RE 2 movie Was horrable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE 2 movie Was horrable.

Before I jump into this hell. I want to point some thing out.

Paul.W.A. Wrote and directed Mortal Kombat

Paul.W.A. Wrote and directed Resident Evil

Pual W.A. Wrote Resident Evil 2

Paul W.A Wrote Mortal Kombat 2

Notice that he only writes the squeals, not directs. And it just so happens that thesequals are bad enough to make you hate the first one almost. But the first one's were decent...but no where great. They had so much protentail. Hopely I hear some one brought the rights to start a next RE trilogy...but never believe what you read on the net.

Any ways...this movie sucked. I thought the frist one went of the true RE story line, well this one changed it completely!. Nemesis isn't a good guy. It's a hunter! WTF. I mean that movie went to hell and got so rediculous. Well it was better then house of the dead. But still they shouldn't of did like they did. You know you don't have to make a RE movie just like the game, but you can't make it to were it doesn't follow the boundies the game has already set. If you do your just doing some thing else with the same title name. DIE PAUL ANDERSON DIE!

Please "Silent Hill" save out game movies!!!

Personally, I liked most of the movies you listed as movies, but not as game movies. They did ok think. Mortal Kombat was definately half decent, but I didn't quite enjoy AVP.

Comment

AvP was awful...But the movies were alright. I went in knowing they wouldnt tie in with the games and had a blast seeing Nemesis on the screen. RPD..all of it was great. It was an entertaining movie.

Comment

IMO, AvP wasn't aweful, it had a nice story, decent action etc.. it was just too damn SHORT !!!..

god damn anderson should have made the movie ATLEAST 20 minutes longer to expand on the story, how exactly did the predators found/start breeding aliens etc etc.

and as for the RE movies, they're both horrible but atleast Apocalypse was much better then the first RE. The nemesis in it sucked though, nemesis is meant to be a Bio monster, not a controller robotic monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
          AvP was awful...But the movies were alright. I went in knowing they wouldnt tie in with the games and had a blast seeing Nemesis on the screen. RPD..all of it was great. It was an entertaining movie.
          Yeah, I am pretty much where you are

Comment

I was quite looking forward to Apocalypse until I seen the leaked video footage of the Nemesis/Alice fight. I would have enjoyed it alot more if the guy at least moved a little like Nemesis did. Who would of guessed Nemesis was a boxer right? I also didn't like the way Jill was portrayed but if you can get beyond the Resident Evil connection (or lack there off) and just take it as entertainment then it is fairly enjoyable and harmless enough.

I don't think Anderson wrote either of the Mortal Kombat movies. I read awhile back that he was attached to the long delayed third movie but that all seems to have gone quiet.

Comment

He did direct the first Mk. Not sure about the 2nd one. But they are planning on doing a 3rd one. It's an offical movie planning for production. Pretty cool they're getting the orginal cast for it. Search a few movies sites and look it up. Compare the cast of the 3rd to the 1st.

Comment

I still watch RE2 for the simple fact of URBAN ZOMBIE ACTION. And the music isn't half bad.

We need more of that! Even Land of the Dead didn't satisfy as much, although that movie rocked some socks.

Comment

land of the dead now that was a bigger let down than apocalypse
                  Last edited by RuStY; 10-24-2005, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Land had a horrible ending, very unsatisfying. I never even botherd to watch the RE2 movie, I mean, its hard for me, beacause I am a huge BH fan and I notice all the things he changes and how he tried to have a mansion and all that, to someone who isnt an RE fan those movies were probably nice, didnt the RE movies do quite well in the box office?

Comment

It was okkay, in my opinon, but the ending super sucked, i mean Nemisis is not suppose to be a pussy!

Originally posted by Saint_Eve
                      Land had a horrible ending, very unsatisfying. I never even botherd to watch the RE2 movie, I mean, its hard for me, beacause I am a huge BH fan and I notice all the things he changes and how he tried to have a mansion and all that, to someone who isnt an RE fan those movies were probably nice, didnt the RE movies do quite well in the box office?
                      I wanna watch that movie.

Comment

Anderson didn't write the second MK movie (which was what made it seem like just maybe the RE movies were gonna be okay.) but he did write the first and at the time I thought that was killer. So thought it was a grate thing that he was gonna be doing the resident evil ones.

It really wasn't.

Think with Anderson, at least in my opinion is that everything looks nice. Is very showy, nice and bright but lacks in anything else. You got the big guns, the sterile white labs, awesome special effects, good music and it's all pounding chests and adrenaline rush. But the story and the characters are so weak. Alice was a travesty and Jill was just useless towards the end. And Nemesis was kick boxing. Can't understand how you can make him be NOT scary. Yet he did.

What I want to know, what keeps me up at night... how the hell did they get that wall up around the city? Suddenly in a cloud of brown coloured smoke Raccoon City was fenced in? Just everyone went to bed one night and got up in the morning and found that they couldn't leave?

Did anyone else start crying when Alice was attacked with the chaingun totting helicopter ala CV? I know it was supposed to be a hommage but it was horribly done. Think that for me was the worst part, the bit when I knew that this moving was utterly without any redeaming features. Well done Anderson you watched the introductions to the games. Your dedication to researching your series blows my mind.

Ick.

Comment

haha, we've had so many threads on every different incantation of THIA boards on this topic, I love it. I stand by my guns and say, "yeah, I enjoyed both movies." Could they have been a million times better, fuckyes. But it was a MOVIE (loosely) based upon my favorite series of games EVAR, Resident Evil. I love zombie movies, always have. And they are forever losing their horror aspect and gaining the flashy action special-effects syndrome. But it's another form of RE merchandise to ad to my almost-impressive collection.

Comment

RE2(Movie) really sucked cuz' wtf happened to Nemmy? In RE3 he was this Badass Shit-In-Your-Pants-If-I-Appear Monster... then, in RE2Movie, is this big plastic thing, that has a heart and its touched by his former esque-girlfriend Alice? Next time use a freaking zombie bunny, that would be scarier...

My hopes now are on Doom... hope is not another fiasco like the RE Movies...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                            X