Parasite Eve 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasite Eve 3

AKA, IF I DON'T GET THIS GAME IN SOME WAY SHAPE OR FORM, SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, SQUARE!

Executive Producer: Yoshinori Kitase
    Creative Producer and Concept Design: Tetsuya Nomura
    Director: Hajime Tabata (BCFFVII, CCFFVII, FFXIII Agito, KH Coded)
    Scenario Director: Motomu Toriyama (FFX, FFX-2, FFXIIRW, FFXIII)
    Art Director: Isamu Kamikokuryo (FFX, FFXII)

Don't get too excited -- Square Enix announced the long-awaited third chapter in its thought-to-be-defunct horror-RPG franchise at the publisher's Tokyo event
    today, but it's not what you'd think. Sadly, this game will be produced exclusively for mobile phones...and we're not even clear as to what type of game it will be. The exceptionally brief trailer featured nothing more than a sexy new drawing of heroine Aya Brea (holding a gun to her mouth!) and a poignant remix of the game's main musical theme. Ugh. Well, at least this proves that the series isn't over...

Generally speaking, Square Enix reserved its most fan-oriented Tokyo Game Show 2007 content for its closed mega-theatre, a small arena that seated about 100 gamers at a time. Here, they were treated to glimpses of upcoming blockbuster sequels still early enough in development that the company can only show CG art, rather than actual gameplay. While most of the mega theatre content revolved around Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, there were a few exceptions -- the most notable being the first trailer for Parasite Eve: The Third Birthday.
    First revealed at May's Square Enix party as nothing more than a single sketch of heroine Aya Brea, the new Parasite Eve prompted quite a bit of gamer heartache over the fact that it's headed directly to cell phones. Whether that's ultimately a good or bad thing remains to be seen -- U.S. phones are gradually playing catch-up to Japan's slim-but-powerful devices, and cell phone games can be great when their developers remember to take their input limitations into account -- but it's much too early to say either way just yet, because all Square Enix has revealed of the game is a cryptic pre-rendered video clip.

The point here wasn't to give any sense of the game itself but show a modern rendition of Aya (she was last seen in 2000's Parasite Eve 2, and Square Enix's CG prowess has advance considerably since then). The secondary purpose: hey, this game is being staffed by people with big names -- character designs by Tetsuya Nomura! (FFVII, Kingdom Hearts), story by Motomu Toriyama! (FFXIII), music by Yoko Shimomura! (Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Mana). The message, in other words, is you shouldn't write it off simply because it's a mobile game.
    The video itself depicts Aya (looking even younger than her age-reduced self in PE2) standing in a wedding gown at the altar of a church. Then, the church begins to crumble and a pair of spent shell casings clatter to the floor in slow motion. A man's silhouette appears in the door of the church, holding the form of what appears to be a woman. Aya's wedding ring flies into the air and she draws a pistol and aims it into the camera. The ring drops to the floor and rolls away, finally coming to a rest in the aisle, where it's surrounded by a pool of blood

WHY ON CELL PHONES?! [SIZE="5"]WHY SQUARE?[/SIZE] [SIZE="7"]WHY!?[/SIZE]
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

yea thats R-Tarded...it should have been on all systems.

Comment

Yeah, I was complaining about this too when the announcement was made. Seems kinda silly to do this especially when SquareEnix is attempting to prove it can create other titles than the same Final Fantasy ones each year.

Comment

f*ck you square .. F*ck you gently ..

Comment

I haven't heard any real news since the announcement but it was harshy criticised on both sides of the ocean anyway.

Comment

aya brea is hawt and needs to be shown PS2 style

Comment

Yeah, I remember reading about this...
              Mobile phones only!!!
              Way to Butt F**k a great series and all of it's fans!
              Thanks for nothing, Square

Comment

Is it me, are games companies sadistic bastards? "Here we have a game people have been waiting years to play. They're literally drooling anticpation. Let's do it so a tiny bunch of Japanese fanboys can play it!"

Hopefully, and I realise that some companies find the idea of making more money and keeping there fanbase happy repugnant, they'll make a port of this thing. Or scrap it and dump it on an actual gaming system.

Comment

I find it funny really considering Square Enix were bitching about how they barely crack any money from their US/European sales when more copies get sold in those areas then in Japan.

I also find it funny they keep selling these mobile games, do they even make money? I mean it only works on a particular phone as far as I know.
                  Seems a waste of time and production money if you ask me.
                  They should stick to console based gaming, then again Squenix are made up of f*ckwits anyway.

Comment

Square are a bunch of squares.

They should make it for this-generation consoles, then port it to mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                      f*ck you square .. F*ck you gently ..
                      ...more like hard and in the @ss (without lubrication of course). I want a proper PE sequel, dammit!

Comment

*cough* http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160556 *cough*

Kinda late to the party, but just in case, it seems like a next-gen game is being made... Only question is when and why haven't they announced anything??

Comment

Cause its probably not a legit rumour.

Comment

So is it actually called Parasite Eve 3?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                              Cause its probably not a legit rumour.
                              But what if we really really really really really really really really want it to be true?

Comment

Working...
                              X