Resident Evil: Umbrella's Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Umbrella's Archives

I had picked up this 30$ book today called the Umbrella Archives, it includes all of the Cannon games of the Umbrella Corporation.

It Covers 0,1,2,3, and CV as Cannon Umbrella games, it includes everything from Characters, Enemies, Story Line, Every single item, to detail about Umbrella, I got it as a part of the package of Umbrella Chronicals.

Its very cool, I have still much to read, but it was worth the buy. I'd say find it quick before its gone.

Pics tomarrow as Im tired and have to get into work at 6:30 am tomarrow

Just some teasers
    Last edited by Stars_g36; 11-17-2007, 10:27 AM.

Cool! I wish I had it. $30 USD?

Comment

Yup

Comment

I've wanted to get that for a while. I think I might have to do it.
        I got Biohazard Decade a while back. It's in Chinese but it's got lots of nice pics and came with a cool dvd. The dvd has scenes from the games and also some GREAT commercial promos for some of the games.
        Can anyone tell me if Archives is the same book, but in english?

Edit- Disregard. I just realized that it can't be the same book because it also covers RE4... There's also a few pages of concept art from 1.5. I can scan them and put them up if anyone's interested.
        There's some great concept and development art from all the games included.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Skunky; 11-17-2007, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Ill get a few pics up today for ya

Comment

Archives is old old old!

Anyways, from my understanding, there is the Japanese biohazard archives, and then there is Resident Evil archives, which is a translation, and published. I know some people don:t like what it saysy about some issues, but I take it to be mostly canon. I actually quite like the book as a quick go to reference. It's missing Wesker's reports but.

From what I understand biohazard decade is a Chinese bootleg? I read on a site, may even THIA that it]s poorly printed. But I could be wrong.
            sigpic

Comment

I did not know that...still pretty awesome, I found a few mistakes like U.B.C.S. was spelt as U.C.B.S. like 4 times on Carlos's page then corrected later in the paragraph...a very easy over looked mistake, other wise its like a year book reading through it ahaha. I still like it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                Archives is old old old!

Anyways, from my understanding, there is the Japanese biohazard archives, and then there is Resident Evil archives, which is a translation, and published. I know some people don:t like what it saysy about some issues, but I take it to be mostly canon. I actually quite like the book as a quick go to reference. It's missing Wesker's reports but.

From what I understand biohazard decade is a Chinese bootleg? I read on a site, may even THIA that it]s poorly printed. But I could be wrong.

yes. it is. it's a combination of bio archives, biohazard "the catalysis" dvd book and bio 4 japanese guides. so, everything in decade is scanned and reprinted and there are fanmade wallpapers and other stuff from internet, too
                the DVD contains material from "the catalysis" and the ada's report ripped from bio4 ps2 version

BTW. the print quality of biohazard archives is faaaar better than resident evil archives...
                Last edited by albert; 11-17-2007, 12:01 PM.

Comment

QUOTE=albert;16938]

BTW. the print quality of biohazard archives is faaaar better than resident evil archives...[/QUOTE]

Agree. I have both, but not the decade book.

When reading the last part of RE archives summary of the events of RE2, it says something like ''Warning a resident evil has been detected on this train'', so they've obviuosly gone through with a text editor telling it to replace every 'biohazard' with 'resident evil'.

Small gripes aside I actaully quite like the book
                  Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 11-17-2007, 12:09 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Decade is a bootleg? Wow... learn something new everyday.
                    There's certainly nothing wrong with the print quality. It's beautifully put together and looks great. I've spent ages just looking at all the pics and artwork but there's a heap of information that I'd like to be able to read.
                    I really want that english version of Archives that Stars has got but he got lucky finding it for $30. I've only seen it much more expensive.
                    Any other good books around?
                    I've got 'Research on Biohazard 2 final edition' and 'BioHazard Director's cut- Inside of Biohazard'... They have some good stuff but again, I can only enjoy the pictures because the text is all in Japanese.
                    One thing I don't like is how most of these books tend to largely ignore the Survivor and Outbreak games. I know many fans dismiss them as not being canon but personally, I've got no problem thinking of them as canon. Capcom themselves have shown links between them and the main games.
                    Things get very complicated with the Outbreak games, RE2 & RE3, with several events all happening at once but I think it's possible for them to all be canon.
                    I hope in the future there will be a book that includes EVERYTHING, from RE0 to RE5!!! With lots of detail and information (and in English).

Comment

I've seen this book many times on ebay and amazon and it goes for around £30 on ebay, so like $62 , so StArS was lucky getting it for $30. I'm really hoping that england will get something cool when getting U.C, like a book or somthing.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis_lover View Post
                        I've seen this book many times on ebay and amazon and it goes for around £30 on ebay, so like $62 , so StArS was lucky getting it for $30. I'm really hoping that england will get something cool when getting U.C, like a book or somthing.

Thanks, I even got it cheaper then that because of the Promotional cupons they used when I bought Umbrella Chronicals, so I got like for like half off along with the stratagey guide for Umbrella Chronicals...ahaha I paid about 80$ for all three items.

20$ strategy Guide
                        30$ Archives
                        60$ game

I saved 30$ so I can basically say I got it free w/ the purchase of UC and the strat guide The irony is that I told game crazy that this book is very rare and they looked at me like I was crazy and said are you sure...I told them I have never found this anywhere else...it was just a rare find that I got lucky with.
                        Last edited by Stars_g36; 11-18-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

When did this come out, about a year, year and a half ago? I picked up 2 copies at that time(also 1 copy of the Japanese version), which were going for around $45 on its release. Just looking on Amazon, prices new and used are anywhere from $98-149. ..what happened, it is out of print now?

I have that bootleg too, agreed, its pretty good with its presentation..plus, throwing in what is pretty much the Catalysis DVD as a bonus, it being a completely separate item as a legit product. Though you don't get the artwork book that came with the real Catalysis.

Comment

What about rebecca's status?

Is she dead?

Comment

no...i dont think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X