PAL Wii Warranty on Foriegn European Consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAL Wii Warranty on Foriegn European Consoles

Alright, im contemplating ordering a Wii for christmas, as there doesn't appear to be any UK Wiis in stock anywhere im being forced to go foriegn, as theres tons abroad in Europe.
    Despite these being PAL, should it bugger up like I know Wii's can do, will I be able to send this to the UK Nintendo Branch if the warranty's intact? Or am I as screwed with a broken console as I would be with a US one?

Honestly, you'll have to ring Nintendo and ask. I had a quick mooch through my warranty and didn't see anything like that mentioned. However, the Wii is one of those that comes packed with eight tougnes in the intructions and such, and you select which one you want on the console too. There shouldn't be a problem since it's PAL where ever you get it, and most likely the exact same system with a different price tag.

Comment

Yeah with exception to the adapter *which you can just buy a new plug cord for on the cheap* its the same console, I assume its the same as the UK warranty but the bloody Nintendo Europe site is down for maintainance right now -_-

Comment

The way I look at it is that if it's still within Europe then how can they turn around and stop you. For all they know you might have lived in the country you brought it from and then moved. As long as the console hasn't been opened or tampered with and doesn't break it's standard terms for coverage I can't see why they'd turn around and tell you you can't get it sorted.

Comment

Yeah, good point.
          I ordered off Amazon.de, basically the germans have hundreds of thousands of consoles as they were over allocated by Nintendo Europe, and since Nintendo aren't willing to send them to UK *cause it means changing their power adapters from a 2 plug to the british standard 3 pin plug* Germany can't sell them either *which they want too*

Comment

well i assume that as long as its a PAL console, if i goes wrong they'll fix it, it says nothing about it in the manuals.

Comment

God, why not have just universal power outlets?

Comment

Beats me, different standards in power really, Europe pretty much shares the same power standards but the UK and other former british colonies has the 3 pin system so its safer.

Just a further point to add I saw a news bulletin about English ordering German and French consoles *which games stores are also reccomending because few places in the UK have them, I went to a gamestation in London who had them in stock and you have to be a rewards member as well as purchase their 280-300 pound bundle offer to buy one, you can't buy them separately*

Comment

Yeah safer in the fact we have an extra earth but most stuff now is self earthed anyway like consoles and power tools in theory the 130V power drop should be safer cos they use it on building sites over here as an extra safety measure even though we still use 240v in mains.
                  Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-08-2007, 09:06 AM.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X