline. I've only played for 4 hours, so i'm still a long way to completing it. I just wanted to know if anyone on the forum has bought this game and what console and version.
    I got the game on the 360 and got the collectors edition version, where you got a 12 inc figure of the main Assassin. I also got a free hoodie with the big A on the front, which is quite nice. I had to also buy the guide book, because it looked nice because that was also a collectors edition, plus you got a free art book, which is also interesting to read or even draw from. So get back to me, even tell me your storys or tips. Thanks all

I have to admit im not liking the plot so much but for what it is its a very good game.
    However to be honest Super Mario Galaxy will take game of the year, or at least it should.
    I got the 2nd Limited edition with the 10 inch Altaír figure.
    Halo 3 was horrendous with exception to its online play.

Check Gametrailers.com for the side by side comparison with the PS3, I have to say the PS3 build looks horrendous next to the 360 version.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I have to say the PS3 build looks horrendous next to the 360 version.
      I wouldn't say horrendous, but it's definately not as good. For one thing, the PS3 version has some jaggies here and there. Textures aren't as good (this is basically what seperates the PS3 from the 360) and there *seems* to be less overall clarity/colour, but that could just be me.
      Last edited by News Bot; 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

You have the PS3 version?
        I know that the Gametrailers thing looked heavily biased towards the 360 version but im interested to know about framerates more then anything, I heard that the PS3 has a steadier framerate but from all footage i've seen this points to the contrary, any thoughts?

Comment

I've read many conflicting opinions. Gamespot says both versions are great, with the ps3 having a slightly better frame rate but IGN says the ps3 version is crap with a frame rate so bad that it ruins the gameplay. I don't understand how the 2 biggest, most popular game sites on the net can have such radically different views (?!).
          All game reviews are just 'someones' opinion so I never take them as gospel but I don't understand how they can disagree about frame rates.

I'm considering getting Assassin's Creed but now leaning more towards Uncharted. I liked the demo, with the aiming similar to RE4. There's a number of nice looking games out and soon to come. COD4 looks cool but I hear, very short.
          I also still wanna get Heavenly Sword. I know it's short too but it looks spectacular and the 2nd demo (from the Japan PSN store) has sold me. Controlling those arrows in slow-mo is damn fun (I've also got the hots for Nariko the female lead...)

Comment

BlimBlim posted up a video comparison between the two. Its pretty short but its enough to show that the 360 was the lead platform. The PS3 has some tearing and framedrops, so I'd go with the 360. Can't say I noticed any texture differences in the video, just some contrast differences which can be chalked up to the different default outputs of the systems.

I'll probably pick up the PC version when its released, I have a stack of games I want to try before it anyway.

Comment

I got the 360 version yesterday and I haven't had much time to play it yet, but what I have played I love. It's so stylish! Controls took a little getting used to initially, especially when it threw them all at me at the start.

I've heard about, first hand from a friend as well, that the PS3 version crashes on the loading screens... Happened to a friend twice...

Comment

Some guy on Neogaf says that the crashing was fixed with the 2.01 firmware update, though I really doubt that.

I hear when it crashes you can still rotate the camera around and such. No idea if it eventually comes back but still, really sloppy testing on Ubisofts part. Especially when you consider they were going to run lead platform (or at least put that illusion up) before that scandal broke where they were playing it on a 360 XD

Comment

Yeah apparently it's as though it's still loading with the crash - everything is operational, it just never loads the next screen.

Comment

well reading the posts here, im glad i chose 360 then
                    its really hard for me to get ps3 games that are also on the xbox, because xbox are cheaper and i like haveing gamer points for completing tasks. i'm trying to unlock everything on A.C, i'm working on killing 100ppl without getting killed.

Comment

haha good luck with that one ;D

Comment

its a pain atm, but i'll get it done b4 bed time
                        btw i know one person has got the statue figure version, but has anyone else?
                        and what do you think of it?
                        i think it was very detailed and looks brill

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                          Some guy on Neogaf says that the crashing was fixed with the 2.01 firmware update, though I really doubt that.

I hear when it crashes you can still rotate the camera around and such. No idea if it eventually comes back but still, really sloppy testing on Ubisofts part. Especially when you consider they were going to run lead platform (or at least put that illusion up) before that scandal broke where they were playing it on a 360 XD
                          On the UbiSoft forum they had no choice but to create a technical forum for complaints for predominantly the PS3 version, its estimated 80% of people who bought the game on PS3 have all the cutting/loading problems and freezing problems, and its reported following the 2.01 update the problems are still there just not as apparant mostly.

RANT ALERT!!!! *Includes Vulgarity, you have been Warned!*

Basically Ubisoft are fuckwits, they never Beta test anything, never run proper customer support and never patch games properly, happened with the Prince of Persia trilogy, happened with Splinter Cell : DA on all formats, and is now happening with Assassins Creed, as far as they are concerned the general release IS the beta, probably the worlds most expensive if you think about it.

Their complaints thread as of 2 hours ago was 60 pages long *having been made 2 days ago*, and NO one from the company has offered any feedback, nor are they answering to emails.

Funniest story I heard was an email from ubi saying for a PS3 user in regards to the freezing issue to check his memory card *EH PS3 doesn't have memory cards it has a hard drive -_-*, clean the disc, unplug the joypad *duh its wireless* and retry.
                          So their customer service crew consists of one/one handed blind mongoloid with a page of copy and paste replys to spout at angry users.

If I was a PS3 user i'd get a refund, don't give Ubisoft and Jade Raymond your money, and just for the record, why they're really pushing her as a female sex icon/producer for the game and why fanboys are whoring all over her is beyond me when she's had relatively fuck all input besides being on a TV game program and having a flashy computer engineering degree, OH WOW SHE HAS BOOBS AND LOOKS MODERATELY ATTRACTIVE!!!!, fuck off Ubisoft, grow a pair, fuck off Jade Raymond and fuck off anyone who doesn't want to kick a stink about a mediocre release which should have been tested on BOTH formats before release as they're problems on the 360 version too, I know i've encountered freezing twice on my gaming experience.

Ubisoft have always been the lords of gaming mediocrity, it just became more noticable from POP: Warrior Within onwards.

Comment

Comparisons aside, someone else I trust made it and apparently the PS3 version has a slight edge texture detail wise and loading time. Everything else goes to the 360, though I keep hearing the game is buggy on both platforms. Didn't play either version enough to know.. or care.

The Dude summed up my view on Ubisoft's Montreal studios. The sad part of it is that very few, if ANY, reviews made mention of the game's technical flaws across the spectrum.

The sad thing is that they'll do it again, and the masses will still get them.

Comment

No one seems to outwardly want to criticise Ubisoft, the only reason I can think of for this falls into the same vein as why many Film Journalists don't outwardly berrate bad films.

Production companies will simply turn around and go "alright screw you then you can't have any of our free merchandise or exclusive screenings/etc anymore"
                              Happened for the longest time with Aint it Cool News after berrating Warner Bros, when they got into their good graces and allowed into secret screenings and such, they haven't stopped sucking up to them since.

If a journalist had the balls to outwardly slaughter Assassins Creed for all its faults and declare the game unbuyable they'd probably *Ubi* hold on sending them free crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X