Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel vs. Capcom 2

[size=5]Marvel vs. Capcom 2[/size]

[size=2]A[/size] [size=1]few weeks ago while working, via Gamestop, i came across a game named Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the Playstation 2. The name automatically sounded familiar, as i had played a title similar a few years back.[/size]

[size=2]T[/size][size=1]o my suprise, the price of the game appeared very expensive. A used copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was running for $70.00 USD! Initially, the idea crossed my mind that the price tag was wrong; I asked my supervisor and he began to explain the title was considered a rare game, due to the small amount of copies made. On top of the price, the game lacked its original case and game-art... I asked myself, "who would buy a used copy of a game that cost more then most new Playstation 2 games?"[/size]

I remain curious as to why there were a limited number of copies made, and why such a game would run for so much used.
    [size=1]So get to posting, and hook me up with the 411[/size]
    Yes, $70.00 USD is without a doubt a fair price.
    10.00%
    No, it's price as a collectable should greatly decrease.
    80.00%
    **Not here; reply with your opinion and a detailed explanation.**
    10.00%

I dunno why its so expensive here, but its uber-rare in the UK too from what i've gathered, took me 3 months of used game store searching to find it as a present for a mate's birthday, then his housemates after an arguement key'd the disc so it was unusuable, so it took me ages to find another copy.

Comment

I just looked up all the Gamestops within my area theres a large amount of stores that carry multiple copies of the game.

>> VOICE YOUR OPINION: vote or nemesis will dominate you, don't forget what he did to poor old Brad...
      Last edited by MonstaR; 11-30-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

odd.

I love the game. but...not that much. Beware. Ebay could probably get you it much cheaper.

Comment

I vote no, even when I bought the games here, I only spent 15-20 for each

Comment

Well obviously you can tell what i voted, no of course. What ignorant would spend that much on a game that has pretty much already lost its collectible value

Comment

From what I hear, there was licensing issues between Capcom and Marvel. Capcom lost the license for Marvel, to EA and as such no more copies of MvsC2 could be produced, thus making it's availability very very low.

Actually now I remember I have Carn's copy >_>

Comment

Ah, i appreciate the explanation. But even with that said the game should not run for 100 dollars on ebay and 70 in gamestop.

Comment

I have 2 for the PS2, one is open and the other is sealed. I got it on the xbox as well. Got em when it came out. What a great game!! I don't know if I would pay $70 though. I got mine for $35 new on eBay when they came out...
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Yeah I saw it run for around $200 on eBay one time. It was most likely the Dreamcast version.

Hell if you think that is expensive, Resident Evil (for PSX) ran on eBay for a whopping $900 one time -- factory sealed.

Personally I liked the first Marvel Vs. Capcom game better. Mostly because of the automatic combo system it had in the options menu, not only that but the overall game/menu quality is better than the second IMO. Truly the only reason I bought the second is because of Jill being a playable character in the game.
                    Last edited by VirusPunk; 12-02-2007, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I have the PS2, Xbox, and Dreamcast copies. Bought them all for $20 when they first came out ;).

Comment

I vote the third option, mainly because the PS2 is simply the worst version available. The XBOX Version controls a little better, but the Dreamcast version is simply the best. Plus, if you don't want to spend the cash at the moment but still have a DC, you can always "legally" obtain a CD-R copy of your own ;D

Plus, the DC version outputs to progressive, albeit through VGA, but still, it's the best looking version and afaik has the best controls too. Don't waste your money on the PS2 version, considering it's the most expensive version and worst one...

Comment

Working...
                        X