Cooking tips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking tips!

Yay, I'm bored so I thought I'd start off a topic revolving around cooking. Got any recipies or tips you'd like to share? Post 'em here!

My pizza tip:

If you're reheating pizza, sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top before you put it in the microwave/oven. It tastes heaps better!

My pancake tip:

Always put either sugar or maple syrup on pancakes. They're my favourite toppings!

My 'got the munchies?' tip:

If you're feeling munchie, crunchie on some Nutri Grain pieces (without milk). It keeps you occupied and feeling full! Yay!

my tip: have curry noodels with chicken breast, along with pitta bread. Also have pasta with lee and perens (think that's how it's spelt) sauce in with the sauce. That's all i can think of at this time

Comment

My tip: Throw the microwave out the window. It'll be funny and any food you cook will taste much better when cooked by an actual oven.

Comment

Lol, microwaves are actually faster than ovens, you know. Besides, how are you meant to cook 2 minute noodles in an oven?

Comment

On the stove.

I'm a trained chef, so Microwaves tend to annoy me. I can gurantee anything you can cook in a microwave I can cook better. Yes, it'll take me longer, but my food is worth the wait.

A cautionary tale: my older brother is seeing a plastic surgeon due to microwave inflicted wounds. He made the foolish mistake of putting a bowl of soup in to heat up. He pulls it out and...bang! Hot soup to the face. Those nukeing bastards are out to get us, I tell ya.

On the plus side, they are useful for killing zombies.

Comment

Tombstone pizzas

1. Preheat your oven to 425 F. While waiting, take this time to add some salt and pepper on top and feel free to evenly distribute the pepperonis. I say this because a lot of times when you open them you'll notice that the pepperonis will be more on one side then the other.

2. When preheat goes off turn your oven back down to 400 F and place pizza in. I would set the timer for about 25 mins.

3. Your looking for a golden color along the side of the crust. The top of the pizza will still look slightly frozen, this is when broil comes into play. Turn your broil on high and closely monitor it. We will stand next to the oven in monitor it for a minute or two by this point the cheese will be bubbling, or in my case the cheese has started to darken because i like mine extra cooked. BTW if you never over cooked a tombstone do it, my dad and i always do it and its AMAZING.

Finally, if your a single male and lacking cash you're definitely going to want to cut it the single man method. This just means we are going to cut the pizza in squares rather then slices, it will last for more then one meal this way. Basically just cut it into a grid-like design.

And eat up.... its amazing btw. My dad lived off of them when he was broke and in his 20s.... now its my turn

Comment

Nemesis_lovers lovley food show: Hello and welcome, while im not writing on forums or playing computer games, i'm cooking and with my fun idea in this post, you'll be cooking as well. Item to cook today is no other then..........toast . Ok so toast, i'm guessing you're all saying "yeah i've made toast since i was 3, i know what i like on it" etc, well yeah you go and make your toast, but would it be diffrent each time you make it? This is where nemesis lover comes in, i shall explian how to make toast with pictures on :O, here goes: FIRST GET SOME BREAD, WE ALL KNOW BROWN IS BEST, BUT IM GUESSING MOST PPL LIKE WHITE, BUT BROWN WOULD LOOK BETTER AT THE END. SECOND LAY THE BREAD DOWN ON A PLATE OR CLEAN SURFACE. THRID HEAD TO THE SINK AND FILL A SMALL GLASS OF WATER AND HEAD BACK TO YOUR BREAD. FORTH YOU REMEMBER PAINTING IN SCHOOL, WELL THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO RELIVE THOSE FOUND TIMES, GET YOU INDEX FINGER (this is the finger you would have on the button F or J on you keyboard) tbc ran out of room here

Comment

As a person who's enjoying the pleasure of traveling the world, I've many times had the joy of eating at many fantastic places (and a huge share of not so fantastic ones too, or fantastic in a very wrong type way).

But so far, my favorite places are always buffet places.

Why?

You can experiment with food in ways you'd never ever do at home!

Like this major epic discovery in food:

Pancakes w/chicken nuggets and whipped cream!

Nicely fit your pancake on your plate, apply a layer of some whipped cream (yum), then nicely line up the chicken nuggets on your pancake and roll it all up.
                Bring out that knife'n fork and dig in!

Since I'm not much of a jam person, I can't tell you if blueberry jam or cranberry jam goes well with this (or for that matter, any other thing you find common to put on your pancakes), so try to experiment with that part at your own risk (and please do feel free to enlighten us on your research on that front)

Comment

What the fuck

I might try it sometime. Pretty sure it's REALLY good for you too. =P

Comment

Living alone, initially cooking was a bit of a novelty but it soon gets old. I've got a few stir-fry and pasta dishes I can do but I find it a pain in the ass to wash up.
                    Here's one that I like to call "Poor Man's Tacos"
                    You'll need a jaffle iron or as you Americans would call it a 'sandwich maker' (for toasted sandwiches), a can of chilli-con-carne, a loaf of bread and butter or margarine.
                    Method: butter the bread and put 2 slices in sandwich maker (butter side down). Open can and use contents to put on bread. Put 2 more slices of bread (butter side up) on top, close lid and heat until golden brown.
                    Yes, now you too can enjoy the taste of Mexico at home.
                    Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                      Living alone, initially cooking was a bit of a novelty but it soon gets old. I've got a few stir-fry and pasta dishes I can do but I find it a pain in the ass to wash up.
                      Here's one that I like to call "Poor Man's Tacos"
                      You'll need a jaffle iron or as you Americans would call it a 'sandwich maker' (for toasted sandwiches), a can of chilli-con-carne, a loaf of bread and butter or margarine.
                      Method: butter the bread and put 2 slices in sandwich maker (butter side down). Open can and use contents to put on bread. Put 2 more slices of bread (butter side up) on top, close lid and heat until golden brown.
                      Yes, now you too can enjoy the taste of Mexico at home.
                      Enjoy.
                      damn man i'm from texas... you don't have the slightest clue about mexican food lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol
                        Pancakes w/chicken nuggets and whipped cream!
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

It's the meal of a true king!
                          (Or anyone who feels that self-inflicted heart attack is the way to go and OD-ing on béarnaise isn't awesome enough)

Now it just struck me, if I ever get around to having the chance to make a 3rd strike on that epic meal, I shall search for the béarnaise

(And oh, yeah, whenever I get home for Christmas, I shall try to dig out the pictures I took of this fantastic feast)

Comment

Before baking Chicken Kiev, cut a small slit in the top and push just a few pieces of shredded mozzarella cheese inside. It tastes awesome!

Comment

yay a cooking topic!

this is my favorite marinade for chicken:

white wine (i use pinot grigio)
                              rosemary, i use mine from my garden but dried stuff is good too
                              crushed garlic
                              olive oil
                              lemon juice (don't really need to but i like em lol)
                              and salt

anyway marinate the chicken in that for a night and then broil, bake, grill or whatever to it. usually when i'm done baking a chicken i'll save the stock because that's good to make soup out of if you have leftover chicken.
                              Last edited by SinValentine; 12-26-2007, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X