• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil: Cold Blood

This is a co op mod for half life 1.

it's kinda dead right now Undecided

SO YOU SHOULD ALL PLAY! Cheesy

On a server. if you die just say /respawn.

It can be difficult, think "Resident evil survivor" but better.

It's kinda fun, doesn't lag much. the only problem is variety in levels there are about 6 that I know of. But if you all spread the word and more people play then levels will be made.

And the game is released. The team would like to say a great big "thank you" to everyone who has supported us throughout the development, and especially to the last minute people who were bearing with us when the upload was delayed by 20 minutes...

so if you have the steam version of half life 1 please download this and start to play.
    supposedly the 2nd beta will be released soon. Which looks to be an improvement.

I might play generally between 5:00-8:00. PM me if you want to organize for a match.

I have this game, I like the Umbrella Lab level the best. Those Hunters are tough n there.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Sounds interesting...
      This thread reminded me of 'Cold Fear'. I thought you were talking about a hybrid of the 2. CF is 'a bit' like RE4, laser-sight aiming included. I played through about half of it before losing interest. It's not bad...
      There was also a ps1 game called 'In Cold Blood' which was pretty good for the time.
      Completely irrelevant facts, I just thought I'd share...

Edit: On a more relevant note, has anyone played around with the level editor on 'Time Splitters 3: Future Perfect'?
      It's fantastic for anyone who's ever been interested in making their own games. There are a few zombie levels in the main game, so you can use all the character models and scenery from those when making your own game. I spent hours & hours putting together and play testing my own 'RE level'. You can have locked doors, place keys to open those particular doors, switches to perform actions, choose & place all the enemies... basically do everything you want! The only down side is that you can max-out the memory, so you can only have the level so big, with so many enemies and items ect... I recreated the mansion with 5 stories including the basement and underground caves and an outdoor area where you start with a massive zombie invasion (you can choose spawn points for enemies & how many times they spawn), with gun turrets placed and I even had a buggy you could get into drive around and run them all down. It's great fun to mess around with...
      I think you can share levels online but I've never tried it out.
      Last edited by Skunky; 11-23-2007, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Ah, glad to see people still enjoy the mod.

Comment

So wait, this doesn't run on the CD version? =/ That's all I have

Comment

Originally posted by lanaka View Post
            So wait, this doesn't run on the CD version? =/ That's all I have
            No, you MUST have the Steam version.

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Go there, install the Steam client and set up an account. You can add your Half Life CD Key to steam and, just like magic, you'll have a Steam version of Half Life.

Comment

Oh, I can use my CD key to install the Steam version? No need to purchase a copy off of there? That's cool. I'll have to do that. Thanks!

Comment

i remember seeing this awhile ago, guess i'll have to download

Comment

I'm updating Steam now! I'm glad installation wasn't too big...

Looking forward to playing Half-Life Cold Blood!

Comment

I beat both the old maps and the new maps with one friend in a period of a few hours. The problem with cold blood is you can't use your mic and the maps are way too easy. After beating them the game is utterly pointless and boring.

Comment

beta 2 is getting closer and closer. My friend has played it and said it fixes many of the problems, and has many more maps. (ex: exact replica for RPD)

2 days ago it was showing a lot of life. I played with 5 people.

Comment

Wow, I put my Half-Life GOTY CD Key into Steam and now it says that I have a Platinum Pack CD Key and it's letting me download:

Half-Life
                        Blue Shift
                        Opposing Force
                        Counter-Strike
                        Day Of Defeat
                        Deathmatch Classic
                        Ricochet
                        Team Fortress Classic

All for free!

Nice value for a $15 game, eh?
                        Last edited by Helegad; 12-07-2007, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                          beta 2 is getting closer and closer. My friend has played it and said it fixes many of the problems, and has many more maps. (ex: exact replica for RPD)

2 days ago it was showing a lot of life. I played with 5 people.
                          The RPD map will not be in the final release. It was simply there for testing stuff.

Comment

Now there are no servers up... ?

Comment

Yeah, I loaded up Cold Blood for the first time today, and there's no-one else playing
                              Last edited by Helegad; 12-12-2007, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X