My problem with umbrella chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problem with umbrella chronicles

It's not very big. the game is still wonderful. but...
    Spoiler:

Is it still worth the purchase? RE3 was my favourite...

Comment

Yes
      It is still a great game
      Spoiler:

Comment

The 0 and Mansion Incident chapters are faithful and the bonus chapters are pretty cool.

On to the bad news
        yeah. Destruction of Raccoon 3 is a wash..
        Spoiler:

I'll keep thinking of the original games as such TYVM
        Last edited by UBCS; 12-21-2007, 06:58 PM.

Comment

The RE3 scenario was good, but it wasn't even portrayed as it happened in the game. The story for this mission also blew chunks as it wasn't even the same, or even close, to how RE3 had it. And where is Nicolai and the other Umbrella dudes? This scenario was a wash indeed, fun, but not as fun as it could have been.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

im sad to hear this, i had the end of month marked down for this game, and tbh i was only buying it for the r.e 3 part , btw i have seen no scenes for r.e 2 and no one on here says anything about r.e2 being in U.C

Comment

Well it looks as if there is a fifth scenario...
              Last edited by BLSR1; 11-22-2007, 11:35 AM.

Comment

The 5th scenario is HUNK's mission, called "4th Survivor". No RE2 stuff though.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Regarding the RE3 complaint: I don't think it was ever supposed to be an RE3 scenario. It's a Raccoon City scenario... It combines elements from various happenings in Raccoon City.
                  I quite like those 3 chapters and because I liked Outbreak it was nice to see things included from there.
                  And I don't think anyone should worry about things being cannon/non-cannon. The game is an arcade shooter, 'loosely' based on the real events. We all know the real story and RE-UC is just the story jumbled and changed for the arcade game. The same as RE-Gun Survivor 2 is 'based' on RE-CV (with the Nemi thrown in). You shouldn't take it too seriously...

I like the game but this is my 'problem':
                  The Wiimote isn't very precise. At least mine isn't. I've tried putting the sensor bar in different places but I find accuracy to be rather spasmodic.
                  Also, I've given up trying to find a good zapper alternative because the Wiimote dosn't actually appear where you point it. So the whole purpose of using a light gun is pointless. You can't aim down the barrel because the cross-hairs wont be pointing where you aim!
                  I read that Ghost Squad on the Wii has a calibration screen, so you can do what you do in every other light gun game (fire at a bullseye and calibrate your gun to exactly how you want it). But RE-UC dosn't have this feature. DUMB & DISAPPOINTING!
                  I would LOVE to use a Guncon2 for this game. It would be perfect! The A & B buttons on the barrel's sides could be used for pick up and knife, the C button on the bottom of the handle could be used for grenades and the little D-pad at the top of the handle could be used to adjust your view. AND you could actually aim and shoot (and do away with the need for the cross-hairs, like all light gun games).

Comment

Mine is fine. You calibrate in the system settings. Try not to be too close or too far.

Comment

Nope, I think you must have misunderstood what I meant.
                      I know you can adjust sensitivity etc. but nowhere on the Wii main menu or in the RE-UC options can you 'calibrate' the cursor (unless I've somehow missed it).
                      As I said in my previous post, this usually involves shooting at a bullseye in the center of the screen before the game or menu appears. You aim down the barrel of the light gun. Before you shoot you may see that your cross-hairs are a couple of inches to the left (or whatever) but after you shoot, the game makes the correction. You fire of a few more rounds into the bullseye to make sure, then press the button to start the game. Providing you remain sitting or standing in the same place, your gun stays 'calibrated' and you'll fire with precise accuracy.
                      I think Ghost Squad is the 1st Wii title to try this 'old school standard' system. But RE-UC does not. Hence my "Dumb & Disappointing' comment.
                      Because the zapper and all the alternatives that I've seen use the Wiimote as the 'gun barrel' you can easily see for yourself. Close 1 eye and hold the Wiimote up to your other (open) eye and make an imaginary straight line down the length of the Wiimote to your tv screen. You wont find the cursor at the end of it. So trying to use a zapper type gun is pointless.
                      It's not a problem to use just the Wiimote, watch the censor and move your hand around accordingly (which is how I've been playing it) but if you want to use a zapper or alternative it's a major issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X