DMC4 Demo Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMC4 Demo Soon

It'll be interesting to get some PS3, 360 comparisons going on once the demo's out, downloading it on 360 when it does.

Comment

The last time the game was shown in public, it was said the ps3 had slightly better graphics, with a longer draw distance (an indication of how Capcom's 'other' big budget title will go?... time will tell) but in a recent interview and hands on I read about, the developers were bragging about how both versions are virtually identical.
      I guess the good news is that neither version is getting the 'crappy port' treatment and you'll be able to enjoy it whatever your preference (unless you only own a Wii)...

Comment

It's running on Framework, so the differences will be minimal even though it was nearly complete when the 360 version was announced.

At some point the game was touted to hit 1080p, but no more. At any rate, one look at the latest gameplay movies will have you worried. Enemy AI and damage level was DMC2 caliber, so I'm hoping that was a debug version.

If not, then NGII all the way.

Comment

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be anything like DMC2. I was playing DMC3 for a long period of time, then decided to give 2 a shot, and boy was it slow and so awkward to play.

Comment

Actually i think the DMC series has gone way downhill, very fast. DMC1 was great, DMC2 was horrible and DMC3 was worse. Hopefully this will bring the series back to its original form.

Comment

The 1Up show said the PS3 version looked better. They didn't go into specifics though. Once the demo hits I'll put up some comparison shots from the same frame. Should be fun

PS> I hate the series.
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-11-2007, 06:34 AM.

Comment

You don't like action games anyway Dot, so no dice :p

And rewak, you have got to be only person who actually thinks that DMC3 is worse than DMC2. DMC3 is considered by many the best playing game in the series due to its technical engine; was a great redemption after the travesty that was DMC2. The SE was even better with the addition of Virgil.

If challenging action games aren't your cup of tea, then that's a different matter. I take it you didn't go past Easy Auto or Normal with the first game either :p

The art style of the first game should be familiar with the 4th game, but anyone looking for an atmospheric palace ground adventure needs to look elsewhere. Anyway, here's hoping that the recent vids are of a debug version.
                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 12-11-2007, 07:55 AM.

Comment

DMC3 wasn't worse in gameplay, that's for sure! It was Dante's attitude, his cringe worthy one-liners, the overuse of "bullet time" and the way overused "long lost brother" plotline that ruined it for me. It just seemed like a game for kids with ADD, not my thing. If they bring back what DMC1 had then they'll be onto a winner. Although, seeing as how it isn't Dante, its "Nero", i doubt it. At least Trish is back, i hope to god they don't massacre her, she's the best character in the game.

Comment

I f*cking hate Ninja Gaiden *And Yes I have finished it and the Black Edition to boot*...so Ninja Gaiden 2 only gives me something else to hate on.

Comment

I can't wait for NG2 and somewhat for DMC4...I dono, it looked kinda...emo to me from the trailer. But if the demo's fun, I may just buy it. I've never player a DMC game before, except I did watch awesome may cry, if that counts for anything. ;)

Comment

The Dude, you have bad taste in games then :p

NGII tops my list up there with MGS4. The modern series may have elements heavily borrowed from DMC1 and even Onimusha, but it's a very well designed series. Long satisfying main adventure and tons of replay value to boot unlike Capcom's efforts. Each difficulty mode plays like a new game, which is almost unheard of.

Comment

Is this for PC too?

Comment

I believe the DMC difficulty levels change things around too, more so than Ninja Gaiden. Giving the bosses alone new moves in DMD and VMD modes of DMC3 changed the way you played the game a great deal.

Comment

AI patterns didn't change much in DMC3 on various difficulty levels (damage level went up), and compared to the first game's enemies, there wasn't much variety in moves. More enemies were thrown alongside elevated damage levels.

In that respect, DMC was superior to DMC3 (Nothing came close to Shadows or Frosts in DMC3). But NG adds new enemies on every difficulty level, changes AI pattern of existing enemies, lets you fight more on screen, AND bosses have new moves too. Damage levels are higher, and boss fights aren't quite solo since you'll be fighting the boss and other enemies simultaneously.

The karma system and Black/Sigma's mission modes (and the 3 downloaded survival modes) add greatly to the replay value too.

I've argued in the past that DMC is superior since it lets you mix up moves and create custom combos while NG restricts you. Having checked some really good player vids (not highest karma), I was mistaken.

Have a look at this vid for example:

MNをなるべく正攻法で、アイテム・忍法無しで挑む、前編です。

Strictly difficulty-wise, boss battles alone in DMD modes can be more hectic because of higher HP. HP isn't quite THAT high in NG Master Ninja, but it's harder to land hits.

Frankly, aside from Alma and Doku, DMC1 boss fights were more fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X