Driver Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Series

Did/does anyone ever play these games? I do, they're great. I love the first two (Driver, Driver 2: Back On The Streets), because they had a great story and were really next-gen for the consoles they were made for. Also, Driver 2 did something many sequels couldn't/can't: it improved on the original game. I owned the PC version of Driver, but then for some reason, the disc split clean in two when I was watching an in-game cutscene. Bye-bye, Driver. I must have spent over 100 hours of my life playing that great game. But I still have my Driver 2. I, for the first time, beat it without cheats on PlayStation about two months ago, and the memory of watching those end cutscenes still gives me a proud feeling.

[Lenny crawls out of the chopper, and picks up a gun on the floor]
    Tanner: "Are you gonna shoot me with that?"
    Lenny: "Yeah, I'm... I'm gonna... OOF!"
    [Lenny takes a boot to the gut from Tanner, as well as some other bashing techniques. Camera fades out.]
    [Camera fades back in, this time, Tanner's at the airport with his boss, and Lenny in handcuffs.]
    (I forget what they say at first, but I do remember the last two lines)
    Tanner's boss: "What more is between Caine and Vasquez?"
    Tanner: "It took me a while to figure that out."
    [Camera then pans around the grand statue of Jesus in Rio De Janiero. Camera fades out.]
    [Camera fades in once more, and shows Tanner starting a chase with the cops. Closing credits.]

Since it was two months ago that I beat it, some details might be a little sketchy. But if you haven't played the games, I advise you do. Forget Driv3r and Parallel Lines, they're shit. Play the originals.
    Last edited by Helegad; 12-12-2007, 06:49 PM.

I played the original game right through back when it was released 9 years ago or so... the free map option was really ground breaking back then and the car physics were awesome for their time (nothing like powersliding around corners with actual weight to the car or making jumps over San-Fran hills).

Comment

Yeah true!

Comment

never got into it, tried to play a new version of it and was like blah how do you play this...

Comment

I loved the 1st 2 games! Driver 2 was essentially GTA in 3D, BEFORE GTA went 3D.
          Finished the 1st 2 games.
          In Driver 2 I used to love free roam and would drive around carefully, find some cops and then see how much of a smart ass I could be before they turned on their sirens and gave chase
          Ah, I've got some sweet memories of dem games...
          The 3rd, I never really got into. Although it looks pretty sweet, I found the environments to be rather sparse and empty (compared to GTA). Exploration and running around on foot was a boring and pointless activity.
          I always meant to return to it and play it more but my shear number of games meant that I've never gotten around to it.

Comment

I loved the first one. I remember being very frustrated when they pushed back the release date from March to June. Needless to say, it was worth the wait.
            Number two was too difficult for my taste. I might give it another go, as I sucked at these games when I last played it.
            Driver 3 and onward:

Comment

Tanner runs funny in Driver 2 as well, which I recall. Like he has a carrot somewhere uncomfortable. There is a mission in GTA3 which takes the piss out of it as well (Two Faced Tanner).

Comment

Yeah, GTA and Driver take turns at shooting each other up!

I found Tanner's running animation to be actually quite alright in Driver 2. Play HOTD1 to the end, and watch the way your character walks. Now there's someone that hasn't taken a shit in five years.

I had heaps of trouble with the mission Stake Out in Driver 2. I passed it without cheats after about 5 years.

@ Skunky: Did you try beeping your horn insistently at cops while behind them? Your felony bar goes up slowly in little bits... It's really piss funny, cause after a while they get pissed off at you and start the chase.

Comment

Yeah, I did
                  The fun really begins when you pull up next to them at a red light. I'd be honking the horn, rapidly driving backwards and forwards, doing mini burnouts... if they still hadn't been set off, then I'd drive in front of them and stop, not letting them pass or drive behind them REALLY close and honk away...
                  The funniest time ever was when I was playing it with a mate. We were both on the er, 'Happy Herb', so we were putting on stupid voices and talking to the cops as we did it all.
                  Man, we were laughing so hard, I nearly wet my pants!

Comment

I loved the free roam driving from Driver 1, however I hated even if you just stared at a police car wrong it was a felony and they'd run you down.
                    It was all too easy to get police attention.

Comment

Yeah, that was shit. You know, I just... uh... 'legally' downloaded Driver (because my disc split, but I still own the case, so I still own it, right?), and finished the game. The President's Run is just evil, but gives you a nice fuzzy feeling once you finish it.

Hancock, Castaldi, and Vaughn went down hard, man!

Comment

I remember after playing it a couple of times I somewhere got some kinda of mod which activated all the cheats so I turned off the police alert option and just free roamed around the cities listening to my own music on winamp, those were the days *sigh*

Comment

Didn't you ever finish all the missions? All the cheats are unlocked once you complete The President's Run.

Comment

Working...
                          X