Xbox 1 owners w/ Restless Dreams..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 1 owners w/ Restless Dreams..

I'm looking for some help. If anyone here has a Xbox 1 with Restless Dreams can you confirm a few things for me? Its for an upcoming feature.

Do peoples limbs tend to twitch a bit during cutscene animations when moving?

Does James' light shine through his back as well (casts a light source both in front and in back of him)?

Are there ever any texture errors, where some will be pure white and others will be completely wrong (IE street lights on a garden wall or something)?

Do cutscenes sometimes hitch for a second while the Xbox reads the disc during angle changes?

If anyone can answer these with first hand experience that would be great. It will help me during an upcoming feature on Silent Hill 2

Don't have it currently, but I've had that version (both releases) and played them extensively on the original hardware.

Do peoples limbs tend to twitch a bit during cutscene animations when moving?

Nope, but the animations (the realtime ones) weren't so hot to begin with on either platform.

Does James' light shine through his back as well (casts a light source both in front and in back of him)?

Definitely not. Interesting note is that the lighting is per pixel, unlike the PS2's per vertex so the coverage of any given area remain consistent (the odd "breaking up" look on the PS2)

Are there ever any texture errors, where some will be pure white and others will be completely wrong (IE street lights on a garden wall or something)?

Nope.

Do cutscenes sometimes hitch for a second while the Xbox reads the disc during angle changes?

Yup. The frame rate is lower and the gamma is off big time compared to the MPEG2 encoded PS2 custscenes.

One difference between the original and Platinum release is actually in-game. When you first entered the apartment towards the beginning (before the pyramid head fight), there was whipsering across 3 speakers (L, sL, sR). They took that out in the re-release, likely to make all versions comparable content wise.

Comment

hmmm i think the last post covered ur questions, but i have a copy and would play it on tuesday when i have time to answer your quiestions.

Comment

Dot, I forgot the biggest difference between the two versions. The Xbox version's music was oddly enough too muted to be enjoyed. Play any PS2 version on actual PS2 hardware to hear the shocking difference.

SH4 on Xbox faired a lot better though.

Comment

That sounds terrible. Silent Hill 2 has thee best soundtrack in a game, and I do not say that lightly. Everything about it is just beautiful. I can't actually put it into words just how much I love the soundtrack to this game.

And to think you have yet to experience the game with this soundtrack and all these bugs, to me, you haven't played Silent Hill 2 at all. Get the damn PS2 version!

Comment

Working...
          X