Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnout Paradise

Anyone got the demo? Tons of fun but the RR-style DJ commentary and the whole "Paradise city" bit made me laugh. Too familiar to be missed by RR fans.

It had to come out while I'm working... I'll get around to playing it on Monday.

Comment

Anyone got the demo? Tons of fun but the RR-style DJ commentary and the whole "Paradise city" bit made me laugh. Too familiar to be missed by RR fans.
      Not really too interested in this game (As it's not exactly "new" to me).
      If you want to see more of the "familiar" stuff, you should (or well, you really shouldn't) check out Need for Speed ProStreet... It's as if EA still just chugs on whatever designs, concepts and gameplay ideas other somewhat similar games/franchises has and then just tries to cram it all into their own little soup while forgetting to add the gameplay and instead just sprinkle some turmeric. And ofcourse, let's not forget how their titles mostly comes totally sin-alcohol, so the entire family can enjoy the wine before it's entirely ripe!

Comment

Seems like fun, but I wish they stuck to Revenge's formula. That said, its quite fun when you get a few people you know in the game.

PS3 and 360 versions are identical but the 360 has some more framerate drops.

Comment

Legends was the best. Because it combined the best of the series, into one PSP package. I still haven't finished it!

Why, oh why does the demo for Paradise only have to come out for 360? Where did the PC demos go?

Comment

Looks okay but I had one MAJOR problem with it...
            AAAaaaarrrgh!!! No option to change the controller set up
            I HATE when they try forcing me to use the triggers for accelerate and break!
            If the full game dosn't allow me to change it back to the classic X for accelerate, square for break, R1 for nitro, I simply wont buy it.
            I can only hope they left out the option, to save 'mb size' for the demo. I paused the demo about 6 times, just hoping I had somehow missed it or thinking it might magically appear in the options.
            Surely it has to be included in the full game...
            Last edited by Skunky; 12-15-2007, 12:14 AM.

Comment

If anyone here has the demo for PS3, add me as a friend so I can invite you in when we have some matches Umon and I had a blast.

Dot50Cal is the name
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-15-2007, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Will do... on Monday. I downloaded it when I got home from work, but I had like 2 minutes to play it. You guys will be old hat at it by then and I'll suck up a storm no doubt. Ahh well.

Comment

See ya Monday then. It was a blast. I'll log on tonight too if you're up for another game Dot.

Comment

Damn, I wish I had a PS3. Sounds like frickin' fun!

Comment

I need to get a video for Gamersyde, anyone willing to join in a match? Looking to do some spectacular stunts so I'll probably grab a headset so we can coordinate easily.

Comment

I don't have a headset.. and you've seen my skills (or lack of). I'm free typically for two hours every days from 10PM to midnight.

Comment

I went to join you guys as expected, but of course typically Sony released their patch right at the same time and for some odd reason it took hours to download (it wasn't my connection either, a whole bunch of local users seemed to have the same lengthy downloading issues) and by the time it finished it was like 10:30pm here, which was after midnight where you guys are.

Sorry. Hopefully Thursday night will work out better.
                          Last edited by Rombie; 12-18-2007, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Ah, Yeah. I guess we gotta get a time set properly. What timezone are you in Rombie? On a related note, I finally sprung for a Bluetooth Headset so we can coordinate things a bit easier
                            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 12-19-2007, 02:01 AM.

Comment

I took tomorrow off work so I should be able to play with you guys tonight and some tomorrrow (need to do some Christmas shopping ). I'll dig out my SOCOM headset as a backup to my bluetooth if it's either bad quality or broken or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X