Does anyone but me like Survivor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone but me like Survivor?

I've noticed that pretty much everyone hates RE: Survivor. Unfair. I think it's the second best (next to RE3), because it's the most fun with an unlimited rocket launcher, and you can start out with a shit-load of weapons and ammo once you've beat the game a few times.

Does anyone agree with me?

(P.S: On a smaller note, it works really well on a PSX emulator on PC. Another good point.)

It has it's plusses. But the storyline isn't terribly interesting, it was dead easy to beat, a lot of the graphics were sub-par and it had no replayability unless you really wanna wander round shooting stuff. Non of the four branches in the storyline really excite, y'know?

Comment

Yeah, but...

I think it's the second best
      That's taking it way too far for me.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

It was 'okay', nothing spectacular. Maybe if they re-did it with todays graphics, cause using 3D/first person back then on the PSX, visually it sucked. At least you could move your character at will, unlike UC...glued to the ground to take a severe beating.

Comment

I like it! (as I've mentioned before on this forum)
          I thought it was visually pretty good for its time... (considering the added stress on the old ps1 of 1st person with light gun support)
          I think I'll always look back at it with affection. At the time I was still crazy about RE3 and was replaying & unlocking everything on RE1&2. It has the classic RE feel to it but with some new elements. Moving around with the guncon was a revolution and I loved it.
          I don't want to cause a riot but I think I enjoyed it more than RE-CV

Comment

I guess it's okay. BUT IT'S NOT THAT GOOD!

I don't like Code Veronica so Survivor is better.

Code Veronica is Gay, really really gay. Theres Steve. *Urg*. The whole Chris and Clair in love with each other vibe thing is gay. Then Theres Alfred. -_- With Alfred, the game then procedes to jump out of the closet in a pink tutu, dancing with sparklers, while singing broadway tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              Yeah, but...

"I think it's the second best"

That's taking it way too far for me.
              Well, I think that out of all the REs I've played.

Comment

to be honest i really loved this game too and have played it more the once. I liked the tyrant in this game, even more then the one in r.e1 and r.e 2. So if a remake was coming onto the wii, i'd be happy. Just ditch the annoying kids and you've got urself a gr8 game. In the pecking order R.E Surv comes maybe in 5th place.

Comment

Actually, I thought the kids were pretty good actors. I mean, I hate the kids in those cheap British police dramas, because they SUCK at acting, and that kid in Mr. Bean's Holiday, but the Survivor kids were pretty good in the storyline advancement.

Comment

I loved playing it

Comment

I couldn't get enough of it back in the day, absolutely loved it. Probably because me and my friend both played it all the time and always had a laugh, mostly by going around repeating to each other "I'm... Ark?!" and laughing at the bad acting involved.

But yeah, i have fond memories of it

Comment

I like the game, it's not the best out there, but it good for what it is.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

If only the game had better VA (it was horrible; in my opinion, even worse the original RE1) and better story (overall idea was good, but the story itself sucked) , the game would be good. Oh, and playing it on emulator allow you to get rid of all those big pixels, so the graphics looks a lot better.
                          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 11-21-2007, 03:42 AM.

Comment

hmmmm i kinda bought it today , used to play my friends version but decided to get my own, as i dont know that friend anymore and this convo made me want to relive this game again

Comment

Cool! Capcom should be paying me 10%, because I'm pretty much advertising RE: Survivor here Looks like it's working...

Comment

Working...
                              X