Phantom Gate Easter Egg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Gate Easter Egg

Anyone ever manage to through the phantom gate in RE2 without a walk through walls code? as far as i know the only way to view the gate is to start on easy difficulty and kill the two zombies on the footpath towards the rpd and stairs as they won't appear when you play it on normal difficulty then check the wall opposite the rpd doors and you'll see the gate which Jill goes though in re3 where she witnesses Brad getting killed by the nemesis.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

nothing shows up...ahhh!

Comment

IS IT REAL???

CAN YOU PLAY AS REBECCA?

WHEN IS THIS FROM?!?

Comment

this has my curiosty up...hmmm

Comment

I MUST FIND IT!

Comment

It's just a big lie :/ There's no Rebecca's model and textures on RE2 disc, so there's no Beccy as a character in the game.

Comment

I've seen the gate a few times, nothing special though. It's just an unused angle.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

It's like the rumour you can play as Akuma with a rocket launcher. Complete crap but there's just that little bit of supporting evidence to give it credence...

Of course, I suspect I'm partially responsible for this rumour showing up...since there is a way to play Rebecca in RE2. Download the Mod, Reqieum of Spies, and play away to your hearts content. I was the one who suggested Rebecca be in the mod. Mwuhahaha.

Comment

I saw the gate this morning, and there's not even text when you examine it.

Has anyone actually been beyond it? Even with using walk-through-walls?

Comment

Walk through walls will take you out side the gate, but the camera angle won't change.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Yeah, but is there another camera angle when you hit the edge of the screen outside the gate like normal? Maybe a hidden one?

Comment

All you have to do is go up to the gate and hit X, something needs to happen first though but i can't remember what
                        Last edited by rewak; 11-24-2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

No, I've tried it. To see the angle, it seems you have to first kill the two zombies taking a stroll on the garden path. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Comment

Hm, well whatever you do, you don't play as Becca. I love all these crazy rumors that used to get printed before the internet was common place. Wasn't there another, you could play as Akuma or something?

Comment

Im so gonna have to try this...I had no idea. Does it matter which resident evil 2 version is used to see the gate.
                              Last edited by Stars_g36; 11-24-2007, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X